Sign in to follow this  
pmb

Carenado and Alabeo - where are thou?

Did anyone hear from Carenado and their little son Alabeo if they intend to make their big fleet fit for Prepar3d5? There is no forum and their support page focuses on eminent questions like "GPS on aircraft not working after P3D 2.1 Patch".

My personal take will be they re-release half of their fleet for the full price (with 3 downloads allowed via their page) over the next two years (i.e. until launch of Prepar3d6) and we can forget about the other half.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

There is no need to wait for them.

Just reinstall their aircraft with the P3D option pointing the installer to V5.

Done.

• Upvote 1

Does this really work? I tried to just copy over the directory of the C172RG Cutlass from 4.5 and this didn't work properly. I'll try your suggestion, though, thank you.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

It did it for the Shrike 500, and the Beach Baron.

I have more of their aircraft, but I haven't had the time.

Got sidetracked by trying to figure out how to effectively reduce VRAM load.

Oh the fun... I feel like 32bit all over again.

25 minutes ago, pmb said:

My personal take will be they re-release half of their fleet for the full price (with 3 downloads allowed via their page) over the next two years (i.e. until launch of Prepar3d6) and we can forget about the other half.

Kind regards, Michael

In fact, Carenado and Alabeo had updated most of their aircraft from FSX to all P3D versions (including P3DV4) at no cost at all ( unlike several other developers). So, I wouldn‘t be surprised if they updated their installers again for free. Kudos, Carabeo!

Felix

Does anyone know if the P3Dv4 version of A2A Cessna 182 will work with v5?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Instead of taking another snarky 

41 minutes ago, pmb said:

Did anyone hear from Carenado and their little son Alabeo if they intend to make their big fleet fit for Prepar3d5? There is no forum and their support page focuses on eminent questions like "GPS on aircraft not working after P3D 2.1 Patch".

Kind regards, Michael

Instead of taking a snarky stab at Carenado, you could have just pointed the installer to your v5 installation, and this would have answered your question in 5 minutes. Contrary to what you imply, their updates have been coming usually at no cost. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I tried the Phenom 300 and the Hawker yesterday and they seems to function properly. Also using Jorge's mods with the Phenom 300. Only the weather radar from Milviz/Rex seems to need a new update. 

One issue you may encounter is the dll.xml entry for the Carenado Navigraph database. I did have to add this one manually.

Hans

20 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Instead of taking another snarky 

Instead of taking a snarky stab at Carenado, you could have just pointed the installer to your v5 installation, and this would have answered your question in 5 minutes. Contrary to what you imply, their updates have been coming usually at no cost. 

I am very sorry for the snarky stab then, take it back and try as suggested. 

It remains the fact they could have told stupid users like me how to do it and that it actually works and mark their products as P3D5 compatible in their catalogue. Others addon makers did so, see the FSElite comaptibility list.

Kind regards, Michael

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

There is no need to wait for them.

Just reinstall their aircraft with the P3D option pointing the installer to V5.

Done.

I did just that and it went in OK.....

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

It did it for the Shrike 500, and the Beach Baron.

....Until I loaded the Shrike and got a see-through cockpit i.e. no bodywork.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I am very sorry for the snarky stab then, take it back and try as suggested. 

It remains the fact they could have told stupid users like me how to do it and that it actually works and mark their products as P3D5 compatible in their catalogue. Others addon makers did so, see the FSElite comaptibility list.

Kind regards, Michael

I was looking at the fselite list last night, it’s actually not very helpful. Too much missing information, including practical things like this.

I can confirm that i’ve installed one alabeo without problems as a test.

I have quite a few, so I’ll post some more data once i’ve had a chance to install and fly some more.

There’s a question about the a2a 182 above also. I have it in my sim, but haven’t actually flown it yet - so 98% chance that it works, the a2a commanche has been my favourite v5 aircraft so far.

For those who don’t know, a2a aircraft can be ported very simply, one folder to move and a dll to deactivate.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

33 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I did just that and it went in OK.....

Thanks, this was exactly what I observed when copying over the C172RG and which was the  motivation for this snarky thread.

But I'll check - and report - if the installer does better.

Kind regards, Michael

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

The same happened to me with the B1900D and the C208 Cessna Caravan EX. I wonder if someone has figured out any fix to it.

Francisco Aguiar

I've tried the C421 with the same result. Bored with that now. I'll try Milviz. :biggrin:

5 hours ago, pmb said:

snarky

A little bit if snarky is a good thing. It unsettles the PC lot. :biggrin:

• Like 1