Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What planes will be compatible with v5?

Will PMDG 747, 737, 777, FSLabs A320, QW 787 be compatible with v5 or will we need to wait for updates? A2A, Carenado, etc.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

PMDG expect all aircraft, currently supported by them, will be fine in V5.  They are working on new installers.

Edited by ErichB

Any word from FSLabs or Majestic?  I've been looking but there's a lot of stuff out there so I may have overlooked.

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

to my knowledge FSLabs, QualityWings, TFDi have been radio silent.  Majestic said it will work, but they will have to make a couple tweaks

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

37 minutes ago, micstatic said:

to my knowledge FSLabs, QualityWings, TFDi have been radio silent.  Majestic said it will work, but they will have to make a couple tweaks

It’s poor form for devs to do the “radio silence” thing. Takes only a moment to post an update, and a new P3D version is a significant occasion that deserves 5 minutes of their time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Totally agree.  I'm sure they have the opinion it's their business, their decision.  Nobody can deny that.  However, it is reasonable to think a software developer is not an expert in communications and marketing.  Most forward thinking companies these days do realize the importance of these things.  

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On 4/8/2020 at 11:43 AM, vbazillio said:

Orbx said they'll announce their position after the release of v5

Source : https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/190416-p3dv5-compatibility/?do=findComment&comment=1642810

23 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

It’s poor form for devs to do the “radio silence” thing. Takes only a moment to post an update, and a new P3D version is a significant occasion that deserves 5 minutes of their time.

It does my head in too to be perfectly honest

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

25 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Agree, especially as a lot of the developers seem to have been in the beta for quite some time. Then they should at least be able to provide an update once the announcement hits the public channels. 

• Like 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

4 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Developers know more about their own situation than we do.  If they haven't made any announcements they have good reasons.

For example, A2A did say they didn't have access to the final release candidate.  For many developers that would be sufficient reason not to make any announcements.  

A statement of intent would be nice, but I don't have nearly enough sense of entitlement to demand one from everyone.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

29 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Developers know more about their own situation than we do.  If they haven't made any announcements they have good reasons.

For example, A2A did say they didn't have access to the final release candidate.  For many developers that would be sufficient reason not to make any announcements.  

A statement of intent would be nice, but I don't have nearly enough sense of entitlement to demand one from everyone.

Hook

Well said, Hook; moreover, we’re not entitled to any updates. We bought said products for version 4 not 5.  The only communication they’re obligated to provide is based on support for the former.  

Matt King

It does make me frustrated that some of the most "important" DEV can't take the time to update their customers.  Especially FSLabs.  The others, though...don't really surprise me.

• Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

What planes will be compatible? All of them - if you work hard enough,

As I was sitting here waiting for v5 to arrive, I remembered my Carenado + VR test pilot work from Day 1 Prepar3D V4.

TL;DR The Carenado planes flew in V4 with only minor problems (more or less).  

V5 should be even easier. Let's aim for a hull loss rate of less than 100% this time!

Attention: M/Sgt Russ Sisco and the rest of the experimental Flight Performance Team. It's time to get back to work!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

8 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Not really, how can fslabs test if they don't get given a beta copy (from past malware fiasco.)

I'm sure when it's out tomorrow they will be hard at work getting it into v5.  At least I hope so

14ppkc-6.png

I installed the QualityWings 757 and 787 into v5. The 757 seems to load okay at least (I haven't yet tested it in flight). But the 787 crashes the sim every time I try to load it, so I'm guessing it's not yet v5 compatible. Most of my other aircraft and scenery work okay for the most part.

Edited by Janicielle75