Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Microsoft Flight Sim Alpha Photo's

9 minutes ago, HughesMDflyer4 said:

Considering the giant watermark across the entire game, I doubt testers would much enjoy having even more text on their screen that doesn't benefit them or Asobo at all.

I wasn't talking about any extra information being on their screen, any additional info would be standard text either above or below the published picture or even incorporated into the filename.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

9 minutes ago, eaim said:

I wasn't talking about any extra information being on their screen, any additional info would be standard text either above or below the published picture or even incorporated into the filename.

That information (build number and lat/lon) still has to come from somewhere. If there isn't a built in screenshot feature, it's entirely up to the user to label every single screenshot they post, which definitely isn't happening. Even if there was a screenshot feature that embedded the data, some users would likely choose to use their own utilities anyway. At that point, I just can't see the effort to implement such a feature and enforce its use being worth it to the team.

Brandon Filer

13 minutes ago, HughesMDflyer4 said:

That information (build number and lat/lon) still has to come from somewhere. If there isn't a built in screenshot feature, it's entirely up to the user to label every single screenshot they post, which definitely isn't happening. Even if there was a screenshot feature that embedded the data, some users would likely choose to use their own utilities anyway. At that point, I just can't see the effort to implement such a feature and enforce its use being worth it to the team.

It could be achieved with a couple of lines of code If that. You’d be outputting a string that contains three variables, the version # and the lat/long. I doubt that those variables don’t already exist. 

21 minutes ago, HughesMDflyer4 said:

. Even if there was a screenshot feature that embedded the data, some users would likely choose to use their own utilities anyway.

They don't need to enforce it.  They could just only use pictures that have it.  But chances are most would if it was part of a built in photo mode.  And they really need a built in photo mode, so people can use filters, adjust depth of field, etc.  So most pics would have it, even if they randomly picked pics.

But for Alpha, not having Version or position are not big deals to me.

13 minutes ago, Anthracite said:

It could be achieved with a couple of lines of code If that. You’d be outputting a string that contains three variables, the version # and the lat/long. I doubt that those variables don’t already exist. 

I know what's involved in implementing it, my point is it's useless unless the testers actually use it instead of other third party tools/the print screen button, AND the community knows where to find the data, which most wouldn't.

2 minutes ago, GlideBy said:

They don't need to enforce it.  They could just only use pictures that have it.  But chances are most would if it was part of a built in photo mode.  And they really need a built in photo mode, so people can use filters, adjust depth of field, etc.  So most pics would have it, even if they randomly picked pics.

But for Alpha, not having Version or position are not big deals to me.

IMO it would be kind of a shame not to show a screenshot just because location/build information isn't embedded. Hell, it's easy enough to track down the locations of many of the shots they've shown anyway. That said, a photo mode with the features you mention would really be great, as lots of games are getting them nowadays. Would be nice to see them take it a step further and implement functionality similar to FSRecorder so that you can rewind/save flights and take screenshots/videos after your flight.

Brandon Filer

1) Appending a version to the corner of the screen wouldn't be a big deal.  Don't know why anyone is pretending it would be overly obtrusive.

2) However, I suspect it's unnecessary for feedback purposes.  For one, I doubt they post these images looking for feedback in the first place.  For two, I suspect anything we would notice has already been discussed to death on their insider forums, where they actually are seeking feedback from people who are actually using the sim.

I'll bet even the "Oversized Grass and Runway Undulation Wars of 2020" have been fought on the insider forums.

Why is the build number relevant at this point?  I guess it is another level of curiosity.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

2 hours ago, 188AHC said:

Why is the build number relevant at this point?

We are reporting or talking about issues we see in photos, or videos.  If we have a version number, we know that all photos/videos with that same version number should have the same issues.  If they don't have the same issues, then that tells us it doesn't always happen, and we can try to see why.  And later on, when we see new version numbers, we can see if the issue is still there.

This is all based on the idea that Asobo wants feedback from the community.  I assume it makes it easier to track on their end as well.

• Upvote 2

It has pro and cons. 

PRO

It's for us to stop whining about things that may have been fixed from a previous version, based on Asobo's priorities.

CON

it will be an excuse for us to whine they haven't fixed something from a previous version because of Asobo's priorities. 

At this point now, I really dont care. I'll get it when it comes out. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1