Sign in to follow this  
stewie007

Price for Premium Deluxe in India is not justified. 90 euro!

19 minutes ago, bonchie said:

They aren’t going to lower the price. No one in India who can afford a gaming computer and good internet can’t also afford MSFS.

The standard version is always an option as well. 

Yes, it’s a bit odd to be worrying that poor people in developing nations potentially won’t be able to afford the “premium deluxe” model of an entertainment product - i suspect there are higher priorities here.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

25 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Dave, I know that.. but, again Devil's Advocate...

Why would a company decide to lose out to make a sale? A sale isn't a sale unless profit can be made - nice gestures notwithstanding. Surely a company doesn't think it HAS to sell. If a poorer country cannot afford their product then no business. Isn't that how a free market works?

I cannot afford a Lamborghini - are they going to give me a discount so that I can buy one? I do not think so.. "But, you'll make a sale!!", "Ah, Signore Robinson, non sta succedendo!" 

I look at it this way:

The producer in this case has already spent most of what they're going to spend developing their product.  It doesn't cost them hardly anything to sell a unit of MSFS 2020, unlike a car or other durable good.

So, they stand to make more money in sales volume by simply lowering the price and selling many of them in India and other poorer countries.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

8 minutes ago, stewie007 said:

Some Humans here don't know that fsx costs 70% less in India.

MSFS only 30% cheaper. Has to be fixed.

Some people don't consider that billions of people around the world can't afford to spend the kind of money they can on a product.

I'm not moralizing or championing the poor as someone here accused me of doing because he replied to your initial question without thinking.  Simply pointing out a fact.

Dave

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

38 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Because a typical person living in a relatively poor country simply cannot afford to pay the same as what those of us in wealthy countries can.

If the producer doesn't lower the price in the poorer country then they won't be able to sell much of their product there.

Dave

Maybe they could focus on purchasing other necessities first, and worry about opulence later.  Such as toilets..so as to stop the poor from using the open fields.

• Upvote 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

NVidia will also have to drop the price of their RTX 2080Ti so that this mythical target audience of starving slum dwellers will be able to play the sim.

• Like 4

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

NVidia will also have to drop the price of their RTX 2080Ti so that this mythical target audience of starving slum dwellers will be able to play the sim.

Silence. Just be silencium. Regional pricing is already thing. Good Morning, sleeper.

Why complain here? Complain to Microsoft.

David Porrett

@stewie007 I know that books are cheaper in India.  Can you give us an example?

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

6 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

You're comparing apples and oranges.

The RTX2080 costs money to produce, albeit much, much less than what Nvidia and other companies charge for it I'm sure.  That's fine, they set a price that that the market will bear and which allows them to make a profit.  I'm also sure, however, that they could sell them at a lower price in poorer countries and still make a profit.

Software is a different story as it costs almost nothing to produce once you've written the code.

It's somewhat analogous to an empty hotel room.  You can hold out for a high price and maybe fail to rent the room, or let it go for a reduced price and at least make a small profit.

Dave

11 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Why complain here? Complain to Microsoft.

To be fair though, if that was the standard, then about half the posts on this sub-forum have to be considered.....

Oh.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The server costs required to stream gigabytes of scenery per user make this a bit different to the average software title.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OK now I'm confused.... Stewie, are you saying that the price of MSFS in India should be the same price as a 14 year old simulator using brand new coding??

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Agree with you, MSFS surprised me when they did regional prices. Add-ons for FSX are very difficult to buy at my country, because the price conversion is non existent. Devs loose market share on other regions because of it, and they refuse to open their eyes to realise they could enhance their sales by a big percentage when they start doing regional pricing. I'm hoping MSFS is a light on the end of the tunnel for us.

E.g. PMDG costs around $100, converting this + taxes gets the price around 3/5 of a normal salary in my country. It's an absurd. 

Edited by andrecarli737
  • Like 2

imyj2f-5.png

21 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

You're comparing apples and oranges.

The RTX2080 costs money to produce, albeit much, much less than what Nvidia and other companies charge for it I'm sure.  That's fine, they set a price that that the market will bear and which allows them to make a profit.  I'm also sure, however, that they could sell them at a lower price in poorer countries and still make a profit.

Software is a different story as it costs almost nothing to produce once you've written the code.

It's somewhat analogous to an empty hotel room.  You can hold out for a high price and maybe fail to rent the room, or let it go for a reduced price and at least make a small profit.

Dave

I will have to introduce the concept of software costing nothing after it is written to my management team at my software company.  I will be a genius, and probably get a bonus.  Sorry Dave, it does cost money.  
I’m not sure what track you are on for supporting the poor in India, or where ever they exist, I support you in that, but things cost what they cost

Maslow's hierarchy of needs theory suggests that the satisfication of wants, comes after needs.  As far as Needs, where do we begin?  Clean food, clean water, sanitation, safety, housing security?  Video games?  Video games, really?

• Upvote 2

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K