Sign in to follow this  

I told you I had a windfall last February and I was going to get a top of the line Alienware computer.  Well, I still don't have it.  Dell keeps delaying the delivery date.  They tell me they are awaiting parts from China.

Anybody know of any other gamIng computers in the price range a 3K-4K that would serve me well for P3Dv4?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Some of the members will get on my case about this but I'd suggest you talk to Jetline Systems.  They custom-build computers specifically for flight sim. They use excellent components and if you want, they'll load up your software on the machine and tune the performance for you  They should have something in your price range that will probably perform better than an Alienware. They're also willing to customize beyond what's available on their website - they'll make recommendations based on your budget and what you need on the machine.

Members who build their own systems will argue that Jetline charges a lot for work that you could do yourself. But if you don't want to build your own system, they're an excellent choice.  I'm a system builder myself, so I've never used them - but I've had conversations with them at times when I've thought about just ordering something instead of building it.  I've always come away impressed.

Can't hurt to talk to them.

Jetline systems. They built a GTX computer for me in 2017 and it is an excellent flight sim computer. I did replace the EVGA GTX1080Ti for the new RTX 2080Ti.

https://jetlinesystems.com/

Lyn

"What Alan_A said as I was typing my reply!"

Edited by Mazo
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Anybody know of any other gamIng computers in the price range a 3K-4K that would serve me well for P3Dv4?

Noel

Same as Alan A’s suggestion, go with Jetline.

I don’t have a rig by then but have heard nothing but good things and their support is awesome.

Remember, Jetline specializes in rigs and set up for simming and know their way around it. Dell just makes gaming rigs.

Contact Jetline for help and you’ll talk to them. Contact Dell for help and you’ll get some guy reading a script in some far off land.

I’d cancel the Dell order and contact Jetline!

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I, too, vote for Jetline Systems. Take a look at this  https://jetlinesystems.com/product/gravity-gtx/  . Evem with a couple of enhancements it's still under USD$4,000 .....Doug

Edited by W2DR
kant spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

7 hours ago, birdguy said:

I told you I had a windfall last February and I was going to get a top of the line Alienware computer.  Well, I still don't have it.  Dell keeps delaying the delivery date.  They tell me they are awaiting parts from China.

Noel

I would be happy to build one for you 😉

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Thanks Doug.  I just ordered it and cancelled my Dell order.  I opted for a 1TB SSD and added a 2TB HDD.  Just under 4K$.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

With 4k you could buy yourself a 2080ti, a 9900K a top of the line motherboard 32gb of GSkill 4000mhz CL18 or 19 or better a couple of Samsung 970 evo plus 2TB SSD's, a Corsair Hydro Series, H150i Liquid CPU cooler, a solid CoolerMasters case, a solid modular 800 watt power supply. I just threw parts for a bleeding edge system in the shopping cart at newegg.com with all of the above without even thinking about. Total was $3500. System builders will screw you on system memory and motherboard. You'll never get as good a system for the money as building it yourself. I say that anyone who can navigate the complexities of Flight Sim can handle the complexities of building a PC.😁

Yes it's intimidating but far easier than you would expect. It's more of less Lego. The most difficult part by far is achieving the best possible stable Overclock after you put every thing together.

Edited by Quasimodo

I am a klutz when it come to computers.  I would never try to build myself one because I never embark on a project without knowing what I am doing.  Especially something as complicated as a computer.

Besides Jetline has several good recommendations here and I trust their judgement.  I doubt they would steer me wrong.

Noel

Noel, they are modular. Any mother board comes with complete instructions. I could have talked you through it on the phone. I've done it before.

Sue

I'm too old and too lazy now Sue.  And I have already ordered the Jetline.  But thanks anyway.  You have talked me through stuff on the phone before.

Noel

On 4/10/2020 at 8:54 PM, Penzoil3 said:

Noel, they are modular. Any mother board comes with complete instructions. I could have talked you through it on the phone. I've done it before.

Sue

On 4/10/2020 at 10:10 PM, birdguy said:

I'm too old and too lazy now Sue.  And I have already ordered the Jetline.  But thanks anyway.  You have talked me through stuff on the phone before.

Noel

What is very important that hasn't been mentioned is a warranty. Buy individual components and build it yourself you have no system warranty - just one for each component. If something in your system should fail a beginner may not know which component is responsible. Also, overclocking is still an area many don't want to go into.

Buy a system from a reputable supplier and it comes with a 12 month warranty and will be overclocked and stable. Yes, it costs more but brings peace of mind to thise unfamiliar with computers.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I ordered this computer from Jetline on Friday.  Yesterday I asked them to install FSX and acceleration for me as my FSX Disk has a crack in it.  I got this reply from them this morning:

Greetings Noel,

Absolutely, we will install your FSX and Acceleration pack. Thanks for passing on your key codes. Please give us about 7 business days to build and test your computer. Have a great week!

Can't beat that for service after waiting over a month for Dell to build an Alienware system for me.  Thanks for steering me in the right direction guys.

Noel

I've built several PCs over the years and the only thing a ready made computer would save me from is when you hit the start button for the very first time. It got me every time, the moment waiting for the single 'peep'. Phew! :rolleyes:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.