Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 6th-ish, 2020 – Development Update

8 hours ago, mSparks said:

Please note, the "fine" refers to the size of the windows, and general placement of default roads and buildings.

OK. I have a different perception of how default roads or default scenery in general look in X-Plane. But I see you are deeply invested, so I can understand why you perceive it your own way.

Anyhow. Do you think it is possible to stop with those ridiculous comparisons, as it only causes emotions to boil up. Neither does it stop people from switiching to MSFS nor does it help your reputation. You could use your knowledge far more effectively and become a valuable member of the community.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

4 hours ago, tweekz said:

Do you think it is possible to stop with those ridiculous comparisons

As long as people want to claim there is no other sim with decent default global scenery and downloadable orthophoto and that microsoft suddenly discovered that current generation computers are capable of much better graphics rendering for the whole world than any body - even the likes of epic games or bandai namco  knew.

Ill continue to point out to them they are wrong.

I have a different perception of how default roads or default scenery in general look in X-Plane.

one ortho at 10000 feet looks almost identical to any other ortho at 10000 feet. You can already buy better if you are one to notice the difference.

xp default roads and autogen were mostly perfected middle of last year.

If your machine isnt capable of drawing them doesnt matter who makes the software to draw them. quality will be as high as your hardware can handle.

Also msfs2020 and xplane are not competitors.

One is a console game aimed at the entertainment market with a huge marketing budget they can use to pay off youtube reviewers, one is a serious simulation aimed at professionals which is otherwise in the unique position to be able to offer a cheap licence for entertainment, but otherwise has virtually no marketing budget. People will stop buying FSX and its derivatives, nothing much else will change.

Neither does it stop people from switiching to MSFS nor does it help your reputation.

Dont really care about either. Never really was the popular kid, they liked football and skipping school, i liked motorsport, helicopters, computers and engineering. 

If people want to fall out with me and stick their fingers in their ears yelling "lalalala i cant hear you" when I tell them their gtx1050 graphics card with a 4 core cpu will not handle the same settings in a new game as an rtx2080ti on a 32 core cpu.

Well, lets just say I wish this forum would let me express laughter more easily.

I was hated on from day one for saying no headset no deal.

I would rather Asobo were spending the time fixing that massive challenge than getting basic details like the size of windows or the heights of trees in central park completely wrong - Barely dare mention those are what we know about from their hand picked best samples. Its a very big world.

What has been announced so far doesn't include minimum specs. I expect the minimum recommended specs to be equivalent to xbox2020. i.e. looking like 32 core zen 2, 32GB ram and the AMD equivalent to an RTX3070. Subject to confirmation.

If people also want to hate on me for thinking that, well, they are free to do so. Time will tell. Like most things, at least I'll be the one happy to be wrong.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

3 hours ago, tweekz said:

Anyhow. Do you think it is possible to stop with those ridiculous comparisons, as it only causes emotions to boil up. Neither does it stop people from switiching to MSFS nor does it help your reputation. You could use your knowledge far more effectively and become a valuable member of the community.

I don't think that is his intention, at least his repeated behavior does not suggest so.

I've flown in GA aircraft at night over heavily populated areas, and I personally think the night shot by Microsoft looks fantastic and very realistic.  I'm not going to be counting windows while I'm flying in the sim, what matters to me is the overall feel and look of the scene.  The brightness looks right, the light coverage looks great, the light reflecting on the cloud bottoms is stupendous.  And no sim today can match that overall feeling the MS shot projects, even with DLC installed.

But hey it's good we will have several different sims to choose from later this year, the people who think the other sims look better than MFS will still be happy too.  The fake news and falsehoods need to stop though, because the brashness of it all is disrupting what should be solid conversation, and THAT is what I think his ultimate goal truly is: disruption.  It is not appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, Mengy said:

I don't think that is his intention, at least his repeated behavior does not suggest so.

I've flown in GA aircraft at night over heavily populated areas, and I personally think the night shot by Microsoft looks fantastic and very realistic.  I'm not going to be counting windows while I'm flying in the sim, what matters to me is the overall feel and look of the scene.  The brightness looks right, the light coverage looks great, the light reflecting on the cloud bottoms is stupendous.  And no sim today can match that overall feeling the MS shot projects, even with DLC installed.

But hey it's good we will have several different sims to choose from later this year, the people who think the other sims look better than MFS will still be happy too.  The fake news and falsehoods need to stop though, because the brashness of it all is disrupting what should be solid conversation, and THAT is what I think his ultimate goal truly is: disruption.  It is not appreciated.

From the little night flying I have witnessed (not a pilot) it looks very good. The best I’ve seen so far in a flight sim. I don’t buy or install addons though so I can’t speak of whether there is an appreciable difference between the sims with addons installed. Costs me more than enough just for the hardware , so getting a stellar default experience is an absolute godsend. 

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

One is a console game aimed at the entertainment market with a huge marketing budget they can use to pay off youtube reviewers,

Huh.... The new sim, FS2020 is not a "console game". It's primarily designed for the PC AND later console as a serious SIMULATION.  If it was PRIMARILY designed for console, then that is the FIRST platform it would have been developed for and released on as an Alpha.

And you are claiming Microsoft are paying off YouTube reviewers? Really? That's quite a serious accusation, one for which you need definitive evidence. Do yuo have any?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

One is a console game aimed at the entertainment market with a huge marketing budget they can use to pay off youtube reviewers, one is a serious simulation aimed at professionals which is otherwise in the unique position to be able to offer a cheap licence for entertainment, but otherwise has virtually no marketing budget. People will stop buying FSX and its derivatives, nothing much else will change.

Absolutely disagree with that.

As for the "professional simulation". Have you ever tried a forward slip in the default Cessna?

Also, what is "professional" about sudden wind changes out of the blue?

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

He's a troll who makes blatantly false statements about MSFS to get a rise out of people. Just ignore him. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Casualcas said:

I do, I wish others would stop quoting him. He's on my ignore list.

I'm sorry. But sometimes (rare but still) he makes reasonable statements.

Like the observations with the windows.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

You can do nothing more, either counter-argue ad infinitum and without any result, or go back to the concrete and be moderated. in short it will continue, either ignore or accept to read things that many here consider as nonsense.

At least he doesn't have access to the private part of the alpha forum, I'm not allowed to say anything concrete, but in this private forum, everything is much more argued and constructed. 

It's one of my main joys, to be able to take part in conversations on this simulator in a peaceful place.

The fun part will be at the release. It'll even be entertaining. Because many, including in the "pro" world, will take part in this new simulator, full of videos will flood the web... and all nosence will become minor things.

So I tell you what, I'll see you in a year.

In the meantime, I'll follow the moderators' recommendations. I'm not going to say that I agree 100%, but it's either that choice or the way out.

The worst part of all this is that I haven't seen in this space anyone openly criticizing the other simulators.

Edited by azulkb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, azulkb said:

It's one of my main joys, to be able to take part in conversations on this simulator in a peaceful place.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I'm most salty about not getting into alpha.  I really wanted to be part of the great knowledgeable discussions which must be going on right now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

As a newcomer here it's really strange how he's allowed to get away with it.

Thank the mods for that.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

6 hours ago, mSparks said:

What has been announced so far doesn't include minimum specs. I expect the minimum recommended specs to be equivalent to xbox2020. i.e. looking like 32 core zen 2, 32GB ram and the AMD equivalent to an RTX3070. Subject to confirmation.

The Xbox Series X will have an octa-core Zen 2 CPU, which has been confirmed by Microsoft, and you have no idea how much RAM it will have, what GPU it will have, and how much performance the RTX 3070 will pack. I sincerely doubt you know anything more on those matters than the general public does.

Those will not be the minimum requirements for the game. Users with 8GB and 16GB of RAM have been invited to the Alpha. A developer said that it runs fine on a GTX 1060 at 1080p. And at no point was it said that it will be exclusive to the newest Xbox. It is being brought to the Xbox One family. This is a Microsoft statement.

And no, it was said from the very first development update that it will not be a console game. And it is hardly derivative of Flight Simulator X, considering that most parts have been like totally overhauled or replaced.

And you're wondering why you're getting hate.

• Like 1