Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

December 19th, 2019 - Development/Insider Update

December 19th, 2019 – Development Update

POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Desktop-Screenshot-2019.12.12-23.27.41.0

Screenshot credit – U/TomMaverick7650

On behalf of the entire MSFS team, we wish you and your loved ones the very best this holiday season. As we bring 2019 to a close, we are incredibly grateful for everyone that has joined us on this adventure of developing the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator! We’ve taken some memorable steps with you in 2019, and we cannot wait to continue this adventure with you in 2020.

The best is yet to come!

MEDIA UPDATE

This week we’d like to spotlight a few user submitted screenshots from Tech Alpha!

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Technical-Alp

Screenshot credit – U/z32ands30

Screenshot credit – U/rwflush

Screenshot credit – U/NotoriousBPG

Screenshot credit – U/SebastianShain

Namibia.jpg

Screenshot credit – U/rwflush

Silverstone_50.png

Screenshot credit – U/NotoriousBPG

SDK UPDATE

• SDK – Preview Version release moved back to mid-January.
  • SDK – Official V1 release expected March 2020.

We’ve made great progress on the SDK in recent weeks and are confident that an initial preview version will be ready as early as mid-January. The preview version will allow interested 3rd party developers to have a first look at the SDK, provide feedback and send requests / wishes to help us prioritize the work moving forward (similar to the Tech Alpha process).This is by no means an official V1 release – we expect that to be ready March 2020.

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

We’ve posted the first draft of the Feedback Snapshot in the Insider Area! This document is still being worked on so expect another update in a few weeks that contains additional information regarding the progress being made on each entry.

Next update – 01.09!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

December 19th, 2019 – Insider Update

POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT V1

The Feedback Snapshot preview is now available. This document is still a work-in-progress so expect additional information (e.g. status for each entry, etc.) to be added over the next few weeks.

1.00FS_v5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Another pine for you @ChaoticBeauty

Thanks for posting the updates.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I like the outside cam UI, that will be handy as long as we can easily toggle it on and off.

And wow at that mountain desert shot!

• Like 2

Brings a tear to my eye. Gads, that icing screenshot looks absolutely stunning! 2020 here we come!

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

It's lovely that they gave us a peek into what users are experiencing in the Tech Alpha, makes it easier for us who are not in. Hopefully this will eliminate any doubts that the simulator can look this good on consumer systems.

HUD looks great too, an evolution from Microsoft Flight (though I hope a minimal version like that will be an option too).

• Like 3

The glaciers look gorgeous, but I wonder if they're actually 3D or just orthophoto?

3 minutes ago, fsxkitty said:

The glaciers look gorgeous, but I wonder if they're actually 3D or just orthophoto?

Definitely looks like there is some tessellation at work there, adding lots of little details to the ice. It has to be my favourite out of the set released today. I can't wait to do some scenic flights around New Zealand, exploring all the glaciers.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

1 minute ago, suncoastflyer said:

Definitely looks like there is some tessellation at work there, adding lots of little details to the ice. It has to be my favourite out of the set released today. I can't wait to do some scenic flights around New Zealand, exploring all the glaciers.

As a New Zealander, I second this.

• Like 1

Am I the only one happy to see performance is not one of the top issues? 🙂

• Like 16
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Just now, Krakin said:

Am I the only one happy to see performance is not one of the top issues? 🙂

Given the first trailer was real time 4K60 that erased most of my concerns from the get go, but I agree it sure is reassuring.

• Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

3 minutes ago, SterlingCrimson92 said:

The last screenshot of the update... is that Silverstone?

Yup.

• Like 1