Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

MCE and MSFS

Now that the upcoming release of MSFS has been announced, can you already say something about if, when and to what extent MCE will be available for MSFS?

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Now that the upcoming release of MSFS has been announced, can you already say something about if, when and to what extent MCE will be available for MSFS?

Since we develop everything we need in house, and not relying on FSUIPC or other guys consultants or whatever you want to call them, unless Microsoft decides not to allow third party devs to load their dlls in the sim, we are going to extend support to MSFS 2020.

And unlike some greedy third party devs out there, we won't make a meal of it either.

It will be just another MSFS based sim supported in Multi Crew Ultimate Edition.

The few months needed to adapt it to MSFS 2020 is nothing compared to the 12+ years of development sunk into this so far.

Only thing we're not sure about is the handling of Native ATC, as this is done outside any SDK and needs to be worked out for each sim.

I'm not talking about sending keys (or simulated mouse clicks) to select items in menus, but more about the ability to work out what's displayed in ATC window at any given time so that it can be reliable.

Maybe 2 to 3 months after MSFS 2020 official release if one has to give a rough estimate.

• Like 6

Gerald, honestly speaking, there could be nothing else expected by the ones who know (and even love) your produkt and your attached support. 😉

Edited by BerndB
  • Upvote 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Great to hear. I would dearly miss ramp agent Dieter. And of course the copilot not understanding when I say „zero“.

No, jokes aside. I just reinstalled MCE for fsx. Can‘t do without it anymore.

This may be one of the best answers i have seen, a developer who is ready to stand up and say their intent and the possible road blocks.  And your history shows this to be par for the course.   

I use the Xplane version daily, but i will be first in line to grab the 2020 compatible version, even though it will cost me some $$, its worth it.

Janet Virtual Airline

MSFS2020 / XPlane
i9-9900K, 1070Ti, 32GB Ram, Honeycomb Alpha

On 7/15/2020 at 12:39 PM, FS++ said:

Since we develop everything we need in house, and not relying on FSUIPC or other guys consultants or whatever you want to call them, unless Microsoft decides not to allow third party devs to load their dlls in the sim, we are going to extend support to MSFS 2020.

Maybe 2 to 3 months after MSFS 2020 official release if one has to give a rough estimate.

Now that it seems that third party dlls are not possible any more, does that change your outlook on MCE for MSFS?

Anyway I wonder if we possibly can get a standalone Voxkey version beforehand as an interim solution to at least be able to use some custom voice commands?

Edited by RALF9636

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Now that it seems that third party dlls are not possible any more, does that change your outlook on MCE for MSFS?

Anyway I wonder if we possibly can get a standalone Voxkey version beforehand as an interim solution to at least be able to use some custom voice commands?

Although it's a bummer to have the dll option removed (would have made things much easier and quicker), we already started working on an alternative.

A bit more work than expected, but it's happening, make no mistake.

We should have a rough implementation good enough for testing within  3 weeks.

Will let you know when it's ready.

• Like 3

wow. I was horrified when i saw the post that said dlls are not an option anymore, since it seemed like MCE relied on  their owned developed dll file that  made everything possible.

You guys are very talented, Very happy to know that you found an  alternative.

On 8/27/2020 at 1:22 AM, FS++ said:

Although it's a bummer to have the dll option removed (would have made things much easier and quicker), we already started working on an alternative.

A bit more work than expected, but it's happening, make no mistake.

We should have a rough implementation good enough for testing within  3 weeks.

Will let you know when it's ready.

Hi there

IS there a place where you guys write development or news about the progress about this i could follow?

I check here daily but nowhere else.

On 9/16/2020 at 4:26 PM, hadi said:

Hi there

IS there a place where you guys write development or news about the progress about this i could follow?

I check here daily but nowhere else.

Since we aren't producing virtual aircraft or scenery, obviously no screenshot to show here.

Interfacing is going well and we should have a new MSFS 2020 compatible MCE package by mid-next week.

• Like 4

On 7/15/2020 at 7:34 AM, RALF9636 said:

You can now request the download link for the Beta that woks with MSFS 2020 via e-mail to support.

Offer open to all Multi Crew Experience Ultimate Edition registered users.

• Like 2

Thanks, tonight I hope to be able to try it.
For the atc: do you need an upgrade of the sdk to be 100% functional?

22 hours ago, 614NLV said:

Thanks, tonight I hope to be able to try it.
For the atc: do you need an upgrade of the sdk to be 100% functional?

Nope, ATC has always been a black box. Simconnect cannot do anything about it, even in FSX or P3D.

It's something to do with MCE not allowed to run dll modules inside the sim.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1