Sign in to follow this  
stewie007

Price for Premium Deluxe in India is not justified. 90 euro!

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Thing is, sure India has its haves and have nots, and maybe a lot of the have nots, but it's really just a version of everywhere. Anyone who thinks the UK, or the US, or France, Germany or wherever does not have people who are struggling too, is just not looking very far. Take a walk through London and see how many people are sleeping in the underpasses of the bridges right next to the Palace of Westminster, and you can see the same in any city or town in any country in the world.

Even those among us who do have a roof over their head are in many cases a mere three wage packets away from being in deep trouble financially, and even more so now the joy that is Covid 19 has devastated many job sectors. But if I should find myself homeless and cold on the street, I can assure everyone that my main thought will not be, if only the Premium Deluxe Version of the new MS Flight Simulator was not subject to an additional 20% VAT.

are you srlsy comparing peanuts to berries? humans on street of course are not the target group of games.

humans with a roof in india a a target group who should pay about 40 bucks for pre. del.

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Thing is, sure India has its haves and have nots, and maybe a lot of the have nots, but it's really just a version of everywhere.

Sure, there are haves and have-nots everywhere. But the amount of money it takes to be a “have” varies greatly from place to place. I’m not even talking about relative to others in a single country. Places like India have extremely low unskilled labor costs, which has ripple effects across the economy. You can be middle class in India, and even have live-in servants (a luxury reserved only for the very richest in the most-developed countries), and have an actual salary that’s an order of magnitude lower than a middle-class person in the UK. The general cost of living is just much lower.

Look at it this way: if MSFS Premium Deluxe cost £1200 instead of £120, do you think that typical middle-class people in the UK would see that as a reasonable use of their disposable income? That’s why you price it lower in these countries.

James

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stewie007 said:

are you srlsy comparing peanuts to berries? humans on street of course are not the target group of games.

humans with a roof in india a a target group who should pay about 40 bucks for pre. del.

Nope, I'm pointing out that it is ridiculous to single out one country as being special in regards to how much a luxury, not a necessity, should cost. Now if you want to talk about other reasons for the price point, such as hoping to sell more at a lower price by gaining volume sales, then fine, this is something for MS to consider, but this was not the thrust of the title of the thread and is originally why I made the first response to this OP on this thread, that is to say, the original thrust was that the price was 'not justified', as in unjust.

The world does not owe anyone a living, and whether you buy a luxury product is a personal decision, albeit influenced by the size of your wallet. Justice doesn't come into it. That doesn't mean I think the world is entirely just in social terms, it isn't, but that's got literally bugger all to do with a toy aeroplane game.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 minutes ago, Chock said:

Nope, I'm pointing out that it is ridiculous to single out one country as being special in regards to how much a luxury, not a necessity, should cost. Now if you want to talk about other reasons for the price point, such as hoping to sell more at a lower price by gaining volume sales, then fine, this is something for MS to consider, but this was not the thrust of the title of the thread and is originally why I made the first response to this OP on this thread, that is to say, the original thrust was that the price was 'not justified', as in unjust.

The world does not owe anyone a living, and whether you buy a luxury product is a personal decision. Justice doesn't come into it. That doesn't mean I think the world is entirely just in social terms, it isn't, but that's got literally bugger all to do with a toy aeroplane game.

you know what i dont care. im obv. not talking only about india. bye.

2 minutes ago, stewie007 said:

you know what i dont care. im obv. not talking only about india. bye.

Well if you're not only talking about India, then why write the word India in what you were talking about and not anywhere else? If you are referring to to other things too, mention them. Your additional thoughts do not transfer into the medium of HTML text.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

i dont have asperger sorry.  you should learn how to talk to neurotic(majority of humans) people

Edited by stewie007

I learned how to talk to a neurotic person. "Yes Dear", "No Dear". Eventually it all goes quiet. 👍

....Until the next outbreak. 😣

• Like 4

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I suppose Microsoft could ask for an USAID special program.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I can't wait for the UNICEF adverts with some celeb doing a TV spot...

'This is little Kanye. Like hundreds of entitled brats, little Kanye has to suffer the ignominy of running his older version of a flight simulator on hardware which is almost 18 months old. Please text 'ATI RADEON 7500' to this number, and give 950 pounds. Your donation will help little Kanye, and hundreds of children like him to enjoy frame rates in the triple digits.'

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

9 hours ago, adesai73 said:

do you typically consider the less fortunate in your country when making purchases?  or do you see to it that their needs are met prior to any big budget items you want to buy?

I am blessed financially, and able to earmark money for charity.  My favorite charities are those addressing the needs of the homeless and abused women’s shelters.

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Supply and demand, if a company wants to get a foothold in a certain market, they will pitch their product at a price they believe the market will stand. I don't  think this is the first product Microsoft have launched.

Ian S

38.jpg

I think they just don't do the price correction until close-to-release or when released. Cause "Grounded", published by xbox games, has 70% reduction compared to european euro. 

So. I am happy now. 🙂 To have learned this enlightment. But people here are really toxic. I hope it's not age typical. Social status perhaps?

2 hours ago, Chock said:

I can't wait for the UNICEF adverts with some celeb doing a TV spot...

'This is little Kanye. Like hundreds of entitled brats, little Kanye has to suffer the ignominy of running his older version of a flight simulator on hardware which is almost 18 months old. Please text 'ATI RADEON 7500' to this number, and give 950 pounds. Your donation will help little Kanye, and hundreds of children like him to enjoy frame rates in the triple digits.'

Brilliantly put, Alan. And have we overlooked how the West donates £+$ millions in foreign aid,and where is it spent? 'Oh, let's join the Big Boys Celebrity Club and launch a rocket to ...........well, let's if it explodes first'!!! Or, let's spend that foreign moola on ex-Soviet aircraft carriers.'

And they cry poverty. Rich.

Yup, here's a list of all the aeroplanes in the Indian Air Force. This doesn't include their Navy's air assets or the Army's air assets either, and there's a lot of those too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Indian_military_aircraft

That is not a poor country.

It may not distribute its wealth to everyone like it perhaps should, but it's not up to Microsoft to compensate for the policies of a nation. And any of us sobbing into our tea about this on a forum, in an attempt to look more caring than others, is not going to change it either.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Gents, please avoid discussion about how the Indian government chooses to spend its money. Political discussion is frowned on as you know. Not relevant to this topic.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather