Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
highflyer2020

JULY 9TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Kenjiro75 said:

I'm sooo disappointed... I really believed Cessna CJ4 will be added to MSFS as in early announcements, but I guess everyone has already forgotten about that bizjet. Not even a word from Asobo... So as the next step is closed beta, we can assume, that the CJ4 is gone...?

There are several aircraft which seem absent from the apha : the Icon A5, the Murdy Cap 10C, the CJ4 and the PA18 Cub. Too early to draw any conclusion, I surmise that they still are on the working bench.

  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 - Prepar3D v3 on a 4770 @ 4.4 GHz and a 1080 @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals -

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's up with the never ending obsession with the watermarks?  Everyone in this Forum must know,  or should know that they are only embedded to enforce the NDA, and will be GONE once this new sim is released to the cash-paying public!  Can you all give it a rest? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

What's up with the never ending obsession with the watermarks?  Everyone in this Forum must know,  or should know that they are only embedded to enforce the NDA, and will be GONE once this new sim is released to the cash-paying public!  Can you all give it a rest? 

Nah, Bruh, 'cuz...

immersion.jpg

  • Like 1

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll take the sim as is right now.
 
Once we can purchase PMDG’s NGXu and Just Flights 747 classic for FSXX, forget the rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a few people have expressed concern that alpha 5 seems a little underwhelming. I think if you look at the release notes at the items that have been addressed, though, there are some pretty significant fundamental features that have gotten much needed polish. A lot of flight model and avionics/system tweaks this round. This is a solid update and getting more excited as beta and the release gets closer. I do notice that the tree scaling isn't mentioned in the notes. Given that they alluded to a fix in last week's update I have faith that it is being addressed, perhaps by the beta build if not this last alpha. It is all looking very good!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were obviously planning to have the Icon a5 and others available at release, or it wouldn’t have been shown in the trailer. Judging by all the tweaking to the flight model and the polish for alpha 5, my guess is they are responding to testers calls for improved realism. I would rather have fewer, more polished aircraft than lots with questionable flight behaviours. 
 

The main thing for me is making sure the immersion isn’t killed through odd aircraft behaviours on ground or in the air. That, and good FPS!


it’s all looking very promising 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

There are several aircraft which seem absent from the apha : the Icon A5, the Murdy Cap 10C, the CJ4 and the PA18 Cub. Too early to draw any conclusion, I surmise that they still are on the working bench.

This is my guess, as well. Most of us here have extrapolated from the announcement trailers that all aircraft we saw would be available on release, but they've never (at least, to my knowledge) actually said they'd be ready to go by that time.

For all we know these other aircraft will be worked on in the year after release as extras for the store, or possibly as free updates, or maybe they'll ignore some altogether and leave it to 3rd party companies. 

The first thing I noticed in this update was the water color (actually, I noticed it in the Lake Powell shots in the previous update). They're clearly continuing to add the "polish" w/ the environment. I'm sure there will be much more polishing needed over the coming years, but that's what this project seems to really be about, doesn't it? Creating an AI program that can recreate the world more accurately over time as they continue to learn and tweak the program.

I'd still prefer they increase the tree size, though ;p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone still getting invited to the alpha? Every update it says invites are going out but on here it seems dead. 


FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just going to wait for release. Experiencing this for the first time, without water marks, all polished up. It’s going to be amazing.

Thanks to the alpha testers for the hard work.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This thing is nowhere near going into beta imo and that's as much dirty laundry that I am going to air here.

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kenjiro75 said:

I'm sooo disappointed... I really believed Cessna CJ4 will be added to MSFS as in early announcements, but I guess everyone has already forgotten about that bizjet. Not even a word from Asobo... So as the next step is closed beta, we can assume, that the CJ4 is gone...?

ASOBO has enough problems with the other jets. The last thing they need to do right now is focus on adding yet another one for release. Fix what's there so there's no issues with the release. That's my view right now.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

This thing is nowhere near going into beta imo and that's as much dirty laundry that I am going to air here.

I'm in the alpha and disagree. The feature set is there and it's better than any current default sim. The point of a beta is to polish what's there and that's where MSFS is in my opinion. I'm hoping for a 3-4 month beta period where they iron everything out for a fall release.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bonchie said:

I'm in the alpha and disagree. The feature set is there and it's better than any current default sim. The point of a beta is to polish what's there and that's where MSFS is in my opinion. I'm hoping for a 3-4 month beta period where they iron everything out for a fall release.

I am too and like I said, not going to get into the p*****ing contest with you over it on Avsim. 


Jacek G.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I am too and like I said, not going to get into the p*****ing contest with you over it on Avsim. 

Then don't pick a fight. No-one asked you to say whether it's ready or not. If you aren't interested in discussing the topic, your post counts as trolling.

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

Then don't pick a fight. No-one asked you to say whether it's ready or not. If you aren't interested in discussing the topic, your post counts as trolling.

There's no fight here and clearly no chance to discuss the details here without breaching the NDAs, simple. 

  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,205.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...