Sign in to follow this  
nas123

3rd party involment info

The info below is from

ARSTECHNICA who attended the demo gathering 

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/09/the-new-ms-flight-simulator-taught-me-how-to-fly-an-actual-plane/

Asobo says it wants the community's feedback in a big way, and in a good-faith gesture, the company is already working with third-party developers who have made and sold add-ons to existing Flight Simulator games. Shortly after the new game's E3 reveal, existing third-party devs began talking to Asobo. NDAs were signed and reps flew to meet with Asobo and Microsoft, receive the upcoming game's SDK, and affirm their interest in having their add-on wares hosted both in an in-game digital-download shop and at their own privately hosted sites. (I can't recall a recent Microsoft or Xbox game that came with such a pledge.) Neither Microsoft nor Asobo confirmed which existing third-party add-ons were involved in this process or when their efforts may be revealed as attachments to the upcoming game.

• Like 3

Nice, this confirms the marketplace job listings that appeared a while ago. Looks like they finally learned from Microsoft Flight and won't be attempting anything like that again.

14 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

I know for a certainty via a via that no third party developers have the SDK yet.

Interesting. Because under NDA now one is allowed to speak about this outside the defined "Restrictions". 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

As expected, they are already working with some selected devs. They will help to build the SDK and get their add-ons on the sim as soon as possible. I hope they all put their products on the official store (steam or MS store, steam preferably). 

And of course we won't know who's involved, they are under NDAs.

Edited by ca_metal

4 hours ago, fta2017 said:

I know for a certainty via a via that no third party developers have the SDK yet.

That is why it is called "upcoming SDK"

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------