Sign in to follow this  
captain420

QualityWings 787 in P3D v5

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Just be aware that this registry fix only works if you have uninstalled v4 and you are not intending to use v4 again. Otherwise things will get messed up pretty fast and ugly...

I think it’s fine if you just change registry back to v4 path after installing. That’s what i’m planning to do, if i want to fly v4 again. Any reason this shouldn’t work?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

True, that would do the trick as well. 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

On 4/19/2020 at 1:06 AM, arwasairl said:

How did you guys even get it working? In my case P3D v5 just CTDs when I try to fly the 787. Some people got it working, other people gets a CTD.

Me to.

I dont have any reallight or truelight.dll in gauges folder though?

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I do not try any more!

I installed the 777 PMDG and will wait for an update. Now I can fly as I want.

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Is there any info on QW updating their 787 for P3Dv5?

• Like 1

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Boomer said:

Is there any info on QW updating their 787 for P3Dv5?

Honestly, I feel like they've abandon this airplane all together.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

3 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Honestly, I feel like they've abandon this airplane all together.

I dont think so, they are just not very communicative regarding patches/updates. When the 64bit switch was done, it also seemed that the 787 was abandoned and then they almost suddenly released an update. I hope it will be similar with v5...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

There was a mention on there forum this month but like everone else they will be waiting for a stable truglass and realight . From what I have seen the betas for these are a vram hog. Hoefully TFDI can sort they are aware.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Well I am running it in v5 but there a few minor issues like cockpit MCP lighting.

spacer.png

Qualitywings is odd, they seem to be active in bursts and add stuff and then they even reply on forums. But then they show zero interest for months. I also don't think 787 FMC is ever going to see the needed improvements.

As much as I want to like them, I'm not keen on ever giving them money again.

I like the 787 more than the 748, too bad.

spacer.png

51 minutes ago, flycln said:

Qualitywings is odd, they seem to be active in bursts and add stuff and then they even reply on forums. But then they show zero interest for months. I also don't think 787 FMC is ever going to see the needed improvements.

As much as I want to like them, I'm not keen on ever giving them money again.

I agree with the first part of your statement.  Sometimes I wish they were part of a bigger flight simulation company with better support and quicker updates.  The slow gauge refresh is something that has boggled them since day 1 on the 787.  The 757 just hit a point and never was developed any further.  While some would agrue it's a cheaply priced airplane.  I would rather it be brought up to date and price increased.  Their communication strategy is just not good.  It's kind of a shame because the 787 is very very good and with just a little TLC could be excellent.  

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Hello all.

If you're not already aware, there's a P3Dv5 update for the 787 on the Qualitywings website, under the "Installers" section.  The only caveat being that Trueglass and Reallight are installed as betas.

Dunk.

12 hours ago, ColinJames1 said:

I have P3Dv5.2.22.27615  installed. Will QW 787-9 install on this version of P3D?

Yes