Sign in to follow this  
Mochi

ASP3D downloading now

Just now, BMW969 said:

Thrue Sky strongly squanders FPS. (25-30%) Is it for everyone?

Not for me.. you need to check what this is the case for you.. another point it is called Enhanced Atmospherics.. this is because it enables not only TrueSky but also other atmospherics features / shaders.

I would watch out for the "shadows casting" settings, enabling long distances of this + all their casting settings using Enhanced Atmospherics will push many system over the limit..

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

TrueSky strongly squanders FPS. (25-30%) Is it for everyone?

Well. It depends on some settings within the EA section. But below the line, yes it costs me some FPS too. Ca. 10 to 15 % I would assume (not exactly tested but just switched a couple of times in the sim and saw an impact:

• Cloud Resolution have FPS impact. Especially when switching from Medium to High/Ultra. Medium does look very good to me and is somehow more FPS friendly on my rig
  • Interestingly the visibility range unlimited has moderate FPS impact. Set the range to 50Miles or lower (for all visibilty layers!) has a positive influence to on my setup 
  • Also the Water (wich is not related to Truesky, I know ;-)) has some impact when switching between High and Ultra. The Waves, wich will come on Ultra, must be the source

And I have a pretty powerful setup:

Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.24.34874

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 2004
Installed on 20200501
OS Build 1904.208
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

Latest Nvidia Drivers

HMD VR WMR HP Reverb v2
i7 9700K all cores to 5.0 GhZ
32 GB RAM 3600 MhZ Corsair Vengeance
RTX Titan 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor using highest resolution

Addons

ChasePlane (via ORBX)
GSX 2
ORBX Base
ORBX LC
ORBX TE NL
ORBX Regions
ORBX HD Buildings
ORBX HD Trees
Several Addon Aiports all by .xml method installed

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

My guess (and hope 😉) is, that the performance impact of TruSky will decrease with the further evolution of the related DX12 support, GPU Driver and algorythm behind all this. Because an RTX 20something GPU schould easily cope with the shading, volumetric and raytracing demands of this new feature, it´s not optimized enough yet, but will. Honestly i haven´t notice performance decrease by the use of it in my setup, but this could also depend on, that my P3D has not to handle any controllers, nor gauges or cockpits etc, jut only the "world outside"

• Like 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

My guess (and hope 😉) is, that the performance impact of TruSky will decrease with the further evolution of the related DX12 support, GPU Driver and algorythm behind all this. Because an RTX 20something GPU schould easily cope with the shading, volumetric and raytracing demands of this new feature, it´s not optimized enough yet, but will. Honestly i haven´t notice performance decrease by the use of it in my setup, but this could also depend on, that my P3D has not to handle any controllers, nor gauges or cockpits etc, jut only the "world outside"

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

Bernd

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

Whose system?  Ain't happening here...:)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Honestly i haven´t notice performance decrease by the use of it in my setup, but this could also depend on, that my P3D has not to handle any controllers, nor gauges or cockpits etc, jut only the "world outside"

Please show the FPS of the same place with TrueSky turned on and off

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

6 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Please show the FPS of the same place with TrueSky turned on and off

My P3D is locked to 30 FPS and stays on 30 with or without TrueSky. Anything else doesn´t really matter for me as long as i have no stutters.

Edited by BerndB
  • Upvote 1

Bernd

26 minutes ago, BerndB said:

My P3D is locked to 30 FPS and stays on 30 with or without TrueSky. Anything else doesn´t really matter for me as long as i have no stutters.

And monitor Full HD? 

I am talking about a significant difference in performance.. And cutting off the FPS is not a tricky business. 

I like to have a smooth picture at 50-60 FPS on a 4K monitor. 30 FPS is not enough for me when I turn my head in the cab.

Here is my test

Of course, at Heathrow  on a NGSu 737, the numbers are half as small ))

1cdko2.jpg

2p3jjb.jpg

Edited by BMW969

@BMW969 Trusky does hit the gpu quite hard, that drop seems normal based on my experience.

Edit: Try reducing gpu heavy features, like SSAA.

Edited by Kaan KASIM

Hi,

Changing subject slightly, is there any expected impact do you think on the support of the weather radar found in the cockpits of PMDG products for example with this new release of ASP3D?

Not sure how much this is redesign or evolution of the previous AS product?

Cheers
Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

And monitor Full HD? 

I am talking about a significant difference in performance.. And cutting off the FPS is not a tricky business. 

I like to have a smooth picture at 50-60 FPS on a 4K monitor. 30 FPS is not enough for me when I turn my head in the cab.

Here is my test

<images cut for quote>

Have you tried turning the cloud resolution down to Medium for Enhanced Atmospherics? Makes a significant performance difference for little visual difference,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looking forward to this version, it seems to be a PERFECT moment to install ActiveSky on a client PC as it gets rid of SIMCONNECT for Client-Server use.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

18 minutes ago, Prpn said:

Have you tried turning the cloud resolution down to Medium for Enhanced Atmospherics? Makes a significant performance difference for little visual difference,

I did not use cloudy weather. I'm waiting ActiveSky

True Sky looks much more realistic on these comparison shots...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

too much, too soon....