Sign in to follow this  
d25bev

Nitpicking a brilliant looking game

Instead of quoting anyone let me remind everyone the few that took my reply out of context and tryed to make it look like i was talking about wildfires in a bad way . 

NEWS FLASH i was joking about the tall trees 🌲 complains . 

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

2 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

Instead of quoting anyone let me remind everyone the few that took my reply out of context and tryed to make it look like i was talking about wildfires in a bad way . 

NEWS FLASH i was joking about the tall trees 🌲 complains . 

Oh, first he wants to roast small animals with a flame-thrower and now he is making fun of the righteous folks that have little to ask but for trees that are of the correct size!

Just joking!! 🤣

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Janov said:

And its a lot less violent than playing Battlefield 5 or Civilization where you drop nukes on everyone that is in your way 😆.

I can haz nukes!?  I haven't had nukes in a computer game since the Apple 2! 😄 And I haven't used nukes in a computer game since I realized I'd just totally wiped out the other country and never taken a single strike... as if they decided not to use nukes.  Quite a sobering thought.

We just had an Alaskan politician killed in a mid air collision in a DH2 Beaver.  I hope that doesn't also kill the chances of seeing a Beaver in MSFS.

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Just now, LHookins said:

I hope that doesn't also kill the chances of seeing a Beaver in MSFS.

No, but I heard that they are taking all Alaskan politicians out of the game (hence the release day shift)!

• Like 1

I live in a region where we have dangerous wildfires. Last year, one got less than 5 miles from my home. We get regularly overflown by the CL-415 of the Protection Civile fetching water from a large reservoir not far. 

This belongs to the aviation world and requires unusual piloting skills : scooping water and lifting the full aircraft from the lake, flying low in  hot and turbulent air, targeting the fires, avoiding casualties in the ground firemen troops.

Recreating these operations would certainly be very interesting if made in cooperation with professionals for a special DLC. I would pay the price.   

• Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, Janov said:

Oh, first he wants to roast small animals with a flame-thrower and now he is making fun of the righteous folks that have little to ask but for trees that are of the correct size!

Just joking!! 🤣

🤣😂🤣😂 i know i have a great sense of humor 👍 

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Suggesting wildfires be included is in poor taste. The loss of wildlife in this year’s fires in Australia was horrendous and many people also lost their lives. Nothing to do with politics, just basic human decency.

Should we really be glorifying flight when so many people have lost their lives in aviation accidents and incidents? 🤔

I say let's cancel MSFS2020 completely, then no one has to be reminded that people die. 🙄

• Like 4

Matthew S

That’s enough discussion about fires and whether they should feature in MFS. Get back on topic please.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 hours ago, WarpD said:

I'd suggest that if it's got to be perfect... then there is no software for you.  None.  Simply turn off your computer and toss it in the trash.  You simply will never be satisfied and will constantly "nitpick".  Not the best way to spend your life.  Really.

Well said! I just commented on a couple of other threads and I’ll mention it here again. This is Version 1 with brand new technology! Of course there will be problems and things to fix. Microsoft is releasing a new version of their 38 year old Flight Simulator series that now allows a person to experience the thrill of flight with new unparalleled realism right out of the box! Incredible!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

11 hours ago, d25bev said:

Now, before anyone misinterprets what i'm saying. I'm not angry or disappointed in the game in any way. The game is gorgeous, the flight model looks great, the UI looks simple to use but offers a great range of things to do & the hard work & technical achievements that's been put into it has been great. 

Every gameplay i've seen where they're using interior view & flying nearby to 'shore'. depending on the direction they are moving the reflections of terrain on the shoreline wipe & disappear, 

London, out of all the many hours of gameplay 

I lost interest after reading this. A gamer critiquing a flight simulator? Hmmm. No thanks. 

Well, it would seem even if we can't have fires, apparently there will be an abundance of snowflakes. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

18 minutes ago, Doering said:

Well said! I just commented on a couple of other threads and I’ll mention it here again. This is Version 1 with brand new technology! Of course there will be problems and things to fix. Microsoft is releasing a new version of their 38 year old Flight Simulator series that now allows a person to experience the thrill of flight with new unparalleled realism right out of the box! Incredible!

I'd suggest you read through my initial post. Mainly the first paragraph & my other posts before jumping to conclusions. 

8 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

I lost interest after reading this. A gamer critiquing a flight simulator? Hmmm. No thanks. 

You realise how this makes you sound right ha it's a game. Just because it's a game doesn't mean it's not a simulator. Do you get dressed up in uniform & pretend you're a real pilot whilst playing it? You sound like you would

9 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Yep... many have been complaining about the same thing for months... Asobo doesn't care. 🤷‍♂️

I'll be turning the trees off completely, Sydney especially is an abomination. 🤦‍♂️

So it's not just me that has picked up on some of the issues pertaining to Sydney? 

The trees at Sydney airport and city/suburbs are way off from reality. The missing iconic Harbour Bridge (and Anzac Bridge).

Crossing fingers these will be resolved prior to release or shortly thereafter.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

11 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

This is an inherent issue with screen-space reflections, which means that only what is drawn on the screen can be reflected at the same time. Only ray-tracing can fix this.

there has to be some way and I believe there are many solution to it, I played many games and Nvidia has done very well when it comes to reflections, I don't like the idea that RTX is the only solution, sound like marketing strategy to me. 🙄

6 minutes ago, Elwyn said:

there has to be some way and I believe there are many solution to it, I played many games and Nvidia has done very well when it comes to reflections, I don't like the idea that RTX is the only solution, sound like marketing strategy to me. 🙄

There is no way except for local planar reflections which are extremely expensive on modern games with deferred rendering. Pretty much all games nowadays use screen-space reflections with the same limitations, and sometimes more bizarre artifacts and anomalies when they're not coded very well, but some do a good job at hiding them with clever cubemap reflections.

NVIDIA is a GPU vendor by the way, not a developer. They do have some proprietary technologies that are used by several games whose publishers/developers have partnered with them, albeit mostly to lock AMD out of those features, but I'm not aware of anything regarding reflections outside of RTX.

Marketing strategy or not, ray-tracing is coming to consoles and AMD hardware, and consequently to lots of games, presumably with vendor-agnostic solutions.

• Upvote 1