Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Size of Marshallers (Avatars)

Hi Bryan,

Just wondering if the size of the Marshallers can be made a bit bigger, they seem to be too small now compared to the size of the 737s

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

This maybe an issue with the marshaller's model itself...?..passing mic over to Bryan?

• Like 1

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, Manuel82 said:

This maybe an issue with the marshaller's model itself...?..passing mic over to Bryan?

As the marshaller's length is now, he looks like a midget when he issues the "stop" sign when I park the 737. I would say an upgrade from a size S to M or L would be great. 🙂

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

4 minutes ago, hvw said:

As the marshaller's length is now, he looks like a midget when he issues the "stop" sign when I park the 737. I would say an upgrade from a size S to M or L would be great.

I understand, this is more a 3D modeling issue, we might need our modeler to make adjustments to the marshaller's model, we will need Bryan's help on this one

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Manuel82 said:

I understand, this is more a 3D modeling issue, we might need our modeler to make adjustments to the marshaller's model, we will need Bryan's help on this one

Right Manuel, convince him that indeed size matters 🙂

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

That's one of those subjective things... if we make it bigger, someone will complain it's too big.

We'll look it for future updates, but I believe the current human models are the proper scale to what an average person would be.

Yes, right Bryan, but now when I want to see the marshaller in my 737 NGXu many times this guy is standing behind the terminal (where the terminal is close to the parking spot) where I can;t see him when I want to park the plane. Thus rendering the marshaller as worthless. When I set the marshaller at a shorter distance in the options, I will override the poor guy.

Edited by hvw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

1 hour ago, hvw said:

Yes, right Bryan, but now when I want to see the marshaller in my 737 NGXu many times this guy is standing behind the terminal (where the terminal is close to the parking spot) where I can;t see him when I want to park the plane. Thus rendering the marshaller as worthless. When I set the marshaller at a shorter distance in the options, I will override the poor guy.

You know if the marshaller is "inside" the building you can use the slider to adjust his position to deal with that potential issue.

Does that help?

Cheers,

Edited by byork

44 minutes ago, byork said:

You know if the marshaller is "inside" the building you can use the slider to adjust his position to deal with that potential issue.

Does that help?

Cheers,

Yes I know and no this doesn't help. When the marshaller is closer, at a closer distance to the plane, he disappears underneath the aircraft before the aircraft comes to a standstill at the designated parking spot. Enlarging the marshaller will (partly) solve this problem, perhaps the marshaller is not to scale then, but at least he can guide the aircraft into parking without getting the nose wheels over him. And a benefit of enlarging the marshaller also is, the target I am aiming at :), that the pilot can see him from within the cockpit in circumstances as previously described.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Or you put the marshaller on a stair or platform as seen on some airports ...

Usually at (passenger)gates there are light-systems that guide the aircraft into position.

1 hour ago, Headley said:

Or you put the marshaller on a stair or platform as seen on some airports ...

Usually at (passenger)gates there are light-systems that guide the aircraft into position.

Right, that indeed would be solving my problem at parking spots that are close to a terminal building. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

21 hours ago, byork said:

That's one of those subjective things... if we make it bigger, someone will complain it's too big.

We'll look it for future updates, but I believe the current human models are the proper scale to what an average person would be.

Bryan, why not make an option for users to choose between S, M and L?  Or as Headley said, put them on a stair or platform?

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

7 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

We could add them, we just need a model of a stairs

If I am not mistaken, one of your betatesters is working on an airport in Germany, EDDL/DUS I think.Perhaps he can provide you with a picture of a device that is suitable to function as a marshaller's stand/stair/platform.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe