Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Potential (and required) Hotfix for V5

15 minutes ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

... chasing a pipe dream by spending thousands on new hardware in the name of gaining a FPS ... yadayada ... my next big upgrade will be with the new sim.

Uuuhhh, i see some disappointment coming up in a year or so ....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

21 minutes ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

So now we're back to chasing a pipe dream by spending thousands on new hardware in the name of gaining a FPS and having a piece of software run properly which should run on current hardware. I'm not wasting any money on P3D, my next big upgrade will be with the new sim.

Why do you have to spend more money on hardware?  The performance gains are better with this version, not worse.  AS for 'thousands' being spent.... you are just being hyperbolic.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 3

My mesh is set to 5m. I've experienced what I would describe as 'a kick in the butt' a few times (NOT on short final. just cruising.) and one rather exciting rapid descent into the sea (I nearly said 'took a dump in the ocean')(on short final) They seem to be completely random and rare enough not to get over excited about it. It'll be fixed I'm sure.

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

11 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Why do you have to spend more money on hardware?  The performance gains are better with this version, not worse.  AS for 'thousands' being spent.... you are just being hyperbolic.

I'm referring to the people who want to get new top of the line video cards to run this game because of VRAM issues. This software should run fine on current hardware.

I have a 9900k, OC'd to 4.6 with a 2080 and I'm having all sort of issues even with low settings. CTD's, choppy frames, blurry textures and the list goes on. We shouldn't have to wait for hot fixes to address issues that should be addressed when the game is in beta. If another game developer released a game which had issues like this it would game over for them.

Edited by YVRDXBLHR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

My mesh is set to 5m. I've experienced what I would describe as 'a kick in the butt' a few times (NOT on short final. just cruising.) and one rather exciting rapid descent into the sea (I nearly said 'took a dump in the ocean')(on short final) They seem to be completely random and rare enough not to get over excited about it. It'll be fixed I'm sure.

I love it, made my day Ron 🙂

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

5 minutes ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

I love it, made my day Ron 🙂

Cheers,

Pete

Happy to help. :smile:

Have you noticed supermarket staff wearing shirts that say that are some of the most miserable words not allowed in creation.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

22 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

jaja... Report here: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=137100&p=213950#p213950

Still cruising along nicely in 4.5 as the beta gets worked on ... :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

I'm referring to the people who want to get new top of the line video cards to run this game because of VRAM issues. This software should run fine on current hardware.

I have a 9900k, OC'd to 4.6 with a 2080 and I'm having all sort of issues even with low settings. CTD's, choppy frames, blurry textures and the list goes on. We shouldn't have to wait for hot fixes to address issues that should be addressed when the game is in beta. If another game developer released a game which had issues like this it would game over for them.

It will all get resolved. It always does.  There are lots of significant changes in this version and I for one am not really surprised.  To have expected everything to be issue free would really be silly.  Disappointed at having to wait a bit longer, sure, but not surprised.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

My list: 

- short final loss of altitude crash.

- cloud flickering at the edge of mountains, other textures when using Atmoshperics.

- ATC window or ATC requests, crashes sim at random times. 

- Sim crashes when selecting a different plane, or airport location. Possibly VRAM related? 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

There's always 4.5 in the interim.

Unless, you removed it :>)

v5 is great, Truesky, waves, better mesh, better airports.

I doubt I will fly v4.5 again, or if I do it will be very occasional.

BUT

1. P3D early releases have often been a bit rough historically. It's not static software like FSX 10 years after release. I've already installed one hotfix, I'm sure there are more to come.

2. It would be very bold to erase the previous version of P3D when a new one comes out. This has always been the case in the past with v2/v3/v4.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

19 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

v5 is great, Truesky, waves, better mesh, better airports.

Agreed.

19 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I doubt I will fly v4.5 again, or if I do it will be very occasional.

I have to, I have no choice. Along with a bunch of others. I'm glad you're not one of them :>)