Sign in to follow this  
wardp

Xbox Game Pass for PC

Can someone explain about the Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 please. In order to run the MS Flight Sim 2020 do I need to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass at $9.99 per month?

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

25 minutes ago, wardp said:

Can someone explain about the Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 please. In order to run the MS Flight Sim 2020 do I need to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass at $9.99 per month?

No, you don’t need to. The xbox game pass is simply an option. It may however be a good option to consider because it can give you the chance to get to play/try the flight sim at a lower cost than purchasing it by itself.

For example, when the sim releases in August you can choose to play it on the xbox game pass by paying only your first month charges for the game pass subscription. Then if you like the sim after playing it you can then choose to either keep your xbox game pass subscription and keep paying every month, or you can decide to cancel your xbox game pass subscription and purchase the flight sim separately on its own for a one time purchase price. You can also choose to buy the flightsim directly from the very start without bothering to get the xbox game pass.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hangar said:

No, you don’t need to. The xbox game pass is simply an option. It may however be a good option to consider because it can give you the chance to get to play/try the flight sim at a lower cost than purchasing it by itself.

For example, when the sim releases in August you can choose to play it on the xbox game pass by paying only your first month charges for the game pass subscription. Then if you like the sim after playing it you can then choose to either keep your xbox game pass subscription and keep paying every month, or you can decide to cancel your xbox game pass subscription and purchase the flight sim separately on its own for a one time purchase price. You can also choose to buy the flightsim directly from the very start without bothering to get the xbox game pass.

So, if you choose to buy the digital edition you can only do so by paying $9.99 for a one month subscription first?
Or can you also buy the digital edition via xbox game pass without a subscription, so without paying $9.99 ?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

5 minutes ago, Wildblue said:

So, if you choose to buy the digital edition you can only do so by paying $9.99 for a one month subscription first?
Or can you also buy the digital edition via xbox game pass without a subscription, so without paying $9.99 ?

No. You have two possibilities:

1) pay once full price 59$, 89$ or 119$ (standard, deluxe or premium deluxe edition)

or

2) pay monthly with PC Xbox game pass 9,99$

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Jeez people know how to overcomplicate things, thankfully @ludekbrno explained it in simple (and correct) terms. It should be noted only standard/base edition is included in Xbox GamePass.

In Europe there is a third option, you can buy it on DVD from Aerosoft (again, you just pay this once) although you still need an internet connection to update the files and get the aerial imagery.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 3

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

9 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

No. You have two possibilities:

1) pay once full price 59$, 89$ or 119$ (standard, deluxe or premium deluxe edition)

or

So, just to be sure....you can buy the digital premium deluxe edition by paying 119$ once, without any subscription at all?

Edited by Wildblue

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

6 minutes ago, Wildblue said:

So, just to be sure....you can buy the digital premium deluxe edition by paying 119$ once, without any subscription at all?

It's literally as written in the post you quoted, what are you unsure about:

15 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

or

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Thanks everyone, not being an Xbox user I thought I would ask about it  before I purchased the Premium deluxe edition. I understand it all now.

Cheers

In case anybody is wondering, the gamepass edition is the standard edition.

You can then buy the upgrade to deluxe and premium if you wish.

14 hours ago, SoJourned said:

I´ve been wondering that myself, and it´s not clear (to me) that you can just upgrade from the standard in gamepass. 

Would be nice to just pay the difference for a Premium upgrade (if you have gamepass) but I´ve not seen any info about it and in I don´t see any "upgrade" options in Gamepass. They let you buy higher versions but you have to pay the whole pack as if you were not member of GP.

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

14 hours ago, SoJourned said:

I think not. I can't see any possibility, how to buy upgrade to deluxe or premium deluxe, without ownership the standard version. And with Xbox game pass you will not buy the standard version, only pay for time limited acces.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The other thing to think about with game pass is that the monthly subscription allows you to download/play other titles as well. My best analogy is its the gamer equivalent of Netflix or Amazon Prime.

We use it on the Xbox itself and have been able to play some great games without having to fork out the full cost. Which is great if you're not sure whether you'd enjoy it and just want to give it a go.

• Like 2

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 6:38 AM, wardp said:

Why is this posted in two threads? :unsure:

huey1177.gif

Brain fade, I took a phone call between the two postings.