Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

CS767 announced

Captain Sim stated this just now on their facebook page:

Captains,
Quite a number of the 767s have been burning virtual jet fuel around the Globe for more than 72 hrs...
The best part is, there are no major issues, no hotfix required, so we'll release a scheduled update most likely next week.

Now to the engines, we've just finalized our 767 plans and it seems to be a good time to share them:
1. The 767 Base Pack will get another engine, the good old JT9D.
2. The 767 Freighter Expansion will bring another engine, the legendary CF6-80.
3. The 767-200 Expansion will add another engine, the classic RB211.

Upon the expansions' release, the 767-300ER will support all the expansions' engine types (CF6-80, RB211), if the expansions installed.
Same as all expansions' airframes (Freighter and the -200) will support the Base Packs' engines (PW4060, JT9D).

Those who still don't have the 767, we recommend you to check out a fresh set of screen shots at https://captainsim.net/products/y767/y763/

So essentially, instead of buying separate engine expansion packs, you are STILL required to buy expansion packs of all the other 767 types in order to get ALL engine types working in the BASE pack. Seriously, wow. Respect. They have outdone themselves in how they expertly skirted the line between 'outright lying' and 'veiled dishonesty'. Because, really, they never explicitly stated that the other engine types would be NOT be part of an expansion... so there you go. The engines are part of OTHER expansion packs, and you nevertheless NEED TO BUY THEM to get ALL OUR ENGINES. I'm, for the first time in flight simulation, speechless in a bad way.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

3 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

So essentially, instead of buying separate engine expansion packs, you are STILL required to buy expansion packs of all the other 767 types in order to get ALL engine types working in the BASE pack. Seriously, wow. Respect. They have outdone themselves in how they skrited the line between 'outright lying' and 'fundamental dishonesty'.

I like how they are satisfied with 72 hours of "beta testing"

Richie Walsh

People are not paying attention to the line "if the expansions installed" if you want the CF6-80, RB211. If the base is $100+ I can only imagine what the expansions will run. I'm guessing around $50 a pop. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just now, Wise87 said:

People are not paying attention to the line "if the expansions installed". If you want the CF6-80, RB211. If the base is $100+ I can only imagine what the expansions will run. I'm guessing around $50 a pop. 

That line was exactly the point of my post, though...

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

That line was exactly the point of my post, though...

They are good when it comes to manipulation. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just now, Wise87 said:

They are good when it comes to manipulation. 

Right, it's amazing HOW good! There is a certain virtuosity to how devious this is. Almost gets me my respect, but god knows why they would want that kind of respect to begin with...

Benjamin van Soldt

10 minutes ago, Irishcurse said:

I like how they are satisfied with 72 hours of "beta testing"

For one well-known creator of pretty GA aeroplanes, that would constitute and extended period of beta-testing. 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

22 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

So essentially, instead of buying separate engine expansion packs, you are STILL required to buy expansion packs of all the other 767 types in order to get ALL engine types working in the BASE pack. Seriously, wow. Respect. They have outdone themselves in how they expertly skirted the line between 'outright lying' and 'veiled dishonesty'. Because, really, they never explicitly stated that the other engine types would be NOT be part of an expansion... so there you go. The engines are part of OTHER expansion packs, and you nevertheless NEED TO BUY THEM to get ALL OUR ENGINES. I'm, for the first time in flight simulation, speechless in a bad way.

Ben,

I'm not speechless....in fact completely expected this shell game from them.  In their long history...they have never failed to outdo their last outrageous pricing scheme, and this is sadly status quo for them.

All we need now is to have the major media outlets for our community call them out on this and let the fun begin.

This was their plan all along mind you.  Why were they purposefully skirting all the "Expansion" questions?  Why did they suddenly drop their 767 customer forum behind the curtain after they released the beta?

Simple: Because they wanted to "hook" you before they "Skinned" you.  Had they stated this outright before they released the 1-model, 1-engine beta for $99.76, they obviously knew the community would roast them alive. But they have their "base" customers now (you know...those who got hooked and assumed they may get the option to buy the engine they want for a reasonable price).

OK all CS supporters....your turn.  Tell us why again those of us who've not been hooked yet should jump into the boat and get skinned? (crickets)

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I can't wait to see the price of the expansions. They are not going to be cheap. The 757 base is $75.70 with a $49 freighter expansion. Seeing the 767 base is $134.99 / $99.76 I can imagine the freighter will be close to $70 based off past pricing. Again just a guess. 

Dan

OMG...I was on their announcement page about the "Expansions" and someone had already mentioned (paraphrasing here) "Im not a freighter guy but would like the GEs....you mean to say I have to buy the Freighter expansion JUST to get the GE?"

Why am I paraphrasing vs just posting a pic of the forum page like I've done frequently in the past?  If there is anything faster than CS building a pretty external and popping it out for sale to unsuspecting simmers, it's their ability to delete posts in their forum.  Post deleted...in like 2 minutes! 

Seriously guys...they are sitting in that forum post now....actively monitoring it and will zap anything instantaneously that has a hint of "Are you kidding me CS?"

Remember though...one of their customers thinks: "CS should also stand for Customer Service"   LOL

OMG My bad....they didn't delete his post...they only censored it and modified it to fit their propaganda...I had to hit refresh to see it pop back in after they took it off line to alter it....here is the post...with the CS cold reply "Yes...that is exactly how we're going to skin you now that we've hooked you"  Okaaaay....I may have embellished a bit...but you KNOW this is what CS is thinking. 🙂 

ioyCwh.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

14 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

This was their plan all along mind you.  Why were they purposefully skirting all the "Expansion" questions?  Why did they suddenly drop their 767 customer forum behind the curtain after they released the beta?

Right, my point exactly and why I find them devious. I'm speechless because I've never seen this level of manipulation before in the flightsim community and I didn't think CS would even go this far... But you are entirely right: they seem to outdo themselves every single time with ridiculous pricing schemes.

You know, I was flying the PMDG 748 the other day. I happened to buy it at one of their recent sales and therefore got it with 30% off - great deal! People were kind of upset at the time when they released the 748 for 70$ or so, whereas they had said it'd likely be cheaper. But here's the thing: they released the ENTIRE classic 747 lineup, including some rather rare types, with all nuts and bolt, all engine types, dozens of airline customization, for 135$! The more I think about it, the more I'm appreciative of the value that this single package gives you. And now here is the CS767 for the same price, disregarding any sale price, giving you what seems to be a half-baked plane with one engine option, asking you to pay extra for the freighter and the -200. Whoop-dee-doo, CS!

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

3 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Remember though...one of their customers thinks: "CS should also stand for Customer Service"   LOL

In that customers defense I think he implying CS needs to step up and do better.  Not that they do stand for CS but rather should. 

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

On their FB page there is a discussions that the 767-200 and RR engines. 

Dan

6 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

OMG...I was on their announcement page about the "Expansions" and someone had already mentioned (paraphrasing here) "Im not a freighter guy but would like the GEs....you mean to say I have to buy the Freighter expansion JUST to get the GE?"

Why am I paraphrasing vs just posting a pic of the forum page like I've done frequently in the past?  If there is anything faster than CS building a pretty external any pooping it out for sale to unsuspecting simmers, it's their ability to delete posts in their forum.  Post deleted...in like 2 minutes! 

Seriously guys...they are sitting in that forum post now....actively monitoring it and will zap anything instantaneously that has a hint of "Are you kidding me CS?"

Freighter should have been released with the base package end of story even at the $100 price tag.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries