Sign in to follow this  
CaptainNick

New v5 Freeware...Flight Replica’s Super Cub

Gorgeous!!!  I lover their FSX Super Cub Ultra package, and I've been waiting for a good replacement for the trusty RealAir Scout in P3D.  Downloading this one now...

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

I installed this for P3Dv4.5HF2 using the addon xml method (outside the sim), and it seems to work quite well.  PBR is there, and the aircraft all looks and works well (nothing wonky or missing parts).  Flys very nice... and be ready for some "memorable" pitch action when dropping the flaps. :ohmy:

Thanks Flight Replicas for a great Super Cub!

Greg

Edited by lownslo

Gorgeous Bush Plane 🙂

Thank You very much Flight Replicas!.

Ramón

Nice plane!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1 hour ago, lownslo said:

I installed this for P3Dv4.5HF2 using the addon xml method (outside the sim), and it seems to work quite well.  PBR is there, and the aircraft all looks and works well (nothing wonky or missing parts).  Flys very nice... and be ready for some "memorable" pitch action when dropping the flaps. :ohmy:

Greg

No issues then? I stopped short when it asked for the v5 folder during the install.

- Aaron

2 hours ago, slait said:

No issues then? I stopped short when it asked for the v5 folder during the install.

No Issues for me (4.5 HF3).

I pre-created the folder in my custom external Add-ins path and installed into it.

e.g. H:\Addons_P3D\01.Aircraft\Flight-Replicas\SuperCub

Added my own bit of add-on.xml for the super cub itself to the above path.

Added H:\Addons_P3D\01.Aircraft\Flight-Replicas as a discovery path to the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

And start your engines :-) nice plane and I was actually thinking a Super Cub would be nice having just gotten the A2A PBR Cub.

852066B9D859E3592D5E5D293222F4140E48E927E8DF58DBB82E13264C7F9C5576825F7F3897D214

And the A2A cub for reference

0DAD3CB4FA3508375E5874D31E9FCB32A33C69A4

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Thank you! Another website bookmarked! 🙂

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

6 hours ago, lownslo said:

Greg

You could just redirect the install folder to your Root P3Dv4....

Does not show up in my v4.5. Where am I going amiss, please?

Very nice aircraft which installed without problems. But during my first flight I observed a couple of things. First I can`t hear the engine sound in cockpit. Second the rudder pedals almost don't move when I move my rudder fully to either side. Both are quite different from flying the real Super Cub😀.
Has anybody the same experience, and can it be adjusted?
Tor Arild Danielsen

3 hours ago, adaniel said:

Very nice aircraft which installed without problems. But during my first flight I observed a couple of things. First I can`t hear the engine sound in cockpit. Second the rudder pedals almost don't move when I move my rudder fully to either side. Both are quite different from flying the real Super Cub😀.
Has anybody the same experience, and can it be adjusted?
Tor Arild Danielsen

I've had neither issue.

The engine is very audible in the cockpit and is much more audible when the window is open.

I do run A2A's Accu-Feel which I suppose will have an effect.

The rudder pedals move and the rudder throw looks fine, both are compariable to what the A2A cub has.

Otherwise I'd check/confirm P3D controller dead spots and engine sound levels.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

11 hours ago, vc10man said:

Does not show up in my v4.5. Where am I going amiss, please?

Doh, my silly mistake🤣.Self-answered.