Sign in to follow this  
b737800

ALPHA (fka Tech Alpha 2) Invite Emails

6 minutes ago, teflocarbon said:

Not showing for my either however I got the email.

You'll be able to download it soon enough. Happened before, let them sort everything out on their end

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I'm just wondering for those who have been chosen. Have you played FSXSE since they updated with the new telemetry data?

2 hours ago, poplar said:

I agree, the hub isn't intuative. Click on the actual "Insider Content" button on the left, this

Thanks, I figured that's where I should go and it says I have 3 notifications/unread messages/whatever that is. For not having done anything with the hub before, it seems weird.

In the last hour or so there is a new announcement about ALPHA in the forum section on flightsimulator.com

I believe it should be visible to all (if you've registered in the forum).

2 minutes ago, b737800 said:

In the last hour or so there is a new announcement about ALPHA in the forum section on flightsimulator.com

I believe it should be visible to all (if you've registered in the forum).

This is the announcement I'm seeing as a registered user.

As we are moving towards the release window for the Alpha build (formerly known as Tech Alpha 2), we are working on some changes that will affect your access to the build.

Access to current build

The sim will be unavailable for the duration of the maintenance. We will update this thread once the maintenance is over.

Alpha build - Full reinstall needed

Please be aware that to install the Alpha build, you are required to uninstall Tech Alpha fully.

Please uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator Technical Alpha

How to uninstall the app

• Search “Flight simulator” in the search bar.
  • Select “Uninstall” in the app menu

Uninstall

Once the maintenance is over you will be required to install Alpha build from the Microsoft Store via the Xbox Insider Hub.

Thank you for your continued support and your patience. We are looking forward to releasing the new build to everyone!

This was posted 4  hrs ago 🙂

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

So..... Here is the thing.  I have access to the forums with all the tech alpha conversations etc.  However never received an email.  I guess only time will tell if I am in or not.  Guess I have to wait to see if the alpha shows up in my Xbox insider app.  Crossing fingers.

31 minutes ago, Dirtysouth09 said:

So..... Here is the thing.  I have access to the forums with all the tech alpha conversations etc.  However never received an email.  I guess only time will tell if I am in or not.  Guess I have to wait to see if the alpha shows up in my Xbox insider app.  Crossing fingers.

Huh, that’s interesting. So you can see topics in the forum which theoretically are covered by the NDA, but you’ve never had an email as far as you know and you don’t have access to the software, right? 

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

This is the announcement I'm seeing as a registered user.

I hope I am wrong, but for those of us who missed TA1 and also end up missing the upcoming Alpha, when they say “looking forward to releasing the new build to everyone” they most probably only mean those who have been accepted. They likely don’t mean “everyone” to include just regular, registered Insiders who are not yet part of TA1 or Alpha, even although regular Insiders can view this forum update, which is a bit odd 😞

Edited by poplar
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, poplar said:

I hope I am wrong, but for those of us who missed TA1 and also end up missing the upcoming Alpha, when they say “looking forward to releasing the new build to everyone” they most probably only mean those who have been accepted. They likely don’t mean “everyone” to include just regular, registered Insiders who are not yet part of TA1 or Alpha, even although regular Insiders can view this forum update, which is a bit odd 😞

That's what I could infer as well, though making it visible to everyone registered in the forum is going to mislead lots of people (since it also matches a statement in the FAQ). Hopefully they will take this down from public view.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

That's what I could infer as well, though making it visible to everyone registered in the forum is going to mislead lots of people (since it also matches a statement in the FAQ). Hopefully they will take this down from public view.

Totally agree. Its amazing how public facing forum posts like this manage to provoke the hype. I'm totally hyped and equally totally disappointed to not have been accepted for TA1 or Alpha (yet). Nonetheless, what an outstanding job Asobo Studio have done to date, regardless of being accepted, I've never been more optimistic. I think you can be hyped, disappointed and optimistic all in one go, what a rollercoaster. 😁

Edited by poplar
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I decided to install the Xbox Insider Hub and it seems to be working fine, though the UI is a bit confusing. Where can I check which account is currently logged in, and where would I look for the alpha test?

Speaking of this, I have been unable to run this app for quite a while now; I get an error message each time, and have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. Anyone else have this issue, and if so how did you resolve it?

Ken

2 minutes ago, BaronKen said:

Speaking of this, I have been unable to run this app for quite a while now; I get an error message each time, and have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. Anyone else have this issue, and if so how did you resolve it?

My app has been stable for a few years, never had a problem. Maybe you could try installing it on a fresh build of Windows 10 in a VM or another PC? Microsoft are apparently aware of issues with the current version and are developing a new version.