Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

December 19th, 2019 - Development/Insider Update

5 hours ago, ca_metal said:

10Mb internet will be enought to have the best experience, according to Neumann in a interview he gave to an argentinian site yesterday:

That's good news, with a couple of caveats:

1) You might need more than 10 Mbps if you're sharing the connection with others who are watching videos, playing online games, or other Internet-intensive activities at the same time you're flying. There are ways to throttle that, but it's still a good idea to have enough bandwidth to share, if you're in a multi-user environment.

2) If you fly over a wide area and fly often enough, you might exceed your data cap if you're not on an unlimited data plan with your ISP.

That said, it's still good to know that we won't need a 100+ Mbps connection to get the best experience. 

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Well in that case I should have 10 times the best experience.😁

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

In your professional game simming opinions, would you all expect my system specs to allow me a great experience, or would you recommend any changes/upgrades? Will upgrade CPU/Mobo next year when I see where the wind blows concerning AMD/Intel roadpaths past 5 GHz at reasonable temps:

I7 7700K (Noctua NH-D15) / 1080TI (Asus Strix) / 32 GB RAM (Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHZ) / 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro (Win10) / 4 TB Samsung 860 Evo (Flight sim. mostly) / 6 TB WD Black 7200 RPM, 256 MB cache (Everything else)

Thx in advance!

Edited by RaDoMe
Courtesy close

15 hours ago, RaDoMe said:

In your professional game simming opinions, would you all expect my system specs to allow me a great experience, or would you recommend any changes/upgrades? Will upgrade CPU/Mobo next year when I see where the wind blows concerning AMD/Intel roadpaths past 5 GHz at reasonable temps:

I7 7700K (Noctua NH-D15) / 1080TI (Asus Strix) / 32 GB RAM (Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHZ) / 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro (Win10) / 4 TB Samsung 860 Evo (Flight sim. mostly) / 6 TB WD Black 7200 RPM, 256 MB cache (Everything else)

There have been so many posts asking about system specs for MSFS and the one answer which is most on point is always the same: the sim is still more than half a year (probably) away, in alpha stage and people in the tech alpha aren't allowed to say anything. There is no way to reliably make any statements regarding system specs at this time.

FWIW, I would think your system is perfectly fine. Reports from public events and some tech alpha testers, whether they're allowed to share that information or not, suggest the sim runs just fine at high settings on systems of i7's and a GPU like yours.

Just wait until the sim is released or you get your hands on it through any upcoming tech alpha if you've signed up for that. I wouldn't make any system changes now (except for changes unrelated to MSFS, obviously).

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 12/28/2019 at 5:07 AM, jcomm said:

I believe Internet bandwidth will be the major player with MFS... and in that respect I have bad news for me.... 

Yeah, my pathetic internet speeds is  my biggest worry about the new MFS right now.  8Mbit DSL is what I  have and I have no options for anything better at the moment.

On the bright side Elon Musk's Starlink is supposed to be available in the US mid next year, if his pricing is good it's my greatest chance of having a modern ISP speed.  So there is a chance my slow internet could be solved before MFS even releases!

2020 is shaping up to be a good year for me...

On 12/29/2019 at 9:18 PM, RaDoMe said:

Thx in advance!

I have a very similar system to yours, with the 7700K running at 5GHz on the same Noctua air cooler and a 1080Ti Aorus Extreme. Only 16GB of RAM though. The thing is, regardless of what FS2020 will require, there are big changes coming to hardware in 2020 so I would wait for the latest crop of AMD CPU's that seem to be on fire at the moment, Intel's response to that, and more importantly: the latest Nvidia cards on the 7nm architecture which are promising a massive performance increase compared to the small steps of the previous iterations.

So wait and see in any case, but I too would look at CPU/MB upgrades first as the GPU's we have are still plenty powerful enough unless you are running 4K.

• Upvote 1