Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

VOXATC and P3d V5

15 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I can't rember offhand what is the default value for the maximum number of controller responses. It might be two. It's possible that VOXATC is not understanding you at all and stops at two responses. 

I don't think that's the case.  After the second, I do get proper responses such as "readback correct" etc., and I don't ever get the "last aircraft say again" dialog...

But I still think it's not working 100% correctly.  I don't seem to have any airborne AI even though traffic seems to be populating the parking spots.

It was worth a shot, but I think I'll stop trying and wait for something official.

Is it working 100% for either of you?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Turn off voice control in P3d5. It's fighting with VOXATC for control of the microphone.

• Upvote 1

Hi

Voxatc indexer run is good with the below mklink operation. Thanks.

My MKlink execution :

mklink /J "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5"

mklink /J "C:\Users\lucastng\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" "C:\Users\lucastng\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5"

mklink /J "D:\Prepar3D v4" "E:\P3DV5"

I am having Voxatc error after voices initialization.

I have loaded a flightplan for the test flight.

Please help if anyone here have any clue of the error log below?

Log Start 04/27/2020 13:30:15

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.SetupDestinationMsa()
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Dispatcher.SetupUserFlightPlanLocationsForRecognizer()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Dispatcher.Run()

Edited by FastCheetah702
typo

That's an odd error. MSA in ATC lingo is usually minimum safe altitude. Let me think about this and get back to you. 

FastCheetah702,

First of all, are you using either a demo or licensed version of VOXATC 7.42?

My next question is are you trying to run P3d5 and VOXATC on a network computer? If so whatever network setup was used for P3d4 may not be working for using VOXATC and P3d5. You need to check that your legacy SimConnect files are installed correctly and the SimConnect configuration is correct.

If you aren't trying to run VOXATC across a network, then what I would suspect is that for some reason, VOXATC is not correctly finding the online global terrain elevation dataset that it uses. The VOXATC configuration file is VASettings.xml and is located here:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4

Open it in Notepad and change this line to "FALSE":

<TerrainServiceEnabled Value="TRUE" />

This disables VOXATC's use of the terrain web service. Make sure that you save a backup of the file before editing.

Jay

58 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

FastCheetah702,

First of all, are you using either a demo or licensed version of VOXATC 7.42?

My next question is are you trying to run P3d5 and VOXATC on a network computer? If so whatever network setup was used for P3d4 may not be working for using VOXATC and P3d5. You need to check that your legacy SimConnect files are installed correctly and the SimConnect configuration is correct.

If you aren't trying to run VOXATC across a network, then what I would suspect is that for some reason, VOXATC is not correctly finding the online global terrain elevation dataset that it uses. The VOXATC configuration file is VASettings.xml and is located here:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4

Open it in Notepad and change this line to "FALSE":

<TerrainServiceEnabled Value="TRUE" />

This disables VOXATC's use of the terrain web service. Make sure that you save a backup of the file before editing.

Jay

Hi Jay

I am not using network and its a licensed copy 7.42.

I tested <TerrainServiceEnabled Value="FALSE" /> but got the same error log as before.

I will maybe uninstall and reinstall to see if it works.

Thanks.

36 minutes ago, FastCheetah702 said:

Hi Jay

I am not using network and its a licensed copy 7.42.

I tested <TerrainServiceEnabled Value="FALSE" /> but got the same error log as before.

I will maybe uninstall and reinstall to see if it works.

Thanks.

No luck with the reinstallation of VoxAtc. So it got to be P3DV5 files.

Any idea how Voxatc read the flightplan?

2 minutes ago, FastCheetah702 said:

No luck with the reinstallation of VoxAtc. So it got to be P3DV5 files.

Any idea how Voxatc read the flightplan?

The departure and arrival airport ICAO codes and waypoints have to match the entries in the sim's database. Other than that it's straight forward. You said that you used a flightplan included with VOXATC. Tell me which one and I'll try to duplicate the error.

11 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The departure and arrival airport ICAO codes and waypoints have to match the entries in the sim's database. Other than that it's straight forward. You said that you used a flightplan included with VOXATC. Tell me which one and I'll try to duplicate the error.

I have tried this flightplan

VoxATC IFR Kansas City Intl to Minneapolis-St Paul Intl

On 4/25/2020 at 6:33 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

Turn off voice control in P3d5. It's fighting with VOXATC for control of the microphone.

Hi Jay,

This doesn't seem to solve the problem for me.  I have set these in prepar3d.cfg:

EnableVoiceControl=0
EnableVoiceControlDebug=0

I have also tried to set the voice input device to a null value or to another device not in use, which resulted in P3D resetting my cfg to defaults.

Is there another way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I don't have too many thoughts other than maybe LM changed how voice control works in V5 and no matter what you do, P3d5 is accessing the microphone. We'll have to see if this issue shows up in other P3d add-ons that access the mic. One thought is to look at the Win 10 Control Panel settings that govern exclusive use of the mic. Or maybe disable the default communication device.

To my knowledge, VOXATC calls the Win 10 speech features without using an intermediate app, so it isn't that complicated. For example, VOXATC uses FSUIPC to access weather conditions in the sim.  But VOXATC is a gauge, which means it's really a dynamic link library which is called by P3d. So VOXATC is pretty much at the mercy of its host. I have never used voice control in P3d, so I don't have a good idea on how it works, but I'll assume that it utilizes functions in the PDK. VC is used to control the sim ("open scenario", "make it rain", etc.) but I've never seen anything about it being used with the default ATC. I suppose you could say 1,2 or 3 for the various ATC dialog choices. Rob Ainscough might know more about this.

• Like 1

Does this work in v5 and it is still supported?

spacer.png

Thank you guys (I Apologise for not naming you all) - VOXATC is working great in P3Dv5 for me, Indexing & Panel Insertion include.👍

Went well with UGCX as they can use separate  ATC / Ground buttons,

Edited by Bill Bray

On 4/28/2020 at 12:03 AM, FastCheetah702 said:

I have tried this flightplan

VoxATC IFR Kansas City Intl to Minneapolis-St Paul Intl

I have done some testing by copying a scenery file  D:\P3DV4\Scenery\0903

and put it in my P3DV5 folder E:\P3DV5\Scenery\0903, after renaming the P3DV5 0903 to off so that voxatc will index the p3dv4 0903.

Voxatc no longer crash with the above. So it seems that P3Dv5 scenery file is different from p3dv4.

Replace all files in P3DV5/Scenery with those from V4 seems to work. Backup before you try it.

Note:

On and off I see the Fatal error msg but it seems to resolve itself as the next radio com comes in.

Note:

Along the flight route, no ai traffic spawn by voxatc. Something very different from when flying in P3DV4.

Edited by FastCheetah702
additional info

4 hours ago, FastCheetah702 said:

Replace all files in P3DV5/Scenery with those from V4 seems to work. Backup before you try it.

That's an interesting approach but it's a bit too invasive for me. By changing all the default scenery to P3d4, one loses all the new airport, vector and navaid data that LM added. I suppose one could make this switch and then also use fsaerodata, which would now work with V5. It's interesting that the VOXATC Indexer reads the P3d5 default scenery files just fine. It doesn't care about the new sloped runway entries Incorporated into the V5 BGL format. But at runtime, VOXATC itself doesn't like the changes. I'd have to guess that this may have something to do with the new ICAO airport codes added in P3d5.

It's becoming clear to me that VOXATC is not going to work perfectly with P3d5 and we may have hit the end of the line for its use.