Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

You're gonna land where???!

😲

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Stand by when he decides to get out of there.  Best bet is to remove the wings and haul it out on a flat bed.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

19 minutes ago, jmdriskell said:

Stand by when he decides to get out of there.  Best bet is to remove the wings and haul it out on a flat bed.

Nah...That was nothing. A real Pilot would have made that landing with no flaps. One thing for sure. If he were living in Texas he would have the biggest belt buckle in the state...LOL! Man I would be afraid to even walk down that "runway".....never wanted to be anywhere on this earth that bad!!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I'd think twice at putting a chopper down in there, let alone a fixed wing aeroplane.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

He’s done that a few times before, that’s for sure. The landing gear is taking a fair beating also. In “Lycoming We Trust” above those tree tops 🙂

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

The question remains "why?"

David Porrett

He has just 3 mins to unload the contraband and be back in the sky.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jethro said:

He has just 3 mins to unload the contraband and be back in the sky.

However, on the plus side, no DEA pilots are prepared to fly where he goes, so if he takes off and goes to another airstrip, they'll have to chase him on horseback.

Of course taking off is going to be the hard part, because that first row of trees he went between on the landing took three feet off each wingtip.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I know the video wasn't the best quality, but the fact that he could spot the strip from the air, let alone land on it!! WOW! Yes, I want to see a takeoff from there!! 😎

14 hours ago, Chock said:

I'd think twice at putting a chopper down in there, let alone a fixed wing aeroplane.

I'd be wanting a Daisy Cutter kicked out the back of a C-130 prior to a chopper landing. 😉

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Maybe not but it sure cleans out the underbrush and anything else within about a 1000 feet.

1 minute ago, jmdriskell said:

Maybe not but it sure cleans out the underbrush and anything else within about a 1000 feet.

Pretty hard on the propeller when your plane doubles as a lawn mower........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I recommend the book, "My Heart Is Africa: Three Years with the Flying Doctors" by Scott Griffin for real life adventures flying into undeveloped airstrips that must be similar to the road the guy above landed on.  In fact, the book is a very interesting read about a doctor who flew his Cessna 185 solo from Canada to Kenya.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HighBypass said:

I know the video wasn't the best quality, but the fact that he could spot the strip from the air, let alone land on it!! WOW! Yes, I want to see a takeoff from there!! 😎

I'd be wanting a Daisy Cutter kicked out the back of a C-130 prior to a chopper landing. 😉

I’ve watched the video a few times to try and pick up some visual landmark cues other than tree tops. Fairly narrow field of view in the video and I really can’t see anything other than trees. I assume there are visual cues from something other than trees if we had a wider field of view and from a higher altitude. If that was any part of a normal circuit it appears that we see the last bit of base to a very short final. As Jethro said, 3 minutes to unload or load contraband and then we’re out of here. Vegetation reminds me of Nicaragua or Columbia?

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K