Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

3 minutes ago, Deleted said:

I think it isn't easy. Aerodynamics is currently "calculated" over the surfaces. If these move, can it be difficult, especially for the processor?

I'm not sure about that. X-plane simulates it decently well and I run it just fine. Of course, with the increase in realism in the aerodynamics, it would probably put a load on the processor. I do believe wing flex is key to an accurate simulator though, it just seems to add something.

The thread of the new weekly update has 4 pages of discussion while this thread of the leaked footage has 12 pages of discussion, ranging from praise to unfair criticism of unfinished product in Alpha. 

I guess that’s why they’re extremely selective about what they decide to show and communicate. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

The thread of the new weekly update has 4 pages of discussion while this thread of the leaked footage has 12 pages of discussion, ranging from praise to unfair criticism of unfinished product in Alpha. 

I guess that’s why they’re extremely selective about what they decide to show and communicate. 

this is because microsoft is making fun of us with this false alpha which is only for marketing and which distributes screenshoot to us drop by drop. What we want it's dynamic content or open beta , not screenshoot

• Like 3

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

if this is an false alpha, what was I playing yesterday ?  You guys needs to exercise a bit of patience. It still very much an alpha in terms of functionality. There is a reason why it's not a beta yet. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 6

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Just now, FAZZ3 said:

What they show in the updates is not exempt of flaws either, to their credit. But I think that some at the PR team have still to make the conceptual breakthrough that we are simmers, at least here, not art collectors. We are interested in moving stuff 😋

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

by false I mean that it is an alpha where the users are not listened there there is only to see the forum insight it does not have much intervention of developers.

To be frank, I think the only use of testers at this stage is to run the sim for telemetry (server load, stability, etc.). Developers are aware of concerns well before distributing their built, it takes less than 3 minutes to detect them ...

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

I think you have a very cynical view. My experience of any alpha I was ever part of. There is always a minority that are more vocals than others that DEMAND things or complain for every single little things. They forgot this is very much a work in progress. The dev doesn't owe anyone anything in terms of communication and feedback at this point. They are under zero obligations to communicate their plan.

I will not comment on the current state of the alpha. I am sure there is some disgruntle person who feel who needs to shout to the top of his lung that the thread on the cesna tire are innacurate and make the sim unusable.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

7 hours ago, Shack95 said:

I love that Donegal approach and landing. Yes, slightly too many trees and wrong architecture (I first thought it was in Norway), but if you don‘t know the place inside out it looks incredibly real. The overall atmosphere is just phenomenal. 

I missed that one. Bilibili ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I missed that one. Bilibili ?

Yes, same channel as the VOR video.

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

3 hours ago, AflyingDoge said:

Don't get me wrong, all of the footage looks absolutely stunning, can't wait to get my hands on this baby when it's out. But I am concerned about the (lack?) of wing flex in the Airbus. It seemed to me there was little or none, and for how much it was moving around there should be some visible wing flex. I feel like this point was raised in earlier replies, and I agree. Hopefully Asobo puts accurate wing flex on its list of features before release.

The wing flex behavior of the aircraft is most likely still in full development mode. On several screenshots from somewhat older official updates and in one of the leaked videos you can see the A320neo flexing its muscles ... err wings, I mean, while on the ground and in the hangar. In the update from last week you can see that there is no wing flex on the ground anymore so that shows they're still working on it. I also seem to remember a total lack of wing flex while airborne some weeks back.

3 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

There wasn't much to discuss in yesterday's update. If anything, the difference in response to these threads shows that people are used to screenshots by now and are more eager to see video footage.

Edited by threegreen
  • Upvote 4

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Hi guys long time reader, first time poster! All I can say is :- It would be nice to see some official videos rather than screenshots each week. From what I've seen in the leaked footage there's nothing to hide and the game looks totally and utterly awesome!

KNOCKKNOCK

Ms devs are you there and reading this? Let's see some moving eye candy 

• Like 3

People should send video and screenshot requests to the user on Bilibili. 

Frankly, he's doing a better job than Asobo, giving the community something more interesting to look at than a few screenshots every week.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

Matthew S

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

Frankly, he's doing a better job than Asobo, giving the community something more interesting to look at than a few screenshots every week.

+1 i can't say better 

• Like 1

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

+1

I've been watching more times those leaked vids than official screenshots.

At these speed I won't see any similar until release.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

I hate to say it, but I agree.  Because of this leaker I finally got to see some real flight videos from MFS.  Approaches, takeoffs, patterns, weather, hangar shots, all on video and not just in static pics.

It's honestly been great.  Now if only Asobo was providing us with the media instead of an NDA breaker.  They'd generate so much more buzz with official media like this.

Ah well.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2