Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

troybilt

PC aviator no response after weeks of attempts

That seems to me like a very reasonable and helpful offer from PC Aviator, for those who have been left stranded by other vendors.

Bill

2 hours ago, knocks said:

All my efforts to contact the Australian PC Aviator store still go unanswered.

Same here. Looking for the Flysimware 35A update. Ticket sent 13 Sept, 21 Sept and 4 Oct. Tickets confirmed received but no response. Frustrating. Another week and I'll ask Flysimware to take over my license for this aircraft. Both the PC Aviator USA and Australian sites are done as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers.

howevr

If you haven't received a response by now, you won't (and never will receive a response).  What were you asking?  Having an issue downloading the update?  That's the only possible reason I could see for you submitting a "ticket".  Never heard of them having a "ticket".  The site provides info on every product you have ever purchased with a link to the product so you can download it again.  They do not provide product support.  If you want that, visit the AVSIM FlySimWare Support Forums here at AVSIM.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am simply requesting access to my purchased products. Currently the store fails to supply active links to many of the products in my account.

6 hours ago, Jim Young said:

They do not provide product support. 

I was wrong about this.  They do provide basic tech support based on what they know about how software works - https://www.pcaviator.com/store/pages.php?pageid=10.  See the bottom of the Help section under Tech Support.  Unfortunately I do not think they have the manpower to provide even basic support but they say they have it. I think they are making a serious mistake by providing even basic support as none of the other stores provide support. They do say you should go to the developer for more support if needed.  I rarely do that though and post in the appropriate AVSIM Forums and ask other users if they know how to fix the problem I am having.  Usually I will get the answer.

58 minutes ago, knocks said:

I am simply requesting access to my purchased products. Currently the store fails to supply active links to many of the products in my account.

The system is working for me.  I sign in on the front page, goto order history, click on the product I want to update and it takes me to the order details.  I then look inside the invoice and see "download link".  I click on that and I have the updated product.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm familiar with how the process should work, but as mentioned many of the products in my account are missing their download links.

13 hours ago, Jim Young said:

If you haven't received a response by now, you won't (and never will receive a response).  What were you asking?  Having an issue downloading the update?  That's the only possible reason I could see for you submitting a "ticket".  Never heard of them having a "ticket".  The site provides info on every product you have ever purchased with a link to the product so you can download it again.  They do not provide product support.  If you want that, visit the AVSIM FlySimWare Support Forums here at AVSIM.

In my case, I have the download link. It's just that they have not updated the link to the current version. Flysimware advised they have updated the product to version 4.2G. They do not send the update to the PC Aviator Australia store but rather to the USA store who in turn passes it on the the Australia store. The Australia store picked up the 4.2A update but it's was updated to 4.2G some time ago. The USA site has this version at their site but not the Australia site. I'm piggy in the middle. When you choose the Contact Us for the Australian store you only have the option to raise a support ticket.

Cheers,

howevr

I have bought many titles from PC aviator and NEVER had any problems, Robert has always emailed back quickly with any questions I have had about product or download links. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

2 hours ago, TurboKen said:

I have bought many titles from PC aviator and NEVER had any problems, Robert has always emailed back quickly with any questions I have had about product or download links. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

So...what is the trick to make this happen for everyone?  There must be something (a sales threshold that must be met, perhaps) that opens the door to this magical land customer service of which you speak 🙂

Chris

On 10/8/2019 at 3:31 AM, knocks said:

All my efforts to contact the Australian PC Aviator store still go unanswered.

Ditto.  I did just see a notice that says as of two days ago (8 Oct 19) all download orders with PCAviator are being handled by the main store in the US.  I'd recommend contacting them at crew@pcaviator.com with any unanswered issues arising from the Australia store, as the AU subsidiary has been nonresponsive to support requests for a good long time now.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thanks for the heads up. Both Aussie stores now shut. Being able to get old purchases is good but we won't get product updates.

I've asked the USA store if they can provide updated downloads (with purchase proof), will see how that goes. I see a lot of requests coming to transfer purchases to the developers site to get updates. Frankly I wish this was always the case. Prove you own the product and download from the developers site. The developer surely would gain from being able to interact, promote, engage with their customers directly.

Cheers,

howevr

12 hours ago, howevr said:

Thanks for the heads up. Both Aussie stores now shut. Being able to get old purchases is good but we won't get product updates.

I've asked the USA store if they can provide updated downloads (with purchase proof), will see how that goes. I see a lot of requests coming to transfer purchases to the developers site to get updates. Frankly I wish this was always the case. Prove you own the product and download from the developers site. The developer surely would gain from being able to interact, promote, engage with their customers directly.

I got an e-mail last night from PCAviator USA that says they updated the Flysimware Lear to 4.2g on the Aussie site (it's apparently still open for hardware & boxed software sales) and if you download from the link on your invoice page you should get the latest version.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

10 hours ago, w6kd said:

I got an e-mail last night from PCAviator USA that says they updated the Flysimware Lear to 4.2g on the Aussie site (it's apparently still open for hardware & boxed software sales) and if you download from the link on your invoice page you should get the latest version.

Thanks. Done and dusted. Though I wonder why you got an email? Are you perhaps chipping in on our behalf? If yes, then Thanks.

Cheers,

howevr

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.