Sign in to follow this  

4 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

It got me every time, the moment waiting for the single 'peep'. Phew! :rolleyes:

What if, instead of the wimpy 'peep', you heard a 120 decibel HOOONK!!!  Yes, Ron, I'm telling you to replace that tiny speaker with an air horn.  You'll be WIDE awake for your next repaint or flying sesson.

@birdguy Noel let us know how it all works out once it arrives

Edited by Mace
cain't spel

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

My Jetline computer arrived today.  Just got the wi-fi and mail set up.  Currently downloading P3Dv4.  Don't much care for the transparent sides and the blue swirling lights that give it a Dr. Who look.  Paul at Jetline told after I have it all set up he will show me how to turn them off.

Dell sent me a survey asking why I cancelled the Alienware order.  I gave them what-for for delaying shipment 3 times in two months.  I'm a patient guy but there is a limit.  Probably a blessing in disguise since they install FSX for me (my #1 disk has a split in it).  I just had to send them the key codes.

As soon as I have had a chance to set up the simulators and fly I'll let you know how much I like it.

Thanks again for steering me to Jetline.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I've got P3Dv4 installed on the  SSD Boot drive on my new computer and all of the Orbs scenery installed on the HDD Drive.  All of the Orbx scenery available for P3Dv4 takes up almost 500GB.

I don't have My Traffic or Nielsen's Shipping installed yet but I wanted to run my test flight plan to check out performance.  I do have the traffic turned up to 50% for commercial traffic and 75% for GA traffic.  I had the FR set to unlimited for the test.  I normally run  it at 32.

My test run gave me a steady 40-45 FPS through the entire run with no significant drops.  No skips or hesitations.  I'll run it again after I have the traffic installed.

It takes about 10 minutes to boot up P3D after a system reboot or cold start.  About 4-5 minutes when the system is running.

I'm not going to make a pig of myself this time around.  No addon scenery except Orbx and Pilot's Mesh.  And since typically 80-90% of my flying is in the Lionheart Quest Kodiaks that's all I'm going to fly.  Decent scenery viewing altitudes at 160-180kts.

I did go to Jetline support to have them turn off those Gawdafull spinning lights on the front and inside the computer that make my table look like something from Frankenstein's laboratory. (it has a transparent side panel).  What are they for anyway?  Does anyone like them?

I like Jetline's support where they just take control of your computer instead of telling you what to do over the phone.

Here's the system:

• Operating System:

Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit)

• Chassis:

Corsair 465x Mid Tower RGB Lighting, Black

• Motherboard:

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra, LGA 1151

• Processor:

Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900KF (5.0GHz Turbo) Eight Core

• CPU Cooling:

NZXT Kraken X52 240mm Liquid Cooling RGB

• System Memory:

32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHz RGB

• Graphics Processor:

8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super, GDDR6

• System Power:

850 Watt Seasonic Focus Gold Power Supply Liquiid Cooled

• Sound Card:

5.1 Channel High Definition Integrated Audio

• Primary Solid State Drive:

1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) ($175.00)

• Secondary Hard Drive:

2TB WD Blue 5400 RPM Mechanical (HDD) ($129.00)

• Optical Drive:

CD/DVD Burner Drive (External USB)

• Networking:

Wired High-Speed Internet Ready (10/100/1000), Integrated 802.11ac Wireless (WiFi) Card

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

That sounds like a really nice setup... If the Kodiak is your favorite airplane, have you looked at installing a GTN 750 in the panel?

https://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=52578&title=flight1-gtn-in-lionheart-kodiak

Flight1 or Reality XP, either one can work  (I am now using the Reality XP version..)

Bert

Noel,

Glad that your new Jetline system is working well for you! They, Jetline, are a bunch of real good guys, always willing to help.

Keep us informed as you get more familiar with it.

Lyn

On 4/9/2020 at 4:34 PM, Alan_A said:

Some of the members will get on my case about this but I'd suggest you talk to Jetline Systems.  They custom-build computers specifically for flight sim.

I dont like Jetline and here's why.  I build my own pcs so I know hardware.  For the longest time, mainly with FS9 and FSX when thats all we had, they were building PCs overloaded with RAM and high end video cards that neither sim could ever fully leverage, and charging exorbitant prices.

You are better off by far building your own simming pc.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Boomer said:

You are better off by far building your own simming pc.

Well, I feel that way, but not everybody is up for system building.  Some days, even I'm not up for system building... 😎

I wasn't following Jetline back then, and so I can't disagree with your take.  A big part of what left me with a favorable impression of them is that, a couple of years ago, when I was considering buying rather than building a system, I contacted them.  They asked me my specs and then told me not to buy anything from them - they said I wasn't going to gain enough performance to justify the expense.  That was a good note as far as I was concerned. 

They also told me that if I wanted to do a build in future, I could send them my current rig and they'd reuse some of my components if it made sense.

Neither of those things struck me as signs of a company that was just in it for the money.

I agree that their systems are much more expensive than my own builds.  But I'd expect that from somebody who's doing the work of speccing the machine, building it and testing it, so I don't have to.

Mileage in these things will vary, of course.

Boomer, I am not techy enough to build my own computer,  I'd rather have someone else do it and guarantee their work and give me support when I need it.  I'm willing to pay for that.

Bert, One thing I do know how to do is customize my own panels.   I have my own common keyboard and X-52 setup for all my airplanes.  I have added things like a radar altimeter and airport ID functions to my Kodiak panel.  I have a popup landing panel that puts the ASI, ALT, and Radar ALY in a window on the side of my panel.

Noel