Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

Keyboard went dead (vulkan b16)

I was doing a flight last night in the Hotstart TBM 900. At one point the keyboard became unresponsive to XP. It wasn't the fault of the keyboard or Windows (volume key still worked etc). For XP it just went dead.

Greazer.

I think maybe X-Plane is now starting to get back at you after all the ranting and dumping on it that you did? 😆

Just another 3 weeks and you can finally go to the new flightsimulator, maybe just watch TV until then?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Well, if all you said about the coding ability of the folks at Laminar was even 10% true...do you think they would be able to code a simulator where the keyboard works? No way! 😆

Aside from the funny back and forth here I once had my F key stop working only in XP11.  I figured out I was using a different profile with Track IR then normal...and XP11 was intercept the F key.

Is there a plugin you might be running or recently installed?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 hours ago, Greazer said:

XP may be buggy have bad fps and default bland scenery, it should at least function at basic level with input devices. That is not expecting too much.

Do you really expect people to help you in an X-Plane forum when you constantly bash X-Plane like this?  

Did it ever occur to you that there is absolutely zero chance that X-Plane can spontaneously prevent your keyboard from working?  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GoranM said:

Did it ever occur to you that there is absolutely zero chance that X-Plane can spontaneously prevent your keyboard from working?  

Obviously that's not an "absolutely zero chance" - because that's exactly what happened 😸

Had that happen to me as well and a sim restart fixed it. Never bothered to investigate any further though.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

Obviously that's not an "absolutely zero chance" - because that's exactly what happened 😸

Well that's some next level, spooky code right there.  Maybe you should have sent the dev's a log file.  No doubt they would have been able to find out what was going on.

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

Well that's some next level, spooky code right there.  Maybe you should have sent the dev's a log file.  No doubt they would have been able to find out what was going on.

I did another flight and the keyboard was fine.   I guess I will assume it was a Hotstart glitch and move on 😂