Sign in to follow this  
curt1

Microsoft - thank you for listening

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 6:04 AM, JonP01 said:

There are after all so many aircraft out there and by sheer numbers the vast majority of them will not be in the sim.

I think they're still be room for scenery developers, but I think any weather addons will be in deep trouble, after looking at what Microsoft has done with their weather engine. 

Edited by n4gix
REMOVED EXCESSIVE QUOTE!!! Please stop quoting the entire post you are replying to!

Not only that one: ATC, AI, Sounds, Traffic, are product areas that can be impacted. They are going to have to push the limits of what Asobo did to make worthy the purchase. I'm very happy seeing what Asobo is showing so far. They will definitely force those teams to go the extra mile if they want the money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beru said:

They will definitely force those teams to go the extra mile if they want the money.

My fear ? Do you want to know? 

If third party try to only enhance one particular portion of a feature, it could break something else, as so much is integrated and included in the SIM. 

And I'm all for integration

• Like 1

It's German, but maybe anyone could understand this. And this is, how Microsoft works with us.

Shame!

Microsoft is not a beginner in this business and it is also legitimizes to use all strategies and psycho tricks to keep the hype going on as long as possible!
For example, I didn't register in the Alphas because my English is not the best! So, for people who think they are not "important" enough for the simulator . . . stay calm, play your P3d, XP, FSX or whatever and see a bit later if the simulator is good enough for you or not!

2 hours ago, Deleted said:

It's German, but maybe anyone could understand this. And this is, how Microsoft works with us.

Shame!

What a waste of time! Don't know what's a shame in your opinion. MS or the guy who made this video? 

Does this guy even know what an alpha version is?  A useless apples vs oranges comparison IMO.

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 2

Shame!

I disagree completely. I find the marketing MS does appropriate. They have invested for several years into the product and I find it fully justified they are marketing it now. This applies even more if I compare the MS marketing to the marketing (or lacking of) of other flightsim makers. Flight Simming has been hidden in an extreme elitist niche for years and needs any attention it can reach, notably by new users (which the author rejects as being "caught" by the MSFS shots and videos). 

Moreover, he seems to have a misconception about the alpha testers being given an "exclusive pre-access to the game". Obviously, he has a bad idea about alpha testing or testing in general which is more work than fun. And I know what I am talking about. Besides, around 6000 testers (that's the present estimate) are not "very few". MS has enlarged the group several times and as I understand is going to further enlarge it in the future. And while testers are forbidden by NDA not only to show shots and videos but also to speak about it (another detail he got wrong), I am sure there would have been an outcry among the testers if the sim would be really bad, despite all NDA.

Sorry, I am rather under the impression the author is proud of the knowledge he acquired during his marketing classes and wants to impress us.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 7

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

Sorry, I am rather under the impression the author is proud of the knowledge he acquired during his marketing classes and wants to impress us.

Kind regards, Michael

Just like everyone is a Dr. After taking Psych 101

• Like 1

One thing that the insider not public forum shows people that joined in February are now in the insider Tech Alpha  which stood at 26,000 in early FEB now grown to 35,082, and still growing.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

One thing that the insider not public forum shows people that joined in February are now in the insider Tech Alpha  which stood at 26,000 in early FEB now grown to 35,082, and still growing.

And I joined back when it opened up originally and still not in. But I can wait 

• Like 1

It's German,

I do not understand the language/video, but why are they showing x-plane and p3d gameplay?

2 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

And I joined back when it opened up originally and still not in. But I can wait 

Most are not Tech Alpha testers but MS will include every body so 2021 looks more like it.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

45 minutes ago, KERNEL32 said:

I do not understand the language/video, but why are they showing x-plane and p3d gameplay?

He has already asked MS if he can use MSFS videos for his videos. But he never received an answer.

He's incredibly afraid of copyrights. He doesn't want to be sued.

1 hour ago, Deleted said:

He has already asked MS if he can use MSFS videos for his videos. But he never received an answer.

He's incredibly afraid of copyrights. He doesn't want to be sued.

He won't get sued, just tarred, feathered and head put on a spike on the tower bridge.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, pmb said:

I fully concur with you, Michael! As my late father used to say "If you can't dazzle folks with your brilliance, buffalo them with bovine fecal material...

I just say that "Some people are more full of buffalo cookies than a cow pasture..." :laugh:

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator