Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

Flightbeam KIAD update available

Thanks! Got it. Would never have known since it doesn't show up on FlightBeam Manager. One of my favourite airport.

Make sure you are using the latest flightbeam managers, as it showed on mine several days ago.

https://www.flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3071

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

This turned into an afternoon delight.  My FB Manager was not indicating an available update so following the instructions from the FB Forum I downloaded the latest FB Manager and installed it, which resulted in five of my nine products being  locked.  A closer look revealed that those were all purchased via esellerate prior to the 2017 conversion to direct sales.  This conversion was done successfully when I first installed a new FB Manager but now broken by the Manger update.  Another look revealed the problem to be I changed email addresses after dropping AT&T U-Verse in 2018; fortunately, the FB website had a button to push to merger old and new email addresses from which point I was able to download the five new installers.  Each installation required a download, removal via Manger of prior install, install new and configure and finally go back in with ADE and correct the three of the five that had wrong ILS configurations.

I had so much fun... I just love this hobby!

• Like 4

Dan Downs KCRP

Any discount to previous owners? I've have all my Flightbeam airports for so long I haven't ever installed the new manager.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

48 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Any discount to previous owners? I've have all my Flightbeam airports for so long I haven't ever installed the new manager.

Upgrade is free for existing IAD owners

• Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

On 10/23/2019 at 9:59 AM, downscc said:

This turned into an afternoon delight.  My FB Manager was not indicating an available update so following the instructions from the FB Forum I downloaded the latest FB Manager and installed it, which resulted in five of my nine products being  locked.  A closer look revealed that those were all purchased via esellerate prior to the 2017 conversion to direct sales.  This conversion was done successfully when I first installed a new FB Manager but now broken by the Manger update.  Another look revealed the problem to be I changed email addresses after dropping AT&T U-Verse in 2018; fortunately, the FB website had a button to push to merger old and new email addresses from which point I was able to download the five new installers.  Each installation required a download, removal via Manger of prior install, install new and configure and finally go back in with ADE and correct the three of the five that had wrong ILS configurations.

For real? Then I will be in the same boat fml. 

On 10/23/2019 at 9:59 AM, downscc said:

I got so tired of this that I stopped updating. I'm still on P3Dv4.2 with addons of the same vintage but I get to spend all my sim time flying instead of maintaining/tweaking now. I threw in the towel and decided if it works fine, don't mess with it. When I upgrade my computer I will get current.....for a little while. I don't know what version of FB KIAD I have but it looks great. :biggrin:

Ted

• Like 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

You should update the installer so that your can simply update via the FlightBeam interface on your desktop instead of having to go into your account at FlightBeam to manually update. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Is anyone else having an issue with GSX not detecting the SODE jetways in V3? It doesn't think there are any jetways, so it keeps trying to make its own or use stairs.

I only noticed that jetways cannot attach to the plane on a few parking spots due to aircraft being too close to the terminal. Slewing a plane back a bit solves the problem without tampering with afcad. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

Is anyone else having an issue with GSX not detecting the SODE jetways in V3? It doesn't think there are any jetways, so it keeps trying to make its own or use stairs.

Not exactly, but what I think I have noticed is that if I modify a single parking position GSX adds it's own jetway over top of, or next to the original SODE jetway. I've seen it twice now. Once modifying gate D15 at LVFR KMIA and another time at a gate at FB KIAD. I can't remember which airport, but all I did was edit the parking location and disable the staircases and when I exited there was an extra (GSX) jetway. At the other airport, I edited the position and selected underground fuel. Same result, extra jetway. I had to edit the GSX .ini files and delete the jetway lines for those gates. I was going to report it to Umberto, but I wanted top play with it a little more so that I could give him steps to duplicate it. 

Did you by any chance edit all (or multiple) parking positions and change non-jetway related items? I haven't tried that, but it would make sense that what I am seeing applies to group edits as well.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440