Sign in to follow this  

Take the logitech throttle Quadrant, it comes with USB when bought separately. They will work for some years. Thats ok for that price.

I am too waiting a year for some more Honeycomb reviews. I want a mid price yoke.

Edited by Paladin2005

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Hi, 

I just received my Honeycomb yoke and it is nice. I also bought the Saitek throttle quadrant  thinking I can use that in the meantime until the Bravo throttle becomes available. My problem is how can I get the throttle quadrant to work when I believe it was purposely designed to plug into the Saitek yoke. I didn't realize that the two Saitek products have to be connected to one another. Any help would be most appreciated. 

Cheers, 

John

22 minutes ago, ejy1 said:

I didn't realize that the two Saitek products have to be connected to one another. Any help would be most appreciated. 

They don't as long as you bought the Saitek throttle with the USB connector. 

The other, which I'm not sure can be bought without the yoke, other than used, has a PS2 type connector and must be used with the Saitek yoke.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Ernie, 

Thank you for the reply. The Saitek throttle I have purchased does have a USB connector but I need some help in a making sure P3Dv4 reads it as a throttle and not a yoke. I'm not too educated on how to use FSUPIC and I have only taken a glance at SPAD.neXT. If there is a video tutorial on how to set the darn thing up I would be a happy camper. 

Cheers, 

John

Edited by ejy1

On 9/4/2019 at 6:40 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Also, two identical USB Logitech units makes it a problem with Windows/ FSUIPC5. Plug them in in a different order and they swap commands.

Hi Ray,

If you assign Capital Letters to identify different control devices with FSUIPC then re-plugging in the control devices (e.g, throttle quadrants) should not be a problem. Has worked well for me for years. See the Keeping track of multiple control devices ("Joy Letters") section of the FSUIPC User's Guide.

Al

Edited by ark

11 hours ago, ejy1 said:

Hi Ernie, 

Thank you for the reply. The Saitek throttle I have purchased does have a USB connector but I need some help in a making sure P3Dv4 reads it as a throttle and not a yoke. I'm not too educated on how to use FSUPIC and I have only taken a glance at SPAD.neXT. If there is a video tutorial on how to set the darn thing up I would be a happy camper. 

Cheers, 

John

John, it will be read as a throttle so don't worry. The only reason Saitek made one with a PS/2 connector was so if anyone bought a second one both could be uniquely identified easily.

10 hours ago, ark said:

Hi Ray,

If you assign Capital Letters to identify different control devices with FSUIPC then re-plugging in the control devices (e.g, throttle quadrants) should not be a problem. Has worked well for me for years. See the Keeping track of multiple control devices ("Joy Letters") section of the FSUIPC User's Guide.

Al

Useful tip, thanks. I have bought a home-made stand that supports one of those boxes that can hold two Saitek quadrants. Perfect and now that the setup never leaves home unplugging and plugging never happens.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather