Sign in to follow this  
mjrhealth

Xplane 11.5B3

Should make a new one to save confusion.

Payware planes now load Actually got in a decent flight today. Now we wait on the performance fixes.

It's ok, sometimes.  It seems inconsistent. One flight 70 fps, another... drops to 17. Both with ortho. But tried the AWS plugin to see if that helps with VR, and did tremendously. Incredibly smooth. And B3 helped with the map view in avitab its legible now. I actually have everything back in. Just need live traffic,  and I'm happy. 

• Like 1

On another note for this beta run; Have you guys tried re-enabling "Threaded Optimization" in the Nvidia control panel, that infamous setting that is now being default disabled after causing so many problems with X-Plane / OpenGL. It seems to actually work with Vulkan, giving me a nice FPS boost. Could obviously also be a placebo effect, as I believe they said it shouldn't technically have an impact. 

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

My first B3 test run...and what a run it was!

As my first test run...I copied over all my Orbx XP ware...T.E. regions, and airports. I then tried my first flight in testing to see if my Orbx 'stuff' would even work...let alone CTD.   So...set my first flight at Orbx's  Key West.   Not ONLY did B3 load in the airport, now sitting on top of Florida T.E. HD...but, I got my locked 30 FPS, to boot.  Ok...things are looking GOOD!

I took off...with a full 30 (locked) FPS.  Wow....no matter if I panned...I still got 30 in the cockpit as well as outside. Didn't get that with B1-B2!

Then, what the heck...started to raise one bar position at a time, the infamous REFLECTION settings.  I could only ever really have the REFLECTION setting on the very first, far left...so..starting from that position..I notched it up one to the right...and just to cut melodrama....I could now run B3 at MAXIMUM reflrections...and only lost 1...yes..no typo...1 FPS, down to 29.  Amazing...

I had a one more what the heck moment...so I went back into graphic settings and enabled  DRAW SHADOWS.   Still at 29 FPS.   Wow...wow....and wow....

Vulcan is kicking some SERIOUS butt!

Here's some shots from my first run...and oh...there is a new ReShade version...so just downloaded and loaded that into both B3 and .41.  Tons new custom shader entries...so will have fun hiding out from Covid-19 on this Good Friday...

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-07-38-

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-07-39-

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-07-39-

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-07-40-

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-07-40-

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-07-41-

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-07-43-

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 4

Second flight...B3 fixed every problem I had with B1 and B2.   In fact, it is as stable right now, as .41 and that is with all my 'junk'....

Here is a taxi and take-off, climb through dense clouds...and I stay in FPS, at 29/30 .  I always fluctuated in heavy cloud transitions...but with B3 Vulcan...nada!

Also, no loss of ground clarity and texture focus.....so...what the heck was with B1?!?!?!?

Enjoy...

Cirrus-SF50-2020-04-07-18-44-51.png

Cirrus-SF50-2020-04-07-18-45-53.png

Cirrus-SF50-2020-04-07-18-46-07.png

Cirrus-SF50-2020-04-07-18-48-13.png

Cirrus-SF50-2020-04-07-18-49-24.png

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-09-36-

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-09-37-

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-09-37-

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-09-38-

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-09-38-

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-09-39-

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-09-40-

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-10-09-42-

• Like 3

Awesome news! Can't wait to see if it works on my system.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Second flight...B3 fixed every problem I had with B1 and B2.   In fact, it is as stable right now, as .41 and that is with all my 'junk'....

Here is a taxi and take-off, climb through dense clouds...and I stay in FPS, at 29/30 .  I always fluctuated in heavy cloud transitions...but with B3 Vulcan...nada!

Also, no loss of ground clarity and texture focus.....so...what the heck was with B1?!?!?!?

Enjoy...

What graphics card do you have and what driver ???

3 minutes ago, Bulva said:

What graphics card do you have and what driver ???

An EVGA  FTW 1070 and I'm using the nVidia 445.75

17 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

An EVGA  FTW 1070 and I'm using the nVidia 445.75

I still have blurry textures. I'm not using 445.75. Can upgrading my driver really make a difference?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Then, what the heck...started to raise one bar position at a time, the infamous REFLECTION settings.  I could only ever really have the REFLECTION setting on the very first, far left...so..starting from that position..I notched it up one to the right...and just to cut melodrama....I could now run B3 at MAXIMUM reflrections...and only lost 1...yes..no typo...1 FPS, down to 29.  Amazing...

Well, that's because reflections have been dumbed down compared to how they were before, it doesn't have to do with Vulkan per se 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

11 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Well, that's because reflections have been dumbed down compared to how they were before, it doesn't have to do with Vulkan per se 🙂

Ah...ok...thanks for your take on that.   Regards my B3 installation...solid as a .41  B2 was CTD city...  I can't believe that a 25 MB download could make this difference in the coding....jeez!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I still have blurry textures. I'm not using 445.75. Can upgrading my driver really make a difference?

Well, can't hurt to load them in.  Then, do a reboot.  I'll tell ya what...I won't be just 'jumping' on B4, until I see a need, or betterment in some area....B3 rocks on my system now.  All my stuff is loaded in, as well as every Orbx T.E. region and the airports I have bought for them.  The above as Florida HD.  Never goes below 29 FPS...never...I need to go pop a cold beer and celebrate.  Laminar...has kicked some rendering butt...large!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

My first B3 test run...and what a run it was!

As my first test run...I copied over all my Orbx XP ware...T.E. regions, and airports. I then tried my first flight in testing to see if my Orbx 'stuff' would even work...let alone CTD.   So...set my first flight at Orbx's  Key West.   Not ONLY did B3 load in the airport, now sitting on top of Florida T.E. HD...but, I got my locked 30 FPS, to boot.  Ok...things are looking GOOD!

Actually, there no need to install your sceneries, you can simlink them to your test install, hold down the ALT key while dragging the sceneries to your new location, works a treat and saves lots of space. 

• Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

7 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

Actually, there no need to install your sceneries, you can simlink them to your test install, hold down the ALT key while dragging the sceneries to your new location, works a treat and saves lots of space. 

Thanks for that.  I did want another logistical copy of them in case of corruption.  Much less time, copying them, than having to process through Orbx Central 4.  But good to know in general.  Thanks again.

Post Edit.  I think though...that the reader should understand that I did in fact copy, rather than link, or Shortcut.  I don't know if that would make any difference to the sceneries performing.  The reason I state that...is that some have linked, or shortcutted, and are having scenery problems within the rendering using B3.  I just took a different path...physically copied all the folders n' files, and have had great B3 performance, and rock solid.  Does that make a difference? I'm not suggesting that it does, over linking or short-cutting via W10 protocols...but if others having done that ARE having issues...I'd certainly suggest they just set up a drag over, and turn off the monitor, and let W10 copy the physical files. It took for all my T.E HD (I bought all of them...and assorted airports) around two hours and five minutes to complete from one hard drive to another.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1