Sign in to follow this  
pgde

Ultimate Traffic Live Version 2

10 hours ago, AnkH said:

Lets face it, the only real advantage of UT products is that AI follows some kind of airways and not basic A to B as .bgl based traffic. Everything else you get with AIGAIM.

give us till the end of the year and you will get that for free in AIMOCI (for some airlines at the beginning as well). I have no idea who UTL is generating and saving this routes, but it is a very hugh task to keep them updated based on NOTAMs etc.

• Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

The advantag of UTL is that with one click you have a whole Ai package if you like to run a flight simulator not a AI traffic simulator 🤪

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SKEWR said:

One thing I really like about UTL is that once you spend a ton of time adding liveries, you can pretty much forget about anything else. You start P3D and then you have AI.

Exact same feeling here. I spent few minutes replacing default UTL AI models by FLAI, as well as replacing GA traffics by the free Orbx NA GA Traffic... and that’s it. I can fly anywhere in the world and be surprise by AI liveries I never met before without installing thinks accordingly and see small general aviation traffics filling my virtual world. I think I also found the right balance in term of performance In P3D v5 with my 65% Liners and 100% GA. Yes, I fly small aircrafts only and enjoy being mixed in US airspace with liners.

UTL is overall a patience exercice for customers. And we should better not monitor any forums for Flight1 news. So much announcement without delivery in reasonable time.

The last v2 announcement is great news because it’s free for v1 users (AFAIK) and because I really enjoy v1. But if v2 was to be purchased, I would have a different loyalty behavior toward the brand.

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

8 hours ago, F737NG said:

AIG:

• has a better selection of AI models
  • uses AI models that come with soundpacks
  • has more up-to-date liveries
  • has more up-to-date schedules
  • is easier to add / update / remove / delete paints and schedules
  • has more chance of being updated in a respectable timeframe
  • is FREE (please donate though).

Those are plenty of reasons for people (me included) to have chucked UTL into the bin.

You forgot to mention AIG is up to date, i.e. AIG AI plans are using up to date ICAO codes (payware offerings are still using outdated codes - FAJS, FADN, etc).

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

15 hours ago, GCBraun said:

What is exactly a Power Pack for UTL Live? Do we need to manually update Airports like shown in the video?

Power Pack gives you the ability to create your own custom flight plans with selected aircraft. It was a key component of the previous version UT2 which until now never made it to UT Live.

I held off on purchasing UT Live because of this and, as someone mentioned in the thread, the slow development/update path and went for AIG instead.

One other consideration that turned me off UT was that you could not define the AI database to be located on any other driver that 😄 and that d/base was huge! Not sure if this changed in the meantime??

Let see what the new version of UT provides.

Cheers
Mark

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

On 5/10/2020 at 10:00 AM, F737NG said:

AIG:

• has a better selection of AI models
  • uses AI models that come with soundpacks
  • has more up-to-date liveries
  • has more up-to-date schedules
  • is easier to add / update / remove / delete paints and schedules
  • has more chance of being updated in a respectable timeframe
  • is FREE (please donate though).

Those are plenty of reasons for people (me included) to have chucked UTL into the bin.

How is it on Frame rates I wonder compared to UTlive, does it cover AI Commercial and GA traffic for Australia

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

18 hours ago, rob0203 said:

The advantag of UTL is that with one click you have a whole Ai package if you like to run a flight simulator not a AI traffic simulator 🤪

Other Rob, you do realize that The “OCI” bit in AIGOCI is “One Click Installer”?

It’s very different from the old days of having to manually add all sorts of things.

If you want up to date liveries and routes, AIG involves far less clicks than UT “Live”.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, suchw said:

How is it on Frame rates I wonder compared to UTlive, does it cover AI Commercial and GA traffic for Australia

Thanks

Wayne

That's one of the trade-offs of the better models from AIG - it's a much more significant FPS hit than UTL.

On 5/9/2020 at 4:43 PM, SKEWR said:

Well, what's the benefit over UTL? Is it easier to add liveries? Is it easier to add schedules? Not being sarcastic, but basically what's so good about AIG over UTL?

One of the biggest things is that you don't have do any of that. There's no liveries or schedules to add yourself, they are already as up to date as you can get without having to get airline schedules and paint your own liveries yourself. The models used by AIG aren't FSX leftovers like they are with UTL, they are fully up to date and compiled to work specifically with P3d V4+. 

As an example, UTL includes 1 livery for the Easyjet A320 that hasn't been used since 2011 and 1 livery for the A319. There aren't any Airbus sharklet or Neo models at all in UTL. There's also no Easyjet Europe or Switzerland included at all.

AIG includes 60 different liveries between the 3 Easy airline variants from the A319, A320, A320SL, A320/A321 Neo. 

Yes, you can download and install them all manually in UTL and do all of the work yourself, but with AIG's freeware you can just let it do it for you. You can wait for a new season or livery update to come out in the next 12-48 months for UTL (maybe never), whereas it's common for AIG's AI Manager to have a few updates a month. I know personally I ran it yesterday and checked it again today and there was 5 new updates and about 6 new GA/Bizjet operators added. 5 mins later, it's all completed.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Upvote 3

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

10 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

That's one of the trade-offs of the better models from AIG - it's a much more significant FPS hit than UTL.

You do know why there's a bigger hit over UTL? It all comes down to the number of aircraft in your traffic bubble. UTL might inject 40-120 aircraft at 100% whereas AIG's traffic will easily display 2-3 times that at 100%. If you take 40, 80, 100 etc from UTL and 40, 80, 100 from AIG, there's no difference in performance. Tune it to suit the needs of you and your PC.

Edited by Dave_YVR

UTL also comes with the much-vaunted “live” features that AIG doesn’t have.

For example, just like in the real world a flight might be cancelled, which you’ll notice if you’re familiar with 2016 airline schedules.

Or, adding further to the realism, a specific flight may be delayed, for example an Easyjet Airbus from 2011 might finally arrive at its destination and you’ll be there to see it!

• Like 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

4 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Other Rob, you do realize that The “OCI” bit in AIGOCI is “One Click Installer”?

It’s very different from the old days of having to manually add all sorts of things.

If you want up to date liveries and routes, AIG involves far less clicks than UT “Live”.

Yes, I tried it but then I needed to login to all kind of sites and do a lot of stuff. I found the term one click installer a bit misleading, or did I miss something?

will try again 

51 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

but then I needed to login to all kind of sites and do a lot of stuff.

I think there are 3 or 4 sites to sign-in to, 2 of which are the Avsim and Flightsim.com libraries. Once AI Manager has the model it doesn't have to go back again. Its not nearly as difficult as it sounds.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

I think there are 3 or 4 sites to sign-in to, 2 of which are the Avsim and Flightsim.com libraries. Once AI Manager has the model it doesn't have to go back again. Its not nearly as difficult as it sounds.

Ok thanks! I will give it a try!

How is the performance? Traffic global I also tried but it had a massive FPS dip at night because of the lighting of the models!

3 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Yes, I tried it but then I needed to login to all kind of sites and do a lot of stuff. I found the term one click installer a bit misleading, or did I miss something?

will try again 

You should only need to log in to 3 sites (including the Avsim library), and you only do this once as the program stores your cookies for future downloads.

Adding traffic with WOAI or AIG used to be a chore - I did it with WOAI long ago, and then moved to payware for many years.

I'm now back to freeware as I'm so impressed with AIG's current approach, and that's coming from someone who owns MT6, Traffic Global, UT2 and UT Live. 

• Like 1

Oz