Sign in to follow this  
Graeme Wright

simMarket : 1 Giveaway, 1 Day, Every Day

This looks kind of interesting. If I'm reading it right, it suggests that there will ongoing giveaways each day in April.

I'm just hoping it's not a poor idea for an April fools joke. You can't mess with flight simmers and sales, not even on April 1st.

The shop simMarket has just announced the launch of a new campaign that will start next month, on April 01st : “1 Giveaway, 1 Day, Every Day.” .
They will make FREE for 24 hours only the following products on that exact day :
SIM SKUNK WORKS – FIAT/AERITALIA G91 A/R/PAN, both versions for P3D v4.3+ and for FSX.
  • Like 4

Hehe, yeah. Probably right up until the landslide of simmers hit the website in a frenzy refreshes looking for free items, and bring it down. It'll be right then that you see the original idea person shrinking down into their seat, as the infuriated web master begins looking around for who caused the denial of service 🤣

• Like 1

Downloaded and installed, but it will not email me a key. The textures are dark. Does not work...anyone find a way around this?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

1 hour ago, flyblueskies said:

Downloaded and installed, but it will not email me a key. The textures are dark. Does not work...anyone find a way around this?

Found this on their website:

INFO ABOUT PRODUCTS ACTIVATIONS

Due to technical issues, our automatic key request embedded into our installers is currently not working.
If you experience a mail send error during installation please revert to our manual procedure shown below.
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience

MISSED OR FAILED REGISTRATION
In this case it is still possible to register the model manually
– Run the simulator and load at least once our model;
– Open the main FSX/P3D folder looking for a file which begins with sswks. and ends with .ssw (for those with file extension enabled), file name should be something like this:
sswks.your pc name.model name.ssw
Registration files are generated each time you load the airplane, send us that file at: info@simskunkworks.it together with your order number

• Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

You actually need to download the textures separately from their site too.  I think that's the same way with all their installers.  Simmarket provides the core files only.  Strange that there is no info about this on the site or even within the order.

You will also find VACMI and more files on their website.

Look under "Support", and then "How to".

http://94.177.167.28/public/simskunkworks/wp/

There is also some interesting info about this offer at Simmarket, and other offers, including keyless activations:

http://94.177.167.28/public/simskunkworks/wp/index.php/news/

For keyless activations:

3) removal of activation keys from our products, so that all our models will be activated by a simple installer available http://www.simskunkworks.it/files/SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.0.exe

Edited by scotth6
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

SIM SKUNK WORKS aircraft are exquisitely modelled, but they used to be very expensive, had horrific copy protection and not the most friendly customer support. The aircraft are ultra realistic and you have to start them properly, can't auto-start or hot-start which I prefer. I bought two or three on sales back in the FSX heydey, but only briefly used them and then abandoned as they caused me more frustration than enjoyment.

However, it looks like the company has had a complete change of heart and I look forward to try out their free offering to see if they made it any easier to use their aircraft. It looks like they dropped their prices significantly as well, and I will certainly support them again if they have become more customer-friendly.

• Upvote 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

1 hour ago, scotth6 said:

You actually need to download the textures separately from their site too.  I think that's the same way with all their installers.  Simmarket provides the core files only.  Strange that there is no info about this on the site or even within the order.

You will also find VACMI and more files on their website.

Look under "Support", and then "How to".

http://94.177.167.28/public/simskunkworks/wp/

There is also some interesting info about this offer at Simmarket, and other offers, including keyless activations:

http://94.177.167.28/public/simskunkworks/wp/index.php/news/

For keyless activations:

3) removal of activation keys from our products, so that all our models will be activated by a simple installer available http://www.simskunkworks.it/files/SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.0.exe

Thank you. I was able to download and install the textures. I also used the keyless installer link...seems to work.  However, the gear animation does not work...the yoke animation does not work, even though I can fly the plane.

It's amazing what some devs would go through to protect their "free" work. If a dev is going to give copies away, the least they can do is allow us to install it without any issues.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

34 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It's amazing what some devs would go through to protect their "free" work. If a dev is going to give copies away, the least they can do is allow us to install it without any issues.

It wasn't free originally. They were protecting their paid work originally. 

That it's now free is a benefit. Even if it means you have to jump through a few hoops to make it work. 

42 minutes ago, RoDuSu said:

It wasn't free originally. They were protecting their paid work originally. 

Got that! But, it's now free, even if it's for a day. They should make it easy to install. Having said all that, I have zero interest in these birds.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Got it. impressive aircraft. Mine however is running in demo mode. I've sent a message requesting a key as my installation give a message of no key present even though I've used the "no key" installer.

Does anyone know how to uninstall this? It does not show up in Programs and Features.

While I appreciate the great gesture, if it's not going to work I would like to remove it.

I thought about simply deleting the folders, but not sure if that's correct...