Sign in to follow this  
Mochi

ASP3D downloading now

2 hours ago, BMW969 said:

Here is my test

Check your Casting shadow settings.. specially with high SSAA.. with enhanced atmospherics they are a killer of FPS..

S.

2 hours ago, BMW969 said:

And monitor Full HD? 

I am talking about a significant difference in performance.. And cutting off the FPS is not a tricky business. 

I like to have a smooth picture at 50-60 FPS on a 4K monitor. 30 FPS is not enough for me when I turn my head in the cab.

Here is my test

Of course, at Heathrow  on a NGSu 737, the numbers are half as small ))

Alex, the first screenshot with TS on is incredible. In my opinion you can be very happy having such a nice apperancene in 4 K and maintaining around 60 FPS. I´ve tried to say, that i´am not an FPS junkie and it doesn´t matter for me if its 30, 60, or even 120 FPS as long as what i see is absolute smooth an nice. What i also tried to say is, that this is the first significant step with TS and DX12 to shift much more workload from the processor to the GPU which was a major issue in the past where always the CPU was the bottleneck. Even if the overall appearence of the athmospheric visuals are signficantly improved an seem more like the realworld without a need to tweek shaders etc. at the same performance level as we had in 4.5 is already an improvement. But there is more one the way if LM found their way to take the technical advantages out of modern GPU´s.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

I wonder... I have an old ASN license for FSX, recently jumped to P3D v5 (never used v4), if I buy an upgrade license for ASP4 would I be eligible for the new ActiveSky P3D beta / upgrade pathway? 🤔 

20 minutes ago, pao said:

True Sky looks much more realistic on these comparison shots...

indeed this hits exactly the bone. The upper shot looks just realistic  and the lower one more artificial. The haze and the Colours in the first shot have a dramatic influence of immersive apearance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

1 hour ago, FlyingRoo said:

I wonder... I have an old ASN license for FSX, recently jumped to P3D v5 (never used v4), if I buy an upgrade license for ASP4 would I be eligible for the new ActiveSky P3D beta / upgrade pathway? 🤔 

I presume as long as you have a valid ASP4 license (upgrade or otherwise), it would be applicable.  You could ask on HiFiSim site directly, or just try it if you want to take a (probably very low) risk.  I am sure there will be an available upgrade discount even after the initial "free discount" period.

• Like 1

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

4 hours ago, BerndB said:

My guess (and hope 😉) is, that the performance impact of TruSky will decrease with the further evolution of the related DX12 support

I’ve been thinking the same, so we all remember what a resource hog dynamic lighting was when it was first introduced?  I have to imagine there’s a lot more work to come on Trusky.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I’ve been thinking the same, so we all remember what a resource hog dynamic lighting was when it was first introduced?  I have to imagine there’s a lot more work to come on Trusky.

yeah, or when MS first introduced this weird thing "autogen". Uhh, randomly popping up houses and trees, very weird idea and no one saw the advantage at the first sight...

Bernd

Awesome news! I can't wait. Active Sky is a must have for me, this is an essential part of my flight simming experience!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Awesome news! I can't wait. Active Sky is a must have for me, this is an essential part of my flight simming experience!

agree. I was wondering the last 3 weeks how much immanent the live weather injection is for the overall enjoyment of the sim. You miss the things really if you don´t have them. Me too was hitting the HiFi site everyday 10 to 30 times the last 2 weeks.😁 

• Like 2

Bernd

I need to acknowledge the very generous upgrade practices of Hifisim.  I can’t actually remember the last time I paid full price for a version of active sky (maybe active sky 6?), most new products come with a generous discount for previous owners or are a free upgrade altogether.

A class act company for sure.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

AS will be my first payware weather add-on so my expectations are sky high! Especially after reading how much everybody raves about it. I've been using freeware weather my whole life, mostly integrated Jeppison weather. Tired of clouds suddenly appearing and disappearing.

6 hours ago, BMW969 said:

TrueSky strongly squanders FPS. (25-30%) Is it for everyone?

It was okay here when I was using P3D's own weather themes, which I think have only one cloud layer.  But having cloudy weather set with a few cloud layers, as I've just been trying, my frame rate can suffer a bit, but worse, I get multitudes of microstutters. Not big signiificant ones, but ones you tend to have to look for, most noticeable in the side views on my 200 degree FOV screen.

Specs of my system below.

Mind you, P3D5 has allowed me to use Orbx True Earth at last, and it was over London that I was observing these microstutters. It's just that there were none before I enabled True Sky (sorry, "Enhanced Atmospherics").

I haven't decided yet whether I can live with it. I need to fly more but I still have a lot of scenery to install or update for P3D5.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Just my two cents:

I have a rather old GPU (GTX1060 6GB) and I run P3V5 with medium settings with TrueSky enabled. 

I noticed that I have a significant frame decrease when I fly in clear conditions (no clouds ca. 30 FPS). Setting the weather to cloudy and rainy actually improves the FPS on my system (ca. 40-45). 

Disabling TrueSky, I get around 70 FPS. 

So is the beta then part of an installed asp4 or will it be a stand alone deal? I noticed they updated the installer for 4 with a 5.3 updated version. I had uninstalled active sky in anticipation of it being a new client to download after I nixed 4.5 on my system.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

39 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

So is the beta then part of an installed asp4 or will it be a stand alone deal? I noticed they updated the installer for 4 with a 5.3 updated version. I had uninstalled active sky in anticipation of it being a new client to download after I nixed 4.5 on my system.

if your asking will it support 4.5, then the answer is yes it will, but it's no longer ASP4, it's ASP3D (sorry if I mis-interpreted th question)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's