Sign in to follow this  
hs118

An interesting opinion from outside the echo chamber

3 minutes ago, ual763 said:

The guy closed the comments section too, so that nobody can call him out on his b s.

Saw the torches and the pitchforks coming from a distance...😂

• Like 1

Views from outside echo chambers are generally useful, but they have to be assessed along with everything else. I don’t really consider myself to be a raging msfs zealot but this article throws up all the normal sorts of red flags. Very little to no factual information, extreme views designed to grab attention, potential biases to competitors and not from a reputable source. Safe to dismiss, as is 95% of everything on Facebook. Will be interesting to see some considered, constructive criticism of the game when possible, but this certainly isn’t it.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Wow you are correct. I wonder if the MS ninjas took him out or if he realized he was going to get called out on nonsense.

This community is so full of such wonderful humor --- ninjas 😂🤣

• Like 1

BTW, where is the echo chamber?

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Garbage disinformation article, not worthy of being posted at Avsim.

And yes, I'm a real world pilot and a MSFS Alpha tester.

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, ual763 said:

These idiots always hide behind screen names.  Despite the obvious bias towards DCS, the credibility is just not there.  Seriously, we have ACTUAL alpha testers on here (confirmed in the MSFS forums) that say this guy is full of word not allowed and that the sim is very nice.  We have video evidence of the flight dynamics in a spin (one of the best indicators of flight model).  We have top-tier developers (real-life pilots as well) such as Robert Randazzo of PMDG, who have literally stated they will stop developing for everything else EXCEPT MSFS.  Businesses such as PMDG don’t just say that based on a hunch of what the new sim will be.  They KNOW what the new sim will be capable of.  Aerosoft is seemingly enamored by MSFS and definitely plans development for the platform.  Also, CS has stated they will be moving to MSFS, JF wants to, as well as a bunch of other developers...  They have been testing the alpha for a while, yet they still intend to move to MSFS...

I’m inclined to trust these companies/people a lot more than Joe Blow on Facebook who clams he is a “real-World pilot” and/or some random dude’s homemade webpage...

And if you don’t trust these reputable companies, then just go back and ask yourself what stage of development this software is in.  Hint... It’s in freakin ALPHA stage.  

You beat me to this. Those heavyweight content providers are probably more of an indicator of the truth than some nameless individuals who have more time on their hands thanks to the current global state of affairs.

I don’t think that the content providers would be so enthusiastic (for lack of a better term) to develop for an unreleased and unproven product and invest resources unless there was some promise for the platform.

• Like 1

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

20 minutes ago, pracines said:

Correct, however Microsoft is NOTHING without customers, and their products have to suit customers needs, MS Flight is proof of this.

That's true, but nobody knows a lesson like that better than the person or company which actually got its fingers burned from the lesson. MS Flight was a real half-@rsed attempt at trying to please both camps (casual gamers and hardcore flight simmers), which ended up pleasing almost nobody, including Microsoft, so it fell squarely between two stools for having tried that on the cheap. Nobody could accuse MS of doing it on the cheap this time and so it seems to me that they've learned at least that lesson well enough.

Will the new sim be all things to all people? No, of course not, and certainly not right out of the gate before numerous TPDs have had at it with a bunch of inventive and useful add-ons. But in saying that the flight model sucks, that's something which fails to understand what a flight model does and how its parameters work. Everyone knows that decent developers can make more of a flight model than mediocre developers, and with more parameters, as the new sim has, it will obviously be more capable than ESP-based sims are at the moment, and even moreso when some decent developers get their hands on it. If anyone doesn't think that is the case, I invite them to compare the default FSX F/A-18 Hornet with the VRS Superbug F/A-18, or the default B747 with the PMDG 747 and tell me again about how that default flight model sucks and this therefore means there isn't a decent flight sim experience hiding in there somewhere.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As the saying goes "It's still Alpha yet" but he's correct.  NDA forbids further but 'been there done that'.  If '2020' pays attention the 'Beta" should look different.

1 hour ago, skully said:

Garbage disinformation article, not worthy of being posted at Avsim.

A most profound and insightful post. And we wonder where is the echo chamber.

PS Not seeing a lot of Donor tags on these posts. If Avsim is "worthy", pony up, boi-z.

Edited by yurei
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, yurei said:

A most profound and insightful post. 

That's all that trash 'opinion piece' was worth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ual763 said:

These idiots always hide behind screen names.  Despite the obvious bias towards DCS, the credibility is just not there.  Seriously, we have ACTUAL alpha testers on here (confirmed in the MSFS forums) that say this guy is full of word not allowed and that the sim is very nice.  We have video evidence of the flight dynamics in a spin (one of the best indicators of flight model).  We have top-tier developers (real-life pilots as well) such as Robert Randazzo of PMDG, who have literally stated they will stop developing for everything else EXCEPT MSFS.  Businesses such as PMDG don’t just say that based on a hunch of what the new sim will be.  They KNOW what the new sim will be capable of.  Aerosoft is seemingly enamored by MSFS and definitely plans development for the platform.  Also, CS has stated they will be moving to MSFS, JF wants to, as well as a bunch of other developers...  They have been testing the alpha for a while, yet they still intend to move to MSFS...

I’m inclined to trust these companies/people a lot more than Joe Blow on Facebook who clams he is a “real-World pilot” and/or some random dude’s homemade webpage...

And if you don’t trust these reputable companies, then just go back and ask yourself what stage of development this software is in.  Hint... It’s in freakin ALPHA stage.  

I've been waiting for more P3D v5 aircraft to become available. I looked at Simmarket this morning & there were 9 listed. 

I'm beginning to wonder if some aircraft developers with product that works in v4.5 are going to skip v5 & focus on MSFS.

T45

• Like 2

Unfortunately things like control mappings, control sensitivity, user interface, and flight model specifics cannot ever be changed. They are hardwired to Lionels desk at Asobo Studios HQ and certainly will never change. 

Too bad. If only they ran a dedicated program to let people test the software in order to improve upon it. You could call it a first-look, an a-version or maybe, if you want to sound fancy, alpha test where people could participate and provide feedback before the sim is released so that they could tweak it. Such a shame that they dont do such thing. Now we have to live with this beautiful, but inferior sim for all eternity. /s

• Like 8

Just now, MagentaChild said:

Unfortunately things like control mappings, control sensitivity, user interface, and flight model specifics cannot ever be changed. They are hardwired to Lionels desk at Asobo Studios HQ and certainly will never change. 

Too bad. If only they ran a dedicated program to let people test the software in order to improve upon it. You could call it a first-look, an a-version or maybe, if you want to sound fancy, alpha test where people could participate and provide feedback before the sim is released so that they could tweak it. Such a shame that they dont do such thing. Now we have to live with this beautiful, but inferior sim for all eternity. /s

What are you even talking about?  :rolleyes: