Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

MSFS2020 Unable to Login

same here cant log in at all just brings me back to the main page .

Image removed as image is no longer available.

1 hour ago, rtodepart said:

same here cant log in at all just brings me back to the main page .

Hi, I contacted MS support and they reply to me. They ask me to clear my browser cashe, I did, I tried to log in but still not. Still shows, Welcome visitor.

Can not see the forum categories, can not do anything as you see in the images.

Any news?

Same here ....     autherror=xbla_invalid

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

There was a thread about it here 

but it was locked because "this isn't the place to talk about it".

38 minutes ago, b737800 said:

There was a thread about it here 

but it was locked because "this isn't the place to talk about it".

Tried everything with no success. Even I’m In Alpha program, can not either see any categories in forum. I’m logged in but nothing to do in forum

I can access the site, the login takes a couple of second and doesn't ask to validate anymore name et password. Then I am on a page where I see the Feb. 6th with all the goodies but also says that I am a visitor with a button to hit "insiders login" ! Hitting the button brings me back to the same page (___.flightsimulator.com/?autherror=xbla_invalid).

This site is utterly confusing, this is ludicrous  ! How can they convince people to buy a connected software when they cannot even manage a simple promotional site 😏?

PS not a tester, your average Joe

Edited by domkle
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, domkle said:

This site is utterly confusing, this is ludicrous  ! How can they convince people to buy a connected software when they cannot even manage a simple promotional site 😏

That's one of the reasons why it's a good thing that Asobo and not Microsoft is developing the new sim!

13 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

That's one of the reasons why it's a good thing that Asobo and not Microsoft is developing the new sim!

Except that the actual operations (streaming etc)  will be managed by MS ... This site is a wart in an otherwise superb promotional campaign.

The separation between an Insider section optically restricted (everybody can register !) and a general public section didn’t make sense to begin with and is horribly organized. Common sense would dictate one site open to all and a restricted forum for testers. 

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

This is what fixes it for me (although the issue does reappear at some later point). Using Google Chrome browser as an example.

1.) Close ALL instances of Chrome browser.

2.) Open Chrome and visit live.com

3.) If you are logged in to the site it takes you to, log out.

4.) Revisit live.com and clear ALL cookies that are used on that site. To do this, click the padlock icon next to the URL bar, then select Cookies, then click Remove until there is NOTHING left.

5.) Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 for bing.com (this is a belts and braces step.. you should not need to do it).

6.) In Chrome, go to flightsimulator.com

7.) Clear ALL cookies that are in use for this site using the same procedure as in step 4. Note that you will be clearing ALL cookies that are shown, even if the domain for that cookie is not flightsimilator.com.

8.) Close ALL instances of Google Chrome.

9.) Open Google Chrome again and navigate to flightsimulator.com

10.) Click the Insider Login link (you should be able to click the user icon to the right of this, but I've only tested clicking the insider login link).

11.) If all is OK you SHOULD be taken to a generic Microsoft login page. Enter your email address and click the button. Enter your password. For me, this now logs me in successfully to the insider pages.

7 minutes ago, b737800 said:

This is what fixes it for me (although the issue does reappear at some later point). Using Google Chrome browser as an example.

4.) Revisit live.com and clear ALL cookies that are used on that site. To do this, click the padlock icon next to the URL bar, then select Cookies, then click Remove until there is NOTHING left.

5.) Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 for bing.com (this is a belts and braces step.. you should not need to do it).

7.) Clear ALL cookies that are in use for this site using the same procedure as in step 4. Note that you will be clearing ALL cookies that are shown, even if the domain for that cookie is not flightsimilator.com.

10.) Click the Insider Login link (you should be able to click the user icon to the right of this, but I've only tested clicking the insider login link).

11.) If all is OK you SHOULD be taken to a generic Microsoft login page. Enter your email address and click the button. Enter your password. For me, this now logs me in successfully to the insider pages.

But It only works if you stand on one leg only.

• Like 1

Dominique

32 minutes ago, b737800 said:

Yeah that didn't work for me and I've had the issue for a while. 

I was told that its been stopped for people who aren't part of any testing branch.

Jack Cannon

4 minutes ago, Jcannon said:

Yeah that didn't work for me and I've had the issue for a while. 

I was told that its been stopped for people who aren't part of any testing branch.

Ouch. Take some solace in that there is nothing new in the insider area.