Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Temporarily disabling UGCX

Hi Manuel,

Would it be possible to include an option in (one of) the next version to (temporarily) disable UGCX? 

Best,
Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

47 minutes ago, byork said:

Disable it how?  You need trigger the action in UGCX, so if you don't want something to happen, don't trigger it.

Unless I'm missing something 🙂

One needs to trigger the actions in FS2Crew, too :). By disabling UGCX I mean to disable it from loading at P3D startup. That's what you missed 🙂

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

The only way you could do that would be to edit the DLL.xml.

But I still don't see the point in temporarily disabling it.  If you don't want to use a UGCX function on  a flight or leg, etc, just don't trigger it.

Cheers,

1 minute ago, byork said:

The only way you could do that would be to edit the DLL.xml.

But I still don't see the point in temporarily disabling it.  If you don't want to use a UGCX function on  a flight or leg, etc, just don't trigger it.

Cheers,

The point is, that when/if I don't want to use  UGCX I don't need the TSR to load at P3D's startup, saving a few mbytes of memory. Look at at this way, why do you have an option to enable/disable FS2Crew in its menu? Just for the same reason I'd like such an option for UGCX.  Having such an option would prevent juggling about with the DLL.xml.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Hey Hans,

1 hour ago, hvw said:

juggling about with the DLL.xml.

Let's say we make the option, you would still need to mess with UGCX.ini to enable it again. I mean, it would be like not messing with DLL.XML but now with UGCX.ini. If UGCX doesn't loads at startup it wont be able to show the menu neither anything else during the time you are running P3D, you would need to start P3D again, to then load it. with the DLL.XML it's as easy as just open it with notepad, and where the UGCX section is....in the <Disabled> tag...just set it to <Disabled>True</Disabled> and it will not load at P3D startup. When you need it to load at P3D startup just change it to: <Disabled>False</Disabled>

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

I would suggest you look at SimStarter (Aerosoft).  I believe this program can control the XML and all startup programs, scenery ,etc. automatically so you don't need to mess around with anything.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

7 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I would suggest you look at SimStarter (Aerosoft).  I believe this program can control the XML and all startup programs, scenery ,etc. automatically so you don't need to mess around with anything.

That's a very nice idea!. I don't have SimStarter yet, but I heard of it sometime back!

Manuel

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Manuel82 said:

Hey Hans,

Let's say we make the option, you would still need to mess with UGCX.ini to enable it again. I mean, it would be like not messing with DLL.XML but now with UGCX.ini. If UGCX doesn't loads at startup it wont be able to show the menu neither anything else during the time you are running P3D, you would need to start P3D again, to then load it. with the DLL.XML it's as easy as just open it with notepad, and where the UGCX section is....in the <Disabled> tag...just set it to <Disabled>True</Disabled> and it will not load at P3D startup. When you need it to load at P3D startup just change it to: <Disabled>False</Disabled>

Cheers,

Manuel

Hi Mauel,

And that's exactly how I intended it t be. Before I start P3d enable/disable UGCX thru it's menu that sits on the desktop :). (Just like the FS2Crew menu option). But no problem, I'll just modify the DLL.xml accordingly, on/off by a menu option would be less work for me though :). Thanks for listening anyhow.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

13 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will use Lorby's AddonManager then instead of an internal (desktop) UGCX menu option.

Later: Unfortunately UGCX doesn't show up in Lorby's AddonManager. Brushing off Notepad++ as we speak.

Edited by hvw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

We could probably create an external exe that could change the <Disabled> tag only for UGCX...but that would be like creating a program just for doing that, when there are other applications like SimStarter...that does the same and better. And also, if we mess the DLL.XML ..then we could be running into issues.

hhehehe  🙂

Manuel

spacer.png

Me too, I can certainly recomend simstarter. Very usefull if you want different configurations for different situations.

Cheers,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

25 minutes ago, Manuel82 said:

We could probably create an external exe that could change the <Disabled> tag only for UGCX...but that would be like creating a program just for doing that, when there are other applications like SimStarter...that does the same and better. And also, if we mess the DLL.XML ..then we could be running into issues.

hhehehe  🙂

Manuel

No, thanks,Manuell. It is alright, it is not all that much of a hassle to have Notepad++ make some modifications to DLL.xml, moreover I probably will only use it once todisablee/enable UGCX.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

3 minutes ago, seahorse said:

Me too, I can certainly recomend simstarter. Very usefull if you want different configurations for different situations.

Cheers,
Luc

Thanks Luc, I most certainly will have a look at it.

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe