Sign in to follow this  
kurtb

P3D V5 loading time

I know that loading time gets longer by adding add on's, but installed all orbx scenery I had in v4 into v5, but  v5  takes longer to load, am I doing something wrong?

I think it is actually the same. Maybe the initial load until "Welcome Screen" is shorter, but then loading ORBX scenery takes a while. Overall it feels the same for me.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

thanks with a new version you might imagine things lol, ore you expect more!

Have you installed ORBX to your ORBX library or to the P3Dv5 main folder?

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, kurtb said:

I know that loading time gets longer by adding add on's, but installed all orbx scenery I had in v4 into v5, but  v5  takes longer to load, am I doing something wrong?

Nope..just finished my Orbx install, and I'd say it took KORS to load into PNW, about 4 minutes. Also, I had a sim lockup freeze, and a CTD with 4.6GB out of 6.7 for vRAM.  Yep...it needs tweaking.  But..having said that...the sim looks drop dead gorgeous compared to v4.5.  And that was no slouch either....but way more depth of field and clarity in v5.

It took me 17 minutes to load to startup screen. Something's not right.

I have included my AI through the add on method to use with AILRP.

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

my load time is significantly faster than V4.  Wonder why that is happening to you

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Are we talking about the loading time from launching of the sim until the scenario selection window loads or the loading time from the scenario selection until the virtual cockpit is loaded?

The former can have various reasons depending on your add-ons. Some examples:
-Add-On.xml is slower than the scenery.cfg, This is not noticeable with only a handful of add-ons. But with a few dozens / hundreds you will face longer loading times. The only solution is to combine multiple add-on.xml into a single one. For example, all xml from one developer could be combined. ORBX creates an separate add-on.xml for each airport if you choose to install it in the ORBX library. Thus, starting the sim will be slower if you had the ORBX stuff installed in the main folder before.
-AI depends on the amount of simobjects and livery variations. The more you have, the longer will be the load. Even with a SSD it will take at least a couple of minutes until AI like AIG OCI is loaded. MAIW particularly increases the time, as the military AI has loads of variations (yes, +10min is possible). However, 17 minutes seems to be far to long.

Also, check if there is a message hidden behind the loading screen. I got various notifications about duplicate simobjects (SODE objects in my case)

if you have neither a huge amount of add-ons nor AI, than you might have tried to add an incompatible add-on. Anything that uses a dll/exe (RealTurb, Airport Controller, Autogen Configuration Merger, etc.) comes to mind, as they are not tested for v5 yet.

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Upvote 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Also, check if there is a message hidden behind the loading screen. I got various notifications about duplicate simobjects (SODE objects in my case)

Am getting this. How is this solved? Thanks.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

my load time is significantly faster than V4.  Wonder why that is happening to you

Same here, my sim is loading faster than ever despite being full of everything OrbX. It's a pleasure to use. 

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Are we talking about the loading time from launching of the sim until the scenario selection window loads or the loading time from the scenario selection until the virtual cockpit is loaded?

The former can have various reasons depending on your add-ons. Some examples:
-Add-On.xml is slower than the scenery.cfg, This is not noticeable with only a handful of add-ons. But with a few dozens / hundreds you will face longer loading times. The only solution is to combine multiple add-on.xml into a single one. For example, all xml from one developer could be combined. ORBX creates an separate add-on.xml for each airport if you choose to install it in the ORBX library. Thus, starting the sim will be slower if you had the ORBX stuff installed in the main folder before.
-AI depends on the amount of simobjects and livery variations. The more you have, the longer will be the load. Even with a SSD it will take at least a couple of minutes until AI like AIG OCI is loaded. MAIW particularly increases the time, as the military AI has loads of variations (yes, +10min is possible). However, 17 minutes seems to be far to long.

if you have neither a huge amount of add-ons nor AI, than you might have tried to add an incompatible add-on. Anything that uses a dll/exe (RealTurb, Airport Controller, Autogen Configuration Merger, etc.) comes to mind, as they are not tested for v5 yet.

Hi Christoph.

I have over 70GB of repaints and 955 BGL's.

I know it's a lot but that exact same setup loads from launching the sim to scenario window in 7 mins in V4. This includes 200 airports as well.

In V5 i'm looking at 19 minutes. There's something not right somewhere. Just removed all my repaints from the add on folder as an experiment and the sim has loaded up in 48 seconds.

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

14 hours ago, reecemj said:

Am getting this. How is this solved? Thanks.

Hi Maurice, only the developer can fix the SODE simobjects. You can only deactivate the files until a fix is issues. Go to X:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects and remove/copy any conflicting file to a temporary folder.

13 hours ago, Mr_LoL said:

Hi Christoph.

I have over 70GB of repaints and 955 BGL's.

I know it's a lot but that exact same setup loads from launching the sim to scenario window in 7 mins in V4. This includes 200 airports as well.

In V5 i'm looking at 19 minutes. There's something not right somewhere. Just removed all my repaints from the add on folder as an experiment and the sim has loaded up in 48 seconds.

Sorry to hear this, Mr_LoL. Hopefully Kai can encourage LM to further look into this issue.

• Upvote 1

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Sorry to hear this, Mr_LoL. Hopefully Kai can encourage LM to further look into this issue.

This was reported by Kaii to LM and they responded via the LM forums

S.

My loading times for the initial start of v5 now takes longer than v4.5, since I moved my AI traffic over. I guess going through all those simobjects just takes forever... stunning that it takes longer than in v4.5...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

This is what LM's Rob McCarthy says about the longer AI loading times:
"In previous versions the Select Vehicle UI, entering multiplayer and SimDirector, and a few other various cases would cause long loads due to populating entity lists. We moved this to startup and also cache this list to improve the speed of accessing these parts of the system. Large numbers of AI could be impacting this initial load. We'll investigate this more on our end."

(Source: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=136947 )

• Like 1

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png