Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Potential (and required) Hotfix for V5

6 minutes ago, newtie said:

No post I've read has said anything contrary.

Then there is your answer, isn't it? That's why I am running V5. That's why I was one of those, who apparantly made a foolish decision and "rushed" to install V5.

Ity's really a weird statement from someone who doesn't even own the software to question why others bought it. (even more so. ENJOY it- how dare we)

Have a nice evening.

• Like 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

2 hours ago, pmb said:

If no one uses it no one detects issues, no one fixes them, and there's no hotfix at all. I don't regret being an early bird.

Kind regards, Michael

The user community is the true Beta Tester. Just as they say that "each head is a world", then each user with their own equipment and configuration will be a Beta Tester. All the feedback we provide to LM will become improvements and we will be the beneficiaries ourselves.

Hi,

I think that LM has released this V5 a little to soon: before the launch of Windows 10 Edt. 2004 !

This afertoon, I have just switched to Windows 10 edition 2004 and I confirm : my VRam data under P3D v5 goes from 3.9 / 6.7 GB to 3.9 / 7.1 GB. (scenery LFOZ from France-VFR)

This change (more 400 Mo) is very beneficial because I have in addition more fluidity and the VRam is released more quickly: so, I'm HAPPY  with this version 5.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

14 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I don't get why people have rushed to install it  knowing that it's got problems and they will be having to install the hotfix.  Why not just wait

No harm in installing it.  You can run it alongside 4.5 , install updated scenery , have a look around, play with settings.  There's a lot you can still do.  Also, the extent of the issues wasn't really established until 2/3 days after release.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, lagaffe said:

Hi,

I think that LM has released this V5 a little to soon: before the launch of Windows 10 Edt. 2004 !

This afertoon, I have just switched to Windows 10 edition 2004 and I confirm : my VRam data under P3D v5 goes from 3.9 / 6.7 GB to 3.9 / 7.1 GB. (scenery LFOZ from France-VFR)

This change (more 400 Mo) is very beneficial because I have in addition more fluidity and the VRam is released more quickly: so, I'm HAPPY  with this version 5.

Win10 2004 Update installed, unchanged 6.7GB of 8 in v5 (RTX2080).

Greetings Andrew Bowler

14 minutes ago, airlinetycoon said:

Win10 2004 Update installed, unchanged 6.7GB of 8 in v5 (RTX2080).

Do you use the most current nVIDIA driver? Stupid second question: did you recreate your prepar3d.cfg after upgrading Windows?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Rob McCarthy from LM has posted today that they "are planning to release a hotfix update next week addressing this and various other reports identified by users after launch." 

19 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

Guys, to be honest, I haven´t been able to fly again my P3DV4HF3 since yesterday. I installed my fslabs and made a short EGLL-EGGP and told myself "This is it".

Since installing my P3dV5 I can´t go back, and I have hit the invisible wall like 5 times, but I know it is going to get fixed. Today I followed LM instructions fly Low to High altitude airports and so far 3 perfect landings (KIAH-KDFW, KIAH-KCLT and EKCH-ESSA)

Ha - same here. I have my full 4.5 install in great order, but I haven't gone back to it, and I'm one of those with a RX5700XT that gets a CTD on view change on many planes. If this drags on, I'm sure I will - but for now I'm able to use my Majestic Q400 and FSW MU-2 with absolutely no problems and I've been just flying around the US west coast as that's the only scenery area I've installed for now, figuring I'll be doing a fresh build once v5 is more stable.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

4 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Rob McCarthy from LM has posted today that they "are planning to release a hotfix update next week addressing this and various other reports identified by users after launch." 

Ha - same here. I have my full 4.5 install in great order, but I haven't gone back to it, and I'm one of those with a RX5700XT that gets a CTD on view change on many planes. If this drags on, I'm sure I will - but for now I'm able to use my Majestic Q400 and FSW MU-2 with absolutely no problems and I've been just flying around the US west coast as that's the only scenery area I've installed for now, figuring I'll be doing a fresh build once v5 is more stable.

I have only XML airports at the moment so once the hotfix drops ill do a fresh install of 5. whatever they name it.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Do you use the most current nVIDIA driver? Stupid second question: did you recreate your prepar3d.cfg after upgrading Windows?

Yes - current driver is installed.

cfg not recreated, will do so and come back.

Greetings Andrew Bowler