Sign in to follow this  
Branimir

Simmarket blocked my account and they haven't told a reason

Hello!

Today I noticed that I am not able to log into Simmarket account. I have reset my password twice but it didn't help.

I decided to write a polite e-mail and ask them for help. And they came up with an answer that my account was suspicious. Their response was quite fast (after 20min). I told them that I am just an usual flight student and flight simmer and I have no bad intentions. I asked if there is a way to unlock my account because I have addons in my account that I bought. Their answer was that they cant unlock my account because some rules were broken by me.

Then I decided to read Terms od service again. I haven't broken any rules.

My last purchases were made about 3 weeks ago. I "bought" some free discounted addons. I made few purchaces of the same product in case I have to reinstall so I won't have to deal with registration problems after reinstall (to have some spare product keys). I don't know if that is a reason for blocking my account? I asked them which rule did I break and I got not answer from them. I bought some payware addons in the past (RFSceneryBuilding LJLJ, Active Sky V4 etc) and now I have no access to my account. I have my product keys in my e-mails (for Active Sky) but I am not sure if they are working since my account is blocked.

If buying multiple free addons is what bothers them, they should warn the user or prevent us from buying the same addon more than once.

Than I wrote another polite e-mail. I told them that they can't block an account if they think it is suspicious. What is their definition of being suspicious? Then I gave them an example that you can't call a 911 (113 in Slovenia) if you see a suspicious black truck - it may be an UPS truck. I also wrote that as far as I know I haven't broken any rules. But I do know that they broke some rules in the past when they were selling a pirated copy of JARDesign with malicious plugin. And they say I break rules?

I am desperate and I don't know where to get some customer service help if they are not helping me.

Stay healthy!

Edited by Branimir
  • Like 1

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

Interested in the outcome. Not allowing access to purchased software?

🤔 

Luke Pype

I got an answer that I "abused my account" but nowhere says that you are not allowed to buy the same product more than once. I have no piracy intentions.

Their response:

hello,

you abused your account by ordering in-numerous times the same free product, over and over again.

your paid orders from 2018 were delivered to you. we have no obligation of maintaining your key or downloads after they are delivered to you. that is a service we choose to offer or not to offer.

we chose not to offer it to you in the future as we choose not to accept your business anymore.

regards.

My response: 

I have ordered multiple addons in case of reinstalling my software or windows so I won't have problems by activating the same product key.

I haven't seen any rules in Terms of service that say you are not allowed to order the same product multiple times. You should warn the user or prevent this from happening (so simmarket prevents you from buying the same product). The problem is that your online store allows that. You still haven't told me which rule I broke (a rule that states a maximum number of orders of the same product!).
Are my product keys for addons I bought in 2018 still working (I have them in my e-mails)? Will I get an upgrade for Active Sky when it is released for V5 (or a discount if HIFI decides that V4 owners of Active Sky get a discount)? Is it possible to make another account when I want to buy a product?
The problem with my account is still not resolved. If there was a rule for example: "User/customer is not allowed to make more than 3 orders/purchases of the same product in our online store..." I would totally understand you. But as far as I know there is no such rule (tell me if I am wrong). There was no abuse, I was just using your store and it allows that.

Regards

Edited by Branimir

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

You got an answer while I was typing a response

Edited by jabloomf1230

Your activity seems pretty odd tbh. I’d be suspicious of your intentions.

Why would you purchase something multiple times to get around ‘registration issues’?

——

I have bad OCD and often reinstall windows because it becomes too cluttered for me. Sometimes reinstalling windows multiple times a month!

My single purchases from simmarket have all been fine with constant re-downloads and registrations.

Edited by flightskyc

Some addons usually allow up to for example 3 registrations. They were free so I could have some spare keys. I would never, ever want to sell them or something.

Edited by Branimir

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

To be honest, I can see why they'd think it was a bit suspicious to be trying to get hold of a number of serial numbers when one is sufficient for reinstalling stuff. I'd just keep on to them and hope they relent on their decision, that's about all you can do. It's convenient for them to hold your previous purchased products on their database for you, and many of us make use of that facility of course, but as they say, they're under no obligation to do so.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thank you for answers. The thing that makes me confused is that you can't break a rule that doesn't exist.

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

3 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

Interested in the outcome. Not allowing access to purchased software?

🤔

Me too!.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, Branimir said:

Thank you for answers. The thing that makes me confused is that you can't break a rule that doesn't exist.

I think you have an odd idea about rules.

What you did would have raised suspicions in any context and I am sure that if the products were not free of charge, you would not have bought several copies "just to have a spare registration key".

There does not have to be a rule "do not behave like a pirate if you are not a pirate" for it to be the wrong thing to do.

It might also be worth bearing in mind that an organisation like SimMarket will have heard every excuse many, many times and be understandably cynical when it comes to being asked to believe such a story.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

I just save the downloads to safe place along with the keys/serials number so don't have to return to simMarket for re-installs, etc etc

• Like 1

I also have them on my hard drive but I don't know if product key for Active Sky still works since I bought it at Simmarket.

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

18 minutes ago, Branimir said:

I also have them on my hard drive but I don't know if product key for Active Sky still works since I bought it at Simmarket.

Was it an Upgraded from the FSX Active Sky to P3D? If so, when you install AS,it will ask for the relevant qualifying Keys. simMarket usually send you a confirmation email to prove you bought it from them with the Key. Have you tried looking up your emails?

4 hours ago, Branimir said:

Some addons usually allow up to for example 3 registrations. They were free so I could have some spare keys. I would never, ever want to sell them or something.

Very few addons are that restrictive, and even then, if you use them all, it only requires an email with an explanation, to get an additional registration.

So how many downloads did you make for each free product?  A 'few' could mean many different things.

As others have indicated, multiple downloads look suspiciously like an attempt to get free products for future resale, even if that was not the case.

John B

Yes, I have it in an e-mail. I am wondering if this key still works in case of reinstall?

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz