Sign in to follow this  
737Andi

Software for Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hello,

I just bought a Buttkicker Gamer 2 for my office chair. 
When doing some research in the internet I read a lot about special tools like SimVibe, OpusFX, Simshaker,... etc., which optimize the data that is sent to the Buttkicker.

I think a second dedicated sound card is required for all of them?

Can anyone recommend me a software that works perfect? Which one would you see as the best for Prepar3d? 

Thank you for all comments!

Best regards Andreas 

Opus has Buttkicker support. I use it in my cockpit.

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsi_v5_ButtKicker.htm

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I use the OPUS software and find it works well and the best for P3D. I have two buttkickers one on my chair and the other for the flight panel and controllers. You will need two audio cards. I found that one buttkicker wasn't enough. The opus software will allow up to three buttkickers.Once you get it setup correctly it will add allot of immersion  to the sim. For instance I have the first buttkicker that's attached to the desk programed to use the audio from the sim along with the opus presets. On the chair I use only the opus presets. Its all highly customizable to your liking. You will find you want at least two for the best experience . If you need help just PM me.

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I'm tending slightly to the OPUSFSI software right now, but I fear that the several weather and camera functions of this software might interfere with my current setup of Active Sky and Chaseplane. 

What are your thoughts?

15 minutes ago, 737Andi said:

I'm tending slightly to the OPUSFSI software right now, but I fear that the several weather and camera functions of this software might interfere with my current setup of Active Sky and Chaseplane. 

What are your thoughts?

You can easily disable the weather and camera components in Opus so that they don't interfere with anything. Of course, you don't have to do that, but that's an entirely different matter... 🤣 (I've gone back from ASP4 to OpusFSI for my weather, but let's not clutter this topic with that discussion... 😉).

HTH,

Tym

As Tymk said You can use the Opus software with just the buttkicker component. I use ASP4 for weather. I do believe that the OPUS software is your best bet to start with. There is other software out there but takes abit of knowledge with a large learning curve. OPUS works perfect. It will take you awhile to get it right were you want it. Not all planes are the same. The more expensive ones seem to work better. 

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

Interesting as I have three buttkickers; one for my chair, one for my pedals and one for my yoke and I have never had to use software for it to work?  I get full immersive vibration throughout my body with my placements.  I use a sound mixer which can direct the sound to the kickers.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

2 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Interesting as I have three buttkickers; one for my chair, one for my pedals and one for my yoke and I have never had to use software for it to work?  I get full immersive vibration throughout my body with my placements.  I use a sound mixer which can direct the sound to the kickers.

The Opus software allows you not to use if you don't want to the aircraft sounds for the vibrations, it uses events to trigger the effects. This with the ability to also add the sim sounds makes a great mixture.  I use the Opus effects for the chair but on the controllers and desktop panels I use a mixture of both. Just using the sound for the buttkicker you are missing allot.

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

Interesting, Josh.  I had Opus years ago but never explored it's buttkicker abilities.   May have to dig that out and have a looksy.  😉

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I have just bought Opus FSI and tried it with my Buttkicker Gamer 2.
So far I'm unfortunately not that convinced :(

I have the feeling that the buttkicker effect is coming time shifted. Always a bit too late.

Do I need to enable some extra features (e.g. bass boost) under windows or the dedicated sound card (Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro) ?

I would be very thankful if someone could share their settings from OPUS and/or the buttkicker.

Maybe a short screenshot.

I'm pretty sure its me just misconfiguring the software.

Thank you very much!

Best regards Andi

57 minutes ago, 737Andi said:

I have just bought Opus FSI and tried it with my Buttkicker Gamer 2.
So far I'm unfortunately not that convinced :(

I have the feeling that the buttkicker effect is coming time shifted. Always a bit too late.

Do I need to enable some extra features (e.g. bass boost) under windows or the dedicated sound card (Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro) ?

I would be very thankful if someone could share their settings from OPUS and/or the buttkicker.

Maybe a short screenshot.

I'm pretty sure its me just misconfiguring the software.

Thank you very much!

Best regards Andi

Are you using two sound cards? It is required for best effects. It took me awhile to get a handle on it all. I use a mixture of the sound from the sim and the sound effects from the opus software and find a great balance, but you have to have two sound cards and a minimum of two buttkickers for a great experience. Three would be even better to get more vibrations on the pedals. When I fist got mine just having 1 on the chair wasn't cutting it for me.

Try mounting it under your desk( i used a piece of 1 1/2 " wood closet rod about 3 " long) screwed on under my desk to get vibration onto the controllers and panels.

Buying a second buttkicker is no option for me 😞

Is there a chance to mix the sound from the sim partly under the special sound effects from opus?

I would buy a usb sound card (cheep) and plug your buttkicker into it and see if you like it with just the Opus effects. That is your only solution which I think is the best for only having one unit.