Sign in to follow this  
jpc55

Is MS going to make FS controls?

Has anyone heard anything more about Microsoft having flight sim controls? :happy:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jpc55 said:

Has anyone heard anything more about Microsoft having flight sim controls? :happy:

In recent photos of the people (flight simmers) they had visit Microsoft, they showed hardware Yokes, Rudder Pedals and throttles in use.

Does that answer your question?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

53 minutes ago, jpc55 said:

All I can hope for is this being fuel for inspiration of a hardware dev to make full FFB yoke and rudder controls.

• Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

As long as I can still use my Microsoft FF2 joystick, I would be happy.  If they introduced a FF yoke, I would not be able to contain my EXCITEMENT!

Stan

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, spilok said:

As long as I can still use my Microsoft FF2 joystick, I would be happy.

You just reminded me that I still have a MS FF2 in my closet somewhere.

FF2 with the inexpensive FS Force module was a more realistic sim control experience. It makes me want to plug it in again and give it a go in P3Dv4 which supports force feedback if my memory serves me right.

In any case I shall definitely try it in MSFS too.

Edited by NAVPI
Added P3Dv4 reference
  • Upvote 1

Not used it for years, but the MS FF2 was an amazing bit of kit in its day for the price. Not sure I could go back to it after using the Hotas Warthog and real yokes / columns for a few years, but for a quick bit of simming it was the first piece of hardware I ever added and made a huge difference (had the original too).

There would definitely be a market for a FF3. I'd welcome it because without FF it's quite hard to feel the plane like you can it real life, it just takes it that little bit further.

• Upvote 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

YES Please, Yokes pedals & a decent stick..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Yeah, I would like to see a FF3 being launched with the new sim, but don’t think it will happen.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

As long as the sim supports the FF2, that's job done for me as far as controls are concerned.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I was at my mother's house for the first time in several years a few months ago. I was digging through my old stuff and I found a few things that went straight in my case for the 7000 mile journey back home:

1.) A whole load of IO cards
2.) EPIC card (anyone remember those?)
3.) A complete set of Flight Deck Solutions overhead IBL panels for the 737 NG
4.) and of course, this...

7c962faa6233d7c502fdb8a8bebcdb18.jpg

• Like 3