Sign in to follow this  
disco79stu

Changing the seasonal texture "threshold"?

Very nice found! I didnt know this and have the same problem, I use always real weather/temperatures ect. and time (just different hours maybe) but now the winter behind my window looks different than in P3D!

I see its a subscription method, I dont like it but its a trial and I can take it for end of winter only for example ;).

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

Unless you switch to manual mode.

Yes, and the manual mode is very good for creating your own spring and fall conditions, which both are way off in P3d4. Last fall, I used online tree leaf color maps for the NE USA  to create realistic autumn conditions. I used partial/peak for the fall polygons and leafless conditions for the winter polygons. The manual and automatic modes will coexist, such that the hard winter polygons derived by Season Manager from www.windy.com snow cover will cover up fall and winter polygons that are created manually.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Yes, and the manual mode is very good for creating your own spring and fall conditions, which both are way off in P3d4. Last fall, I used online tree leaf color maps for the NE USA  to create realistic autumn conditions. I used partial/peak for the fall polygons and leafless conditions for the winter polygons. The manual and automatic modes will coexist, such that the hard winter polygons derived by Season Manager from www.windy.com snow cover will cover up fall and winter polygons that are created manually.

awesome website (windy.com)  thanks a lot !

WAT1460.png

Will Live mode recognise the current ground state? In other words, if it's snowing in real world, it will switch to snowy ground textures, and vice versa?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

For time zones we need time fixer, for real seasons we need season manager, for better visuals we need PTA or similar, for weather we need weather program... really don't understand P3D development logic

• Like 1

Artur 

3 hours ago, Pe11e said:

Will Live mode recognise the current ground state? In other words, if it's snowing in real world, it will switch to snowy ground textures, and vice versa?

No. But the sim should, at least my installation of P3d 4.5 does. If it is snowing based on the weather add-on, the ground turns white in patches and quite realistically (assuming that there is bare ground to start with). All Season Manager does is modify the underlying landclass textures and autogen vegetation to match on the real life conditions (spring, summer, fall, winter and hard winter).

5 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

For time zones we need time fixer, for real seasons we need season manager, for better visuals we need PTA or similar, for weather we need weather program... really don't understand P3D development logic

It's called catering to the 3rd party developer community. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

No. But the sim should, at least my installation of P3d 4.5 does. If it is snowing based on the weather add-on, the ground turns white in patches and quite realistically (assuming that there is bare ground to start with). All Season Manager does is modify the underlying landclass textures and autogen vegetation to match on the real life conditions (spring, summer, fall, winter and hard winter).

okay, but it doesn't have to be snowing in order to have a snow covered landscape in winter, rihgt... how does this "live mode" work when IRL it has let's say snowed for 3 days and then it's clear skies again (but the snow just lays). or when it stops snowing mid-flight, will the textures suddenly change in live-mode? ... 

4 hours ago, Pe11e said:

As I suppose they use this map for cover textures by snow:

https://simelite.com/seasonmap/

Its updated every day so I agree, this soft looks interesting.

Second question from me its runway and winter efects - if we have "fake" autumn textures (done by this soft) in "hard winter" period in P3D - does we see winter effect on runway and snowy textures on runway?

Here is example winter runway: 

139121_APTgraphics1.jpg

or they are changed (+effects) for autumn textures too (if I use for example REX textures).

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I tested the program. In manual mode it works fine.

But currently the live weather mode seems bugged. I have huge chunks of snow textures in areas where the windy map, their own coverage map and the look outside of my window shows no snow at all. 😉

How is this Simsolutions Super Season Manager supposed to work? By shuffling around textures until they match what the developer thinks is the "right" season?

and yet another subscription service? Man, these subscriptions are sucking you dry like you're a permanent guest at Count Dracula's castle.

....maybe just fly less and leave your word not allowed PMDG 747 in the hangar for at least one day in the week! HOW DARE YOU!!!

BTW is there a free alternative? Simsolutions are a prime example on how capitalism still makes profit out of climate change....

Edited by Soulflight

I don't get it, just set med Nov. Job done. Until we get out of "hard winter"

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I don't get it, just set med Nov. Job done. Until we get out of "hard winter"

You obviously don't get it. Ephemeris and moon phase is a thing. There are those of us who care about it being correct. And that will only work if you pick the current date.

Not to mention that they advertise this with depicting the current correct snow cover at time of date. And since that changes day by day...

Edited by Farlis
  • Upvote 1