Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

CS767 announced

I've bought all their previous planes, all the versions of the latest 757, and probably will of the 767. I use their products more than my PMDG planes, because no one else wants to make the 757/767 apparently, as well as the vintage offerings. PMDG just keep remaking their product line. I will happily pay whatever they need if it means i can get a somewhat decent 767.

20 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

It's so funny, really... They claim to have made this decision, as per your image, to increase performance. I have a CRAZY idea: instead of shortcutting on panel lighting, how about you dumb down your model just a teensy little bit (I dunno, perhaps remove a couple 3D wires), which will improve performance, and THEN give us properly functioning panel lighting?

This comes back to a point I was trying  to make before in this topic: 3D detail quickly becomes meaningless if it's incorrect or comes in place of other functionality.

We apparently came to the same conclusion at the same time. 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

39 minutes ago, Sethos said:

You really get the feeling they have no passion for what they are doing. So many years in the business and still just come up with lazy solutions and amateur level shortcuts. 

I tend to agree....this is what I call passion for your business:  Mir is a real class-act and I fully support him with my purchases.  

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Just so that nobody gets the wrong idea: this is not about CS being a Russian developer team. In fact, there are excellent Russian developers out there, for example, the guys who made the study level was it a Tupolev? Can't remember guys someone help me out here....it's the one where you practically need to learn the Russian alphabet to fly ha ha ha. 

Flightbeam are top shelf. I have their EDDN scenery, and it' top notch.

Edited by Ricardo41

Do you mean the ones who produced the Antonov An-2?

Flightbeam = No Brainer. Fortunately there are many more like them.

Edited by Nuno Pinto

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

So apparently CS feels its better to notify their customers as to how they are positioning their 767 release product by just modifying their manual.  Personally I thought it'd be easier to just post it in their forums, maybe answer one of the posts on the topic that now spans 3 pages in their official forum?

1NVtgk.jpg

Post deletion update:  Post above now gone from CS's forum.

Rather poignant that his last line is actually thanking CS for a 767 for P3D V4....and basing his buying decision on CS's "further moves".  I sincerely hope that the deletion of his sincere post will lead him to the right decision whether or not to buy a $99.76 1-model beta product.

And I find it rather disturbing that he feels compelled to actually apologize to CS if "we are being extremely rude to you".  I think the apology should be coming from CS, not him.

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Reader said:

What a masterclass in hate. Thanks for all the lessons learned.

You’re right.  CS certainly does have a disdain for their customer base. Shame really don’t ya think?

• Like 3

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

CS could sell 2000 copies at $40, now they're going to sell 40 copies at $100. Shame they can't do math, but whatever, it'll bite them in the rear eventually.

Values are obviously an example, maybe not even that far from the truth.

• Like 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

21 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

You’re right.  CS certainly does have a disdain for their customer base. Shame really don’t ya think?

Ya don't think that many of these posts say more about the authors than Captain Sim, do ya.

Edited by Reader

5 minutes ago, Reader said:

Ya don't think that many of these posts say more about the authors than Captain Sim, do ya.

Nope.  Peruse the PMDG forums for comparison.

spacer.png

"Chris...PMDG Cultist"

I am sure that your devotion is well recognised, however, I meant this topic. There are very many posts in this topic that would not survive at either forum for more than a few seconds. Not to mention that they do not carry the full given name if the author.

11 minutes ago, Reader said:

I am sure that your devotion is well recognised, however, I meant this topic. There are very many posts in this topic that would not survive at either forum for more than a few seconds. Not to mention that they do not carry the full given name if the author.

I'm confused as to why you can't see the validity in what is being stated in this thread. Do you agree with CS price model?

13 minutes ago, Reader said:

Who cares about people's real name. I find that completely silly in PMDG forums for example, hence i didn't even register there. My privacy is my privacy wherever i go to and _I_ choose whether i want to share my name or not.

In PMDG's case, if one has a legitimate purchase, a special "locked" forum should be made available for support. Weird policies these days.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Chock said:

I've bought quite a lot of their stuff over the years, but most of the time I've applied the following rule with Captain Sim products: If it's been out a while and people are reporting there's a reasonably okay version of it, or if it's in a sale and I think I can live with it, then I will buy it. Otherwise I'll sit back and wait, and I think that's a rule which a lot of people would do well to follow.

Alan, I believe that is wise counsel for any flight sim add on with the complexity of a modern transport aircraft.

Best regards,

Rick