Sign in to follow this  
highflyer2020

JULY 9TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

2 hours ago, ludekbrno said:

We can discuss without NDA break, because we have enough informations from official video. So it's sure, that default jet will be on much higher level, than before. Maybe you not saw all vids?

Didn’t I just say that even a higher level than before might still be very lacking? 

If you’re honestly trying to base this purely on the videos, I dunno what to tell you.

Edited by flycln

6 minutes ago, flycln said:

Didn’t I just say that even a higher level than before might still be very lacking? 

If you’re honestly trying to base this purely on the videos, I dunno what to tell you.

I’m not in the alpha so I don’t have your inside knowledge but let’s remember this isn’t a finish product so there is plenty of improvements that will be made and judging by the updates improvements are coming at a quick pace. Yes it’s released in a month but it’s clear that this is a long term project and aircraft will continue to be improved overtime. Do I think they will reach payware PMDG level no I don’t and they don’t need to either. A vast amount of users will be happy somewhere in the middle, the hardcore simmers of course will not and there’ll be a market for them also.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, flycln said:

On a completely new level, huh? 

The only way you could really judge that would be to have tested them. But there’s an NDA in place. Which might also keep me from telling you what I think about the default planes in MSFS. 

Let’s just put it this way: I’m not going to fly any default airliners in MSFS. 

Why not try it before judging it?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flycln said:

And I would say that if you are trying to judge the sim based on alpha...I dunno what to tell you. It is pretty evident now that the alpha builds may have been significantly hobbled with respect to some features and functionality given what we now know to be in the release a little more than a month away. Not everyone requires the system behind every button and switch to be modeled. Will enough be modeled to give a reasonable taste of flying a transport category aircraft? I dunno, but it's too early to say that the default planes are not sophisticated enough to give 80% of the user base a satisfying experience.  

(and yes, I'm in the alpha too)

• Like 2

Chris

4 hours ago, flycln said:

I don't say, that default plane will be the same level as PMDG. I'm sure not. But I'm sure, that default jet will be on much higher level, than previously. And yes, confirmed informations from vids are enough. Especially IFR discover episode.

8 hours ago, flycln said:

Let’s just put it this way: I’m not going to fly any default airliners in MSFS. 

It seems clear that @flycin is only interested in 3PD aircraft and that's fine. After all these 3PDs need punters to buy their products. Despite @flycin's dismissive attitude to the MFS default aircraft they do seem to have been created at a higher quality level than previous default aircraft in FSX, P3D & XP which means some 3PDs will need to work harder to justify their prices.

Some of us (many?) may well find these default aircraft mostly adequate for our needs and thus be less inclined to look elsewhere for other aircraft which again means that some 3PDs will need to offer better value for money if they want us to buy their products. All that said, if someone really wants a particular aircraft that isn't already available in MFS then that's what 3PDs are there to provide. 

• Like 6

Give people power to really test their personality.

In xplane I fly the Zibo which has a fairly deep (and always improving) performance calculation system. And an FMS that fairly closely matches the real world. I enjoy flight prep and plugging in all the numbers. Also calling for the fuel truck etc. But mainly I enjoy flight planning, taking off and landing, and staying ahead of the plane ie approaches etc. From the airbus video (ATC discovery vid) it seems like there is enough there to scratch most of those itches. I still will go back and forth to zibo/xplane but I think I will enjoy myself in mfs2020. 

The planes I fly as a whole in xplane currently have a wide range of depth and I dont feel like I'm being shorted with the weaker planes. I flew the hotstart tbm last night and enjoyed that. And I did a couple round Robin Ksna-ksna IFR practice flight and hand flew the 20R slant alpha.. full procedure from SLI in the default 6-pack 172 a couple days ago.. (havent installed the REP yet in vulcan so 100% default) . And enjoyed the experience. 

As long as I can do some level of cold and dark, I'm pretty sure I can enjoy the default fs2020 airbus.. at least until a better add on comes along 

• Like 1

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

4 hours ago, Wewk584 said:

As long as I can do some level of cold and dark, I'm pretty sure I can enjoy the default fs2020 airbus.. at least until a better add on comes along 

I’m in the same boat.

I think if the quality of the systems in the planes is at least 3/4 the quality of Zibo, I’ll have trouble justifying going back to X-Plane. It’s the same reason I started using the Zibo on XP11 instead of the PMDG 737 on P3D... XP looked significantly better and the flight dynamics felt much better too. And the free sceneries and sim modifications were awesome. I’m willing to sacrifice a little bit of system realism if it means everything else is far more immersive, which it’s pretty obvious will be the case with the new sim.

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 7:52 PM, SamYeager said:

It seems clear that @flycin is only interested in 3PD aircraft and that's fine. After all these 3PDs need punters to buy their products. Despite @flycin's dismissive attitude to the MFS default aircraft they do seem to have been created at a higher quality level than previous default aircraft in FSX, P3D & XP which means some 3PDs will need to work harder to justify their prices.

The NDA is still in place so all I can say is: Please, for your own sake, don't judge the sim by the videos of the default aircraft and features you think they have based on that.

I will not be flying any of the default aircraft in MSFS.