Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Freight hauling in the Queen, iFly style

I only painted a few iFly passenger 747s (most of which @P_7878 showcased in previous posts...thank you!) 

However... sadly, iFly's marketing methodology leaves many simmers on previous platforms oblivious to all the great planes they have for FSX and even FS2004!!!

I'd love to paint for all platforms, but just painting for one is hard enough....LoL.

I moved to P3D long ago...and have really painted exclusively in that sim ever since.   Not even sure how many even know that iFly came out with a 747BCF model for P3d a while back and asked me to help paint a "few" liveries....hehe.....well...."few" is a relative term as you know...and when the smoke cleared...here are the "few" freighters I painted for their excellent model:

auui8z.jpg

When discussing how many default paints to include with the package, iFly mentioned that 3-4 should be enough and the painting community would pick up more after release.

Between Brian Thibodeaux, Maxime Konareff and William Musculus, we managed to paint 20 of them before the beta team was finished testing and the final version was ready for release. 🙂

I hope one day everyone can make the hop to P3d (or maybe you're all waiting for FS2020....).  either way...you have a lot of Freighters at your disposal if that ever happens. 😉  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

50 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I only painted a few iFly passenger 747s (most of which @P_7878 showcased in previous posts...thank you!) 

However... sadly, iFly's marketing methodology leaves many simmers on previous platforms oblivious to all the great planes they have for FSX and even FS2004!!!

I'd love to paint for all platforms, but just painting for one is hard enough....LoL.

I moved to P3D long ago...and have really painted exclusively in that sim ever since.   Not even sure how many even know that iFly came out with a 747BCF model for P3d a while back and asked me to help paint a "few" liveries....hehe.....well...."few" is a relative term as you know...and when the smoke cleared...here are the "few" freighters I painted for their excellent model:

When discussing how many default paints to include with the package, iFly mentioned that 3-4 should be enough and the painting community would pick up more after release.

Between Brian Thibodeaux, Maxime Konareff and William Musculus, we managed to paint 20 of them before the beta team was finished testing and the final version was ready for release. 🙂

I hope one day everyone can make the hop to P3d (or maybe you're all waiting for FS2020....).  either way...you have a lot of Freighters at your disposal if that ever happens. 😉  

Did you even get around to releasing that white JAL?

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

18 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Did you even get around to releasing that white JAL?

Honestly can't remember......old age ya' know 😉

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve (and Brian):

Frankly, such (magnificent) liveries, as shown above, for e.g. the BCF variant, here, add so much to the hobby....! BTW, I did view, just now, the iFly Forum images of the same repaints (Topic: [Released] Coming soon to Prepar3D v4)...by you folks...the full (large-size) images, there, look nothing short of "stunning"...!

And, the due credit, is noted, there, of course, for you, Maxime, and Brian! Great stuff really...(and, totally, understood, for P3Dv4 only...no issue at all...🙂...as long as some folks enjoy them...)

I was a "camper" on their 737 Forum, when they brought out the NG...was exciting times...feels like ages, but, I've not been there since many moons ago (except a few recent visits to their Library to capture some repaints).....

Thanks again!!

Like you Steve I am very keen on 747 freighters.  I am also a big fan of the IFLY 747 ......but...

I am still in love with FS9.x and prefer to use the far more fps friendly POSKY model with the IFLY FDE/systems. 

My latest paints...and there will be more to come. 😁

49193060542_ea60c582cb_o.jpg

49277830831_27d5da25c1_o.jpg

49407686796_c4bb6f9fc2_o.jpg

Edited by edetroit
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Beautiful pictures, Ed! I see that both of you love "KALITTA"!

Huge Kalitta fan.....especially the 742s. Also a  massive fan of different cockpit configurations (don't think any aircraft beats the 747 classic for different cockpit configs) I have actually been in the cockpit of a real Kalitta 747-200 and of course was smitten by their cockpit config.😎

Edit.... here's a rare one. Kalitta 742 with Penny and Giles style engine gauges.

29962521601_f738910736_o.jpg

Edited by edetroit
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, edetroit said:

Like you Steve I am very keen on 747 freighters.  I am also a big fan of the IFLY 747 ......but...

I am still in love with FS9.x and prefer to use the far more fps friendly POSKY model with the IFLY FDE/systems. 

My latest paints...and there will be more to come. 😁

Hey Ed...

Watched your vid on your trip with the yellow tail and are constantly stunned by what you can still do with FS9!!!!!!

One day (really)....I'm going to devote more time to flying than painting...and will try to fly as realistically as you do in your vids.

Of course....if our developers would stop giving us "yellow" planes to paint (I'm somehow attracted to the color on an aircraft for some reason)

bGAtsp.jpg

rWu5cR.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Steve (and Brian):

Frankly, such (magnificent) liveries, as shown above, for e.g. the BCF variant, here, add so much to the hobby....! BTW, I did view, just now, the iFly Forum images of the same repaints (Topic: [Released] Coming soon to Prepar3D v4)...by you folks...the full (large-size) images, there, look nothing short of "stunning"...!

And, the due credit, is noted, there, of course, for you, Maxime, and Brian! Great stuff really...(and, totally, understood, for P3Dv4 only...no issue at all...🙂...as long as some folks enjoy them...)

I was a "camper" on their 737 Forum, when they brought out the NG...was exciting times...feels like ages, but, I've not been there since many moons ago (except a few recent visits to their Library to capture some repaints).....

Thanks again!!

Thanks!

Brian and I have painted on a few projects together, and we collaborate well (when he's not off flying real 747's off to some distant Asian city). 🙂 

Maxime is a legend over at the iFly camp and has painted more planes than I can count!

It's fun to paint aircraft from different developers (except Carenado 🤢) to see how different modelers designed their texture map layout.  I can't really say which I prefer...they are all very good...but have very different philosophies on how to project the fuse onto the maps...it keeps painter's challenged to say the least, hehe.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

20 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Ed...

Watched your vid on your trip with the yellow tail and are constantly stunned by what you can still do with FS9!!!!!!

I am definitely not done with FS9. 

22 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

One day (really)....I'm going to devote more time to flying than painting...and will try to fly as realistically as you do in your vids.

I have had to learn about all aspects of my favourite sim to make it how I want it. Painting/modelling/FDE/Sound/Effects/FSATC coding/Panel/Gauges etc etc.....and now scenery design. It is a wonder there is any time to fly at all. But flying is what I do it all for so I make sure I get flying time in between it all.

29 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Of course....if our developers would stop giving us "yellow" planes to paint (I'm somehow attracted to the color on an aircraft for some reason)

Great work Steve. I want to get the DHL A300 done myself......but my paintshop queue is ridiculous! 

Hey Ed:

The 742 [VC] looks really nice (especially to know it’s from an actual Kalitta)...BTW, I was wondering how do you get up-close visits to such kind of flight-decks...Are these preserved or still operative planes...(there used to be times, a long while ago, pilots would just smile back when, I steal a glance at the PFD/ND of the 737 or 320, while boarding, but times have changed, of course)...

And, Steve:

Both “Yellows” (above) look nice, should be fun to take to the (virtual) sky...!

2 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Steve, is the bottom ' Yellow' for AS's latest A330?

it certainly is....already over in the AS download section if you're interested. 😉

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

it certainly is....already over in the AS download section if you're interested. 😉

Thanks, fab work, as usual