Sign in to follow this  
Claudius_

Propeller animation

4 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

And thats how we get back to the FPS. This effect wouldn't look too bad at 60FPS or above i'd pretend. It's definately something that looks worse woth lower FPS.

Exactly what I meant above. If we had insane frame and monitor update rates we could probably leave it at single prop blades, but with limited fps I feel like the look of the prop (or jet engine fan, if you prefer) should be approximated more and more with said uniform disc. I doubt this has anything to do with how the videos were recorded, it’s been that way in every version I can think of.

7 hours ago, ckyliu said:

I wouldn't say it's terrible, I'd say it's a stylistic choice. Asobo have chosen to show propeller motion as if they were a video recording, rather than what the naked eye sees in reality. Previous versions of FS did it, and I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it's what the layman expects.

Which is very much in style with their lense flare. You don't get that with your eyes either, and if you do, you'd better see a doctor. 😉

Something you sort of want right given it's probably the single animation you see the most on you aircraft whether it's a VC view or exterior. But I'm nit picking. 

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I hope that the devs make it better, or less visible at least.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

4 hours ago, odourboy said:

You just haven't been around enough! In the world of high fidelity add-ons, propeller animation effects are debated and dickered over along with any other shortcoming. Lol. And for the record, I agree with the OP,  they look a bit lame compared to how amazing most other aircraft graphics aspects are presented.

Sorry, but I resent that you're trying to neglect my point and beret my opinion, by using my user creation date/post count in here, to beret my opinion, and drawing the conclusion, that I'm inexperienced with flightisms or somehow unperceptive about graphics details.

This whole debate is just ludicrous (at least in my opinion) as people in here are just ranting on about some details, that they find imprecise or somehow bad, without offering up any concrete and precise suggestions as to how they want it to look...

Wow, it must be hard to be a software these days, with these kind of crowds.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm getting a little tired of people constantly finding (smaller and smaller) faults, that they just - well, hate - for no apparent reason and no concrete criticism as to how they want it changed. The general point of order, seems to be: "Take my word for it - It just looks bad! Change it / Needs work!" 

🙂

But the prop animation is not a small detail, you have it in front of your eyes all the time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

A new day and another new worry for a game that hasn't even been released yet.

I don't like the co-pilot animation but it doesn't seem like something to start a new thread about.

58 minutes ago, travelabroad said:

Sorry, but I resent that you're trying to neglect my point and beret my opinion, by using my user creation date/post count in here, to beret my opinion, and drawing the conclusion, that I'm inexperienced with flightisms or somehow unperceptive about graphics details.

This whole debate is just ludicrous (at least in my opinion) as people in here are just ranting on about some details, that they find imprecise or somehow bad, without offering up any concrete and precise suggestions as to how they want it to look...

Wow, it must be hard to be a software these days, with these kind of crowds.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm getting a little tired of people constantly finding (smaller and smaller) faults, that they just - well, hate - for no apparent reason and no concrete criticism as to how they want it changed. The general point of order, seems to be: "Take my word for it - It just looks bad! Change it / Needs work!" 

Lighten up dude! I wasn't trying to berate your opinion... people really do get their panties in a serious knot over prop animation..  really!

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

26 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

A new day and another new worry for a game that hasn't even been released yet.

I don't like the co-pilot animation but it doesn't seem like something to start a new thread about.

No comment...!

I thought "uniform semi-transparent disc" was a reasonably precise suggestion how I feel the issue could be approached. You could argue if you like it either way but it's what I'd prefer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, badderjet said:

I thought "uniform semi-transparent disc" was a reasonably precise suggestion how I feel the issue could be approached. You could argue if you like it either way but it's what I'd prefer.

Maybe they can introduce discrete options for prop type / animation type / effect type with the propellers.  That way everyone could display it the way they like.   Sort of like lens flare.  You can turn it off, or on.  At least in P3D.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Would be optimal. Realistically I don't think this is gonna come but anyway. More customization options can't hurt.

I'm ready for them to fix the prop display too.  I don't recall FSX or Xplane 11 with a display this annoying

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 6:05 AM, wim123 said:

well, you know , there is also the issue where in movies wheels seem to turn backwards, but they dont in rl.  (cause is known)

some things are tough to really simulate well, but again to me a very unimportant issue.

with this sim, the really nitpicking kind of people are probably not going to be happy, but i just saw Froogles multiplayer vid, and

thats exactly the kinda thing i like..no doubt some heavy iron pilots curling their long toes..

in the first place any game or simgame should be fun.

i am pretty sure the hardcore simmers in the longer run(3rd party planes) are going to like it too.

"some things are tough to really simulate well",Wrong the Cessna Caravan does not display this ridiculous effect...

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

3 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

"some things are tough to really simulate well",Wrong the Cessna Caravan does not display this ridiculous effect...

really... after 14 months, this is the comment?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K