Sign in to follow this  
Redeye1

Decision time

I will even say more....Q400 😎

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

In spite of all the previous opinions, I'd go for the Q400.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

All you guys are SOOOOOOO  COOOOOOOOLLLLLL!

We should get a group Shared Cockpit (or Single) Group Flight sometime soon!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Late to the party but the Q400 for me as well. Lovely bird! Have just kind of rediscovered it and man I love it.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Has anyone already mentioned the Q400? 😆

Really good aeroplane. Rewarding when you get the hang of it.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'd opt for the Bee.... just kidding 🤣 I don't really fly any other airliners now, because nothing comes close to the Q400. I love that Q400 so much I built a whole virtual airline around it, it's that good.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I have both. The Majestic is far more complex. A pal of mine, a former Dash pilot enjoyed flying it recently - high praise.

For an easy life choose the King Air, for a challenge the Dash.

Whew lots of airliner people here.  The Q400 is nice no doubt.  As a GA guy though, I like the king air...good systems modelling too.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have the Pro version and honestly rarely touch it....  it's definitely an excellent addon....  the best part is excellent FPS for such nice displays.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The Q400 was ranked in the Top 5 Airliners by an FSElite Poll.  I'd wager the only reason it wasn't #1 or #2 is because it's a very niche aircraft and many people in our community haven't purchased it yet.  Same goes for the Maddog.  Something else, both the Maddog and the Majestic Dash are very complex aircraft and if you add the niche market, well with all that I think it speaks volumes that both made the Top 5.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yep - these are the best airliners

https://fselite.net/video/fselite-original-community-voted-top-5-prepar3d-airliners/

I am very grateful, I have them all - now learning them is gonna take a while (business/life balance needs to create room for simming).  There is so much happening with these birds.  Just amazed at how many years of fun I can have with these addons.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

12 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Yep - these are the best airliners

https://fselite.net/video/fselite-original-community-voted-top-5-prepar3d-airliners/

I am very grateful, I have them all - now learning them is gonna take a while (business/life balance needs to create room for simming).  There is so much happening with these birds.  Just amazed at how many years of fun I can have with these addons.

Well, you can compress the learning curve considerably by working with someone in Shared Cockpit in the Dash 8 Q400 Professional, and we've started work on Shared Cockpit for the MaddogX and the Aerosoft Airbus X and now the Aerosoft Airbus Professional as well.  The older Maddog had Shared Cockpit back in the day, and it's great to see this feature coming back to the MaddogX.

In fact, I used to run a private, invitation only flight sim group for roughly 8 years or so, and we'd bring new pilots up to speed on the Dash 8, Maddog and Aerosoft Airbus using Shared Cockpit (Aerosoft's version of Shared Cockpit is called "Connected Flight Deck", which I believe is a far better term for Airliners).  

Being conservative, I'd say it reduced the time spent learning a new aircraft by at least 400%.  Not only that, but Shared Cockpit also allowed our pilots to learn things they would otherwise would not have learned.

Dave Hodges

6 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well, you can compress the learning curve considerably by working with someone in Shared Cockpit in the Dash 8 Q400 Professional, and we've started work on Shared Cockpit for the MaddogX and the Aerosoft Airbus X and now the Aerosoft Airbus Professional as well.  The older Maddog had Shared Cockpit back in the day, and it's great to see this feature coming back to the MaddogX.

In fact, I used to run a private, invitation only flight sim group for roughly 8 years or so, and we'd bring new pilots up to speed on the Dash 8, Maddog and Aerosoft Airbus using Shared Cockpit (Aerosoft's version of Shared Cockpit is called "Connected Flight Deck", which I believe is a far better term for Airliners).  

Being conservative, I'd say it reduced the time spent learning a new aircraft by at least 400%.  Not only that, but Shared Cockpit also allowed our pilots to learn things they would otherwise would not have learned.

I absolutely agree with you - this is something I truly want to do; I just need to find time and allocate it.  Probably in 2 weeks time, I should be able to squeeze out an hour in the evenings. I can't for this experience.  I need to learn these birds well.

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Wennerholm said:

What year was Dash 8 Q400 Professional released?

The Pilot version was released in April of 2013.

I'd have to check my emails regarding the Professional version release date, but I can tell you we had it under development for just over 6 years - and it shows!

Also... there is a strong future for the Dash 8... but I can't say anything more about it.

Dave Hodges