Sign in to follow this  
d25bev

Nitpicking a brilliant looking game

OMG.. How dare they!

I just noticed that vc10man said..Like sicko ghouls on motorway accidents rubber-necking to watch a bad crash😡

Are only good crashes ok? Maybe sicko ghouls dont watch those. I really hope then, that MSFS allows good crashes.. Keep the sicko ghouls out!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

9 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

OMG.. How dare they!

I just noticed that vc10man said..Like sicko ghouls on motorway accidents rubber-necking to watch a bad crash😡

Are only good crashes ok? Maybe sicko ghouls dont watch those. I really hope then, that MSFS allows good crashes.. Keep the sicko ghouls out!

If you need to have it explained to you why recreating the murders of thousands of real, identifiable people in a video game for your personal entertainment is a bad thing, you need to take some time out from here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

Just now, lambourne said:

If you need to have it explained to you why recreating the murders of thousands of real, identifiable people in a video game for your personal entertainment is a bad thing, you need to take some time out from here.

Oooo.. a forum policeman.. I need nothing explained, it's just so funny how intense you guys get.  It's a game, not real, & our virtual flying club has often simulated aircraft crashes, to see what went wrong, & why. Nope, it's not recreating murders of real people for personal entertainment.

Would you prefer or ban any game that has guns, cars, trains, planes, ships (can sink, recreating real people drowning, if you have that imagination), Frogger, remember that game from years ago? simulates killing of frogs. the DOOM games, train games.. the list goes on. 

Do you watch those aircraft crash movies? Those recreate the killing of identifiable people as well, in photo realism. That's pretty ghoulish of you, if you do, according to your statement.

Time-out? Nah! but thank you for your advice.

• Like 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

You'll be pleased to know about the new version of the Call of Duty franchise, Call of Duty: Modern Sensibilities, Snowflakes Edition. Here's a screenshot...

S5EGwB3.jpg

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

52 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Weird comment, so, by association, 1st person shooting & combat games are ghoulish as well? As for racing games.. maybe there will be crashes and accidents.. rubber-necking there as well?

E'erm did I say that? No! Again, you have managed to take it out of context. I was merely responding to Chocks post re:WTC. Nothing to do with 1st person 2nd person, 3rd person shooting or combat games.

• Upvote 1

Just now, vc10man said:

E'erm did I say that? No! Again, you have managed to take it out of context. I was merely responding to Chocks post re:WTC. Nothing to do with 1st person 2nd person, 3rd person shooting or combat games.

By association, or does the comments only refer to WTC? 

A crash is a crash, irrespective of where & the back story.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

7 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Not really. 3,000 people killed in a deliberate act involving four airliners being crashed with the intention to kill as many people as possible, which resulted in not only those deaths and the grief associated with them, but also massive changes in airport and aircraft security which continues to this day and affect everyone, is hardly the same as an aircraft accident.

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

5 hours ago, tweekz said:
  • At Madeira Airport cars are driving into water
  • No flight envelope protection with the Airbus (please fix!)
  • Airport ground textures look too clean - like it's coming straight from the airport factory 😄

So many people compare MSFS scenery with ortho scenery, but it's just so much more. I think we will notice when we are able to fly ourselves.

This guy triggers ALPHA PROT. He doesn't know he is - he's too busy complaining that the aircraft has a mind of its own and keeps adjusting the throttles! LOL.

To save you the pain of having to watch it all. He first triggers it at about 20 mins in.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

30 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

This guy triggers ALPHA PROT. He doesn't know he is - he's too busy complaining that the aircraft has a mind of its own and keeps adjusting the throttles! LOL.

That's pretty funny. Actually If the default A320 does simulate Alpha Protection, even in a pretty basic way, that's quite a bit more than I was expecting it to do.

For those - like this guy - who don't know what the Alpha Protection mode is, it is a collection of protective measures which stop you doing a control input which would risk making the plane go out of control, which is why he was not able to do what he wanted to do, although if he would have been able to do that, his aeroplane would have been a smoking hole in those hills.

In Alpha Protection, if you go beyond a specified angle of attack and trigger it, the autopilot disconnects, the spoilers retract, the angle of attack which can be commanded is tied to the stick movement, nose up pitch trim is dumped and the bank angle inhibitor limits you to a maximum 45 degree roll angle, as opposed to the normal 67 degree roll limit. So, if the airspeed gets into the band marked with warning black and orange alternate stripes on the airspeed strip gauge on the left of the PFD, then you know you are really in trouble!

To sort it out, you have to push the stick forward to pitch down at least eight degrees, then let the speed build; if the speed stays out of the Alpha Protection zone for at least half a second, it will cancel Alpha Protection and let you fly as normal, although it is best to let the thing get a bit of speed on before doing anything fancy.

This is why you start learning to fly on a Cessna or some such, and not an Airbus A320. It's also why aircraft designers put the cockpit at the front of an airliner, just so pilots know that if they screw up, they'll be the first ones to arrive at the scene of the crash.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, lambourne said:

He doesn't care about any of that.  He's only interested in stirring the pot.

I had a great time in the Steel Beasts tank game blowing up enemy tanks and machine-gunning troops.  But that's ok, I started my military career as a tank crewman.

For some brilliant-looking-game nitpicking, check out the Windows Maps app, go to Las Cruces, NM, switch to Aerial View and zoom in slowly until the color changes from green.  Scroll the map southeast down highway 10 past El Paso.  Gee... I *hope* it doesn't look like that in the sim!! 😄 

Hook

• Like 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Not read the whole thread but I’ve noticed a lot of blocky looking streams, slightly smaller than rivers in rural areas.  All water has a sort of curved line from above but there is a lot of sort of square looking turns as it meanders through the terrain.

Edited by sidfadc
  • Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

If any further incentive was required to jack this Forum in, then, you have well provided it😡, as pointless when cannot respond to a real-life tragedy that is still affecting a vast number of people, today.

20 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Suggesting wildfires be included is in poor taste. The loss of wildlife in this year’s fires in Australia was horrendous and many people also lost their lives. Nothing to do with politics, just basic human decency.

As a counterpoint, in a world where Grand Theft Auto exists, having forest fire scenarios in a flight simulator seems a bit low on the indecency scale. I wouldn't have a problem with firefighting scenarios. No one said they should put charred bodies in it. Simulating water bombers would not be problematic for me. After all, many of us also have DCS, and to be blunt, we simulate killing people in it. This would be simulating saving people. How is that objectionable?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eslader said:

As a counterpoint, in a world where Grand Theft Auto exists, having forest fire scenarios in a flight simulator seems a bit low on the indecency scale. I wouldn't have a problem with firefighting scenarios. No one said they should put charred bodies in it. Simulating water bombers would not be problematic for me. After all, many of us also have DCS, and to be blunt, we simulate killing people in it. This would be simulating saving people. How is that objectionable?

You’re talking about a world that is totally alien to me. I’ve never been attracted to games that allow the user to destroy or kill. That’s why I consider flight simulation software as a simulation and not a game where it appears anything goes.

Since there doesn’t appear to be any plans for similar scenarios to be included in MFS further discussion seems pointless.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, eslader said:

. This would be simulating saving people. How is that objectionable?

Well said. This is not about some sick fascination for recreating a disaster or killing or destroying  but about how aircraft with singularly skilled pilots can save the land and its people. A DLC of that kind could be one of a kind. 

• Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam