Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

1 minute ago, MatthewS said:

Videos.

But they have given you videos and if they don't think they are ready to show you anymore then I'm sorry to tell you that they don't answer to you.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

More videos

I think that speaks more to enthusiast insatiability, than to a lack of effort on Asobos part.

• Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just now, HiFlyer said:

I think that speaks more to enthusiast insatiability, than to a lack of effort on Asobos part.

I'm inclined to agree. Don't get me wrong, I would happily watch more from them because I'm a flight sim nerd but I completely understand why they don't want to saturate the potential market with videos. I wouldn't do it either because I would want the release to have a ground shattering launch. If people become over familiar with the product before it launches then much of the wow-factor will be lost. It's just the way it works.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

31 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

and unlit buildings.

I didn't even know that I had to keep the lights on in my house all night. 

• Like 3

Just now, Jazz said:

But they have given you videos and if they don't think they are ready to show you anymore then I'm sorry to tell you that they don't answer to you.

Thankfully, we have lots of alpha leak videos to watch instead.

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

No, it's definitely a lack of effort on Asobo's part. We should be getting a new video every week, they don't even have to produce it, just let one of the many alpha testers produce it, like SimTom (?) ... All Asobo needs to do is make it available on the website every week, like with the screenshots.

• Like 1

Matthew S

1 minute ago, Deleted said:

🤣

2 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Thankfully, we have lots of alpha leak videos to watch instead.

No, it's definitely a lack of effort on Asobo's part. We should be getting a new video every week, they don't even have to produce it, just let one of the many alpha testers produce it, like SimTom (?) ... All Asobo needs to do is make it available on the website every week, like with the screenshots.

they don't have to do F all for us. If they produce weekly, you guys would find the way to complain is not enough anyway.  go to sleep and come back in 6 months.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

11 minutes ago, Deleted said:

Try watching the video.  The foreground is dark (buildings are unlit) while in the distance the ground is lit (presumably no 3D buildings out there but the ground texture still lit up).  Doesn't look right and rather disappointing.  It seems to be the same "autogen popping" we are used to with P3D/FSX.   Maybe the user has a POS machine, but then how did he get access to the alpha?

6 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

they don't have to do F all for us. If they produce weekly, you guys would find the way to complain is not enough anyway.  go to sleep and come back in 6 months.

They can't even "link" weekly videos produced by the community. How long have we been waiting for Asobos IFR video, delayed over a month now?  Their failure to produce (or even link community produced) videos leaves a gaping hole that is filled by the leak videos.

Edited by MatthewS
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S

So what ? it's alpha. Since I am part of alpha , I can tell you there is more important to fix right now than IFR.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

How long have we been waiting for Asobos IFR video, delayed over a month now?

Coronavirus...........

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Lets not forget one thing that the only reason they are communicating this much with the community atm is because they literally abandoned their product for 10 years and hence people lost faith in the brand. Flight Sim has a niche market and the only reason they premiered their product at E3 (a gaming show) so that it could reach a vast audience. People who knew nothing about flight simming now want to get into it. But keeping those interested who never had any prior experience of flight simming is no easy task. Realizing this, they came up with this insider thing and weekly updates where they show you a ton of eye candy. The hype train keeps going.

Not saying I dont appreciate the weekly updates but they are definitely not doing this only so that the people on avsim can be happy. Honestly I couldnt care less about those pretty screenshots. As a die hard simmer I want to know about the systems depth(which I am sure it is there) but seriously dont fool yourself into thinking that those weekly updates are aimed at the core flight simming community. All that is straight up marketing and nothing less. They have a much wider target audience. Remember that its releasing on xbox too which will be their main source of sales. There are hundred and thousands of people who are interested in MSFS who dont visit avsim or other flight simming forums. 

Also to those who are still not in the alpha and registered day one like me, dont be surprised if you dont get to test the product up until the open beta. We are least of their worries right now. They have 200 devs and 10k+ alpha participants at the moment. That is already a huge number for an alpha.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

So what ? it's alpha. Since I am part of alpha , I can tell you there is more important to fix right now than IFR.

That explains your "I'm alright Jack" attitude.

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

Coronavirus...........

So link community produced videos instead.

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

3 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

They have 200 devs and 10k+ alpha participants at the moment. That is already a huge number for an alpha.

10,000+ "alpha testers"? That's a ridiculous number, so what are they collecting from them, telemetry?   They should open the "alpha" to everyone immediately.... 10,000 or 50,000 "alpha testers" it makes no difference.

Edited by MatthewS
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S

10 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Try watching the video.  The foreground is dark (buildings are unlit) while in the distance the ground is lit (presumably no 3D buildings out there but the ground texture still lit up).  Doesn't look right and rather disappointing.  It seems to be the same "autogen popping" we are used to with P3D/FSX.   Maybe the user has a POS machine, but then how did he get access to the alpha?

You’re criticising a leaked video of a product that’s still in alpha and yet in the same breath you wonder why Asobo aren’t releasing more as you demand. Do you know see the irony in that?... Why would Asobo publish footage which just isn’t ready yet, why open themselves up for such unnecessary criticism. We all want more  but like my mum would say tea will be ready when it’s ready go eat an apple!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2